Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Korean Subtitles For Movies?

maxiewawa
Expert on Something

Korean Subtitles For Movies?

Postby maxiewawa » June 3rd, 2008 11:21 am

I've had look around, and I've found that I should be using VLC to play my avi movies, and should have the correct subtitle file in the same folder. But I'm having trouble finding the subtitle files.

Does anyone know of anywhere where I can get Korean subtitle files?

감사합니다 in advance!

javiskefka
Expert on Something

Postby javiskefka » June 3rd, 2008 11:59 am

When I put '영화자막' into a search engine, a bunch of websites came up.

Get 40% OFF
mteric
Been Around a Bit

Postby mteric » July 13th, 2008 10:31 pm

I also have been wondering how to get subtitles in Korean. My searches on google have not been successful. Does anybody know where I can get them?

just1world
New in Town

The eternal question

Postby just1world » July 14th, 2008 4:13 am

Ahh. . .if only i could fully describe my long struggle to find Korean subs for Korean movies and tv shows.*sigh*

If your just looking for subs for big korean movies then you can just go to some of the popular asian movie sharing sites like Idols-unlimited or Avistaz. They have lots of movies uploaded and a number of them have subs for both english and korean. The ones that don't have subs at all are usually uploaded sometime later, and the ones that don't have korean subs usually stay that way -_-.

What i would honestly recommend though, is to get real good at searching/browsing the korean internet. I actually, intended to write out the things you could do to go about searching for movie/tv show/media subs but i'm just too lazy right now (let me know after you've checked out the 2 websites above if your still interested tho).
Figuring out the process will probably leave your korean ability far better than before, not to mention open you up to the "wonders" of korean internet. :D

mteric
Been Around a Bit

Postby mteric » July 15th, 2008 2:20 am

I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggles with this. ^^

Thanks for the links. I never thought to check asian movie sharing sites. They seem pretty cool (once you get past the loads of advertising!!)

You're right--it probably is a good idea to browse the Korean internet. I've started poking around a little to see what I can find. It certainly is helpful as far as learning new vocabulary.

rooraa
Expert on Something

Postby rooraa » July 26th, 2008 7:03 pm

I always get so intiminated by korean websites and such, there's just so much writing I don't understand! I yearn for the day I am capable of browsing the korean internet easily without randomingly clicking everywhere just to see where it leads me :? :roll: :lol:

shichae
New in Town

Postby shichae » December 30th, 2008 7:06 pm

sites like pdbox and clubbox have them..but they are pay sites now to download movies and what not..i used to use it back in the day and loaded the movies with the korean subtitles for them

shichae
New in Town

Postby shichae » December 30th, 2008 7:09 pm

rooraa wrote:I always get so intiminated by korean websites and such, there's just so much writing I don't understand! I yearn for the day I am capable of browsing the korean internet easily without randomingly clicking everywhere just to see where it leads me :? :roll: :lol:

and it is always a pain in the azz to join a given site..always have to plug in ss number and what not..i was shocked this web site didn't require that

Chris1
Established Presence

Postby Chris1 » December 31st, 2008 1:41 pm

Ipop (the home of gomplayer) has a pretty extensive database of subtitles. Also, if you watch a movie with Gomplayer, it will actually find the subtitles for you and tell you where to get them.

You can search their database at www.ipop.co.kr

destkid2800
New in Town

Postby destkid2800 » August 17th, 2012 2:03 am

haha im digging this thread up from the grave :twisted:
nearly 5 years old.
http://www.viki.com/channels/movies
This site has english and korean subs at the same time.

team.relationships
Expert on Something

Postby team.relationships » August 21st, 2012 6:11 am

It's better late than never :) Thank you for the link!
Our listeners would be happy to watch Korean movies with English subtitles.

Thanks again!

cheers,
Neha
Team KoreanClass101.com

destkid2800
New in Town

Postby destkid2800 » August 21st, 2012 6:14 am

i like to have both korean and english going at the same time. Its really helpful.

gadlaw8528
New in Town

Re: Korean Subtitles For Movies?

Postby gadlaw8528 » December 2nd, 2013 9:05 pm

I watch a lot of Korean Television shows. It's why I'm now a Premium member on this site. I found my first Korean TV Show called 'Secret Garden' on Netflix and it was in Korean with english subtitles. It was awesome, I even bought the dvd set on Amazon. On Netflix last I looked they had Boys Over Flowers and some others but ultimately I found Dramafever which has many if not most Korean TV shows available with the subtitles and Korean Language. Brilliant stuff and I have yet to run out of fascinating shows from romantic comedies to dramas to historical dramas to thrillers. You can subscribe by the month or by the year and it costs about the same as HBO except you can get it over the Internet or over your Roku or Xbox and on your iPad or other service you can get things like Netflix on. Much easier than searching for those subtitle sites. :D

Return to “Movies & Television (영화와 TV)”