Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Should I Continue Studying Korean even Hyunwoo Sun Is Gone?

Should I Stay And Continue Studying Korean?

Yes (explain below)
53%
No (explain below)
9%
I don't care, leave!
38%

Total votes: 32

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Should I Continue Studying Korean even Hyunwoo Sun Is Gone?

Postby Ulver_684 » January 17th, 2010 10:31 pm

Hi everyone! :wink:

First of all I want to thank KC101 for it's existence and to all the listeners that have support me since KC101 existed, I really apreciated. Now that Hyunwoo Sun is gone, to be honest, I lost interest in Korean and I want to say goodbye to KC101 and to all of you guys. I know that it wasn't a reason to study korean only but I really got in Korea because of Hyunwoo Sun. I also know there is a new member helping in the comment section but it's not the same anymore. Keith is gone, Hyunwoo Sun is gone, Seoul is gone, all the fun I had learning Korean run away forever. So once again thank you KC101, listeners and everyone else involved for bringing this great lessons. Lastly I know that everything has a start and a end but it's the end for me too. I would no longer will comment on the lessons and forum, but if you have a good reason for me to stay and continue studying Korean please let me know or post it here. I may consider it and think it with my pillow and pikachu on bed. Well thank you for your time everyone is time for me to go and hope to see you all including Hyunwoo Sun someday when I go to Korea in the future ok. See ya! :(

imaBALLER
Established Presence

Postby imaBALLER » January 17th, 2010 11:45 pm

The only reason you were studying Korean was because of the Hosts of a podcast, that you never met? That's ridiculous.

It's simple - if you still want to learn Korean and consider Korean Class 101 a good resource, you should keep using this site.

Get 40% OFF
huixi90
New in Town

Lol, please tell me they are your korean idol

Postby huixi90 » January 18th, 2010 12:40 pm

this is first time i tried korean class, after i felt Japanesepod101 is really useful.

in fact, i love japanese more than korean language. please don't study a language because of the teacher, i have met a lot of good japanese teachers in those regular language class unfortunately they never fail to leave us after one year of teaching.

Changing of teacher is good in someway, you get to be familiar with different natives accents and way of speaking.

i am going to subscribe koreanpod101.com because i just want to learn this language..well to watch korean dramas and songs.. it's not so useful actually because i am staying in singapore and has no intention to visit korea..well..maybe it's too early to say now?!

learning a language takes a lot of time and effort, i can't be giving up after one year my ideal japanese teacher leaves me right..i think if he/she has sincere good intention, she would hope to see me exploring the language and their culture to the next level =)

all the best to your learning korean language :D

erich
Established Presence

I will continue

Postby erich » January 19th, 2010 7:04 pm

What? Hyunwoo and Keith left kc101? I'm always listening to the podcasts with a delay of a couple of weeks so this news hasn't gotten to me yet. However: 계속 공부 할거예요. Because I'm not studying it because of the hosts, but because I want to be proficient one day.

That said, I'm sad to see all major hosts leave in such a short period (we've seen two other hosts leave in fall) so this looks like a real new era.

I hope the new hosts will bring the same amount of fun, interaction and interesting lessons as we experienced with the others. If not more!

miree
New in Town

Shock

Postby miree » January 20th, 2010 8:54 am

I didn't know that my favorite podcasters are gone. When did they leave and why? What happend? Well, I am still a Beginner, so I might never find out about this.

ukkki
New in Town

Postby ukkki » January 20th, 2010 9:02 am

I understand how you feel but they made many lessons
Have you studied all? you can still study with their audios, althought most of them aren't here, you know where to find they and you can ask if you ever have a question.
So my advice is don't waste this site and look for an alternative, a combination, to study the way you want .
Well... try to give an opportunity for new teachers but I hope to see you at the other sites as well.
:)

dtymazda
Been Around a Bit

Postby dtymazda » January 21st, 2010 5:02 am

I gotta say I think it's ridiculous to think that just because of one person, you're going to stop learning korean. If he's the only reason why you were learning korean, then why do it?

That said, the utter lack of lessons since they 'left' is disconcerting. An audio blog and absolute beginners series is nice but some of us are a little further along.

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » January 25th, 2010 9:08 pm

Hello everyone! :wink:

Thank you very much for your opinions and suggestions! for those who don't believe me that Hyunwoo Sun is gone here I read it by a listener here:

http://www.koreanclass101.com/2009/12/1 ... /#comments

OK now here is my decision I made from all these days and thinking about it in my bed. I decide to stop learning Korean for now since Hyunwoo Sun is gone and I don't plan on going to Korea for now until later on so when the time comes to meet Hyunwoo I promise to return here at KC101 and continue learning Korean so I can be able to show him and all what I know about Korean. Once again thank you to all KC101 staff and listeners for your support and dedication, keep up learning Korean and have fun like always. See ya later on in life! :wink:

DirtyHarry
New in Town

Postby DirtyHarry » January 26th, 2010 8:21 pm

Even though Hyunwoo isn't with koreanclass101 you can still find him here:

http://hyunwoosun.com/

This is the video where he talks about leaving:

http://media.libsyn.com/media/hyunwoosun/decemberupdate.m4v

I'm not sure if we'll get a new teacher or not; perhaps not. I miss Kyeung-eun too. She has a blog site with some really good material:

http://myhappydreams.textcube.com/

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » January 28th, 2010 8:39 pm

DirtyHarry wrote:Even though Hyunwoo isn't with koreanclass101 you can still find him here:

http://hyunwoosun.com/

This is the video where he talks about leaving:

http://media.libsyn.com/media/hyunwoosun/decemberupdate.m4v

I'm not sure if we'll get a new teacher or not; perhaps not. I miss Kyeung-eun too. She has a blog site with some really good material:

http://myhappydreams.textcube.com/

Dirty Harry! :wink:

Thank you for the links! I'm very happy to see Hyunwoo Sun again on the video! Now I know where to find him and I change my mind, forget what I said before, I will continue learning Korean and go to Korea as soon as I can promise. I love you Hyunwoo Sun! :skorea::wink:

http://www.talktomeinkorean.com/ 8)

imaBALLER
Established Presence

Postby imaBALLER » January 29th, 2010 1:26 am

Ulver_684

You seem to have an odd fixation on Hyunwoo Sun, personally, I would be creeped out by it.

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » January 30th, 2010 8:43 pm

imaBALLER wrote:Ulver_684

You seem to have an odd fixation on Hyunwoo Sun, personally, I would be creeped out by it.

ImaBALLER! :wink:

My relationship with Hyunwoo is just friends for now maybe more later on and a healthy, safe one. I'm not a stalker ok! so relax my friend.^^

shankim06265415
New in Town

Postby shankim06265415 » December 7th, 2010 3:25 pm

Omg...i wont study here anymore because hyunwoo isnt here anymore

trutherous
Expert on Something

Postby trutherous » December 20th, 2010 7:20 am

Of course you are already long gone 신디 but since this post has been dug up from the dust heaps I suppose I should add my comment:

You were right to move on. Bye bye.

Things always charge.

People grow older, wiser (hopefully), and tastes change.

Maybe you will come back to Korean, perhaps not.

You may become one of the majority who dabble in a fad then move on. Korean vocabulary may slip away and pronunciation revert but I am sure you will remember a few phrases as the years pass. One day you may meet a Korean tourist or business owner and say "AH knee YOnG HAs sAY YO JAY EE-room-eun SHIN-dee im-knee-DA" and wind up thinking "I wish I had continued to study.. I should get back into it.." who knows...

I know the former teachers at KC101 will live on forever in MP3s ... I guess I have listened to 현우's commentary and blogs from the early seasons now about 50 times as I drive to and from work and run errands. 현우 gave us so many useful situations, phrases, and vocabulary; his dedication and diligence in teaching Korean language here at KC101 is truly unparalleled -- He and the other teachers have become part of my psyche, their words echo in my subconscious. And who could ever forget 세화 's "yelp" as she described her jump from the airplane --too cute!

I wish all the best to those teachers that have moved on to better pay, benefits, and recognition. I thank them especially for the MP3 legacy that I have burned to CD and will listen to until every word, ever iota, is burned into rote memory.

Take care --

Return to “Listener's Lounge (청취자들의 공간)”