Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Skipping seasons?

syn70
Been Around a Bit

Skipping seasons?

Postby syn70 » July 14th, 2009 10:23 pm

So, I am in Newbie Season 2 this week, did you jump in the current season or did you start with the 1st like I did?

I really like the Newbie series. I had originally started the Beginner's series but found the Newbie series to be more my level. "Getting used to the sounds of Korean." was a perfect explanation of the series purpose.

So what series are you on and did you start with Season 1 or skip to whatever was the current season when you joined KC101?

okonomiyaki
New in Town

Postby okonomiyaki » July 15th, 2009 2:38 pm

I began with newbies season 1, and now I'm in season 3 but I decided to start taking also season 4.

I think that for us who have 0 knowledge of Korean is better to take at least newbies season 1 first to get used to pronunciation and learn the vocabulary it includes.

Get 40% OFF
stevenwilson
Been Around a Bit

Postby stevenwilson » July 15th, 2009 7:21 pm

I finished the newbie series, and I am now working my way through the beginner series. When a new newbie lesson comes out, I learn it so I dont have to go back to the newbie series again later. and also, they are pretty easy and sometimes they re-teach stuff we have already been taught.

I don't want to do the beginner series out of order, because I think allot of lessons build on the previous ones and so I think I might lack some necessary knowledge if I do beginner our of order.

Alexis
Expert on Something

Postby Alexis » July 20th, 2009 3:53 am

Hey Syn! ^_^

I began KC101 with the beginner series. I already knew very basic Korean, so I skipped all the newbie series. Although I do listen to them while I'm doing other things (like work. LOL), as they're just good reinforcement of vocab and such.

Having said that, I'm CONSIDERING skipping Beginner IV, depending on where I'm at at the end of III. Simply because I'm starting to find the beginner lessons a bit too easy. But I think the beauty of KC101 is that you can go at your own pace and do things how you like. Although I'm still doing beginner series', I also listen to the audio blogs and Lower Intermediate lessons. XP
안녕하세요! 윤선입니다!
http://seumnida.annyeong.net/ <-- Korean learning blog!

Return to “Listener's Lounge (청취자들의 공간)”