Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Anyone working or studying in Korea right now?

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » September 14th, 2007 4:58 pm

JockZon wrote:I also wanna know french :(

Jockzon! :wink:

Me too!!! :cry:

Keith
Expert on Something

Postby Keith » October 15th, 2007 2:20 am

juis oui la jun fie!

I just remember this from a commercial when I was kid. This sentence is drilled in my head... hahah

Get 40% OFF
tormsen
Been Around a Bit

Postby tormsen » February 14th, 2008 12:56 pm

I'm living and working here in Korea up in some deathly isolated apartment complex in 경기도양주시, I've been here about 8 and a half months now. At the rate at which I'm learning Korean, Koreanclass101 Intermediate level seems to be just right, so this place is cool.

deaddingo
New in Town

Postby deaddingo » February 17th, 2008 12:39 pm

I am also living and working in Korea. Not been here that long but really need to learn the language quickly but finding it hard to get the time ot study properly with work :(

the_haunted_boy
Expert on Something

Postby the_haunted_boy » February 27th, 2008 10:43 pm

lol, that French conversation took up more than other languages in this topic.
Anyway, I would like to do a little bit of both in Korea, but I need to find a good program.

Enkiae
Been Around a Bit

Postby Enkiae » March 4th, 2008 5:14 am

I'm in Seoul, have been here for exactly a year and two weeks now :lol: But I live in 도봉구 so I'm a bit far from where all the action is.

On dirait qu'il y a beaucoup de monde sur Koreanclass101 qui parlent Francais :lol:

smilesalot1977
New in Town

me, too

Postby smilesalot1977 » April 1st, 2008 5:46 am

I live in Seoul... :)

sherislick
New in Town

Seoul!

Postby sherislick » April 27th, 2008 5:17 am

I live in Seoul, too!

bialun
New in Town

on partout...

Postby bialun » May 7th, 2008 10:33 pm

les francophones sont partout, ils ont même colonisé le sein de koreanclass)))
한국어와 프랑스어로 사랑 고백하기가 아름다워요!

norottearu
New in Town

Postby norottearu » May 14th, 2008 11:13 am

Hi everyone, I didn`t check if I have to introduce myself, sorry !
I`m French too ㅋㅋ, donc salut a tous les francophones ! Hi to everyone speaking French. I plan to make an internship next year so maybe I will have the chance to say "Yeah I live in Korea ! That`s great !!"

hyunwoo-> Hi I read your introducing about masterin 10 languages I said to myself "Oh, he`s great !!". Because languages are my passion. Now Korean is my 7th languages (5th languages without my 2 native languages). But this is quite difficult to master all those languages. So nevermind, as long as I can speak it`s OK.
But Korean is special for me so I plan to speak as fluently as that I-didnt`t-know-her- before Ida Daussy :lol: Hey why not ?? She did it, so why not me too ? ㅋㅋ

This is my firt message, and I hope there will be others, I fell in love with this website and everyone look so kind !

Bye, see you all, and long live Busan (yeah seems like Southern France and the city of my 여자 친구 :P )

Bouks
Expert on Something

Postby Bouks » May 14th, 2008 8:42 pm

Bonjour cher nouveau francophone! Bienvenue! Is your girlfriend a Marseillaise? I am a "part-time" Marseillaise 8) Vive le OM! (I have to say that or my residency card will be revoked...hahaha! Just kidding.)

What level are you at in Korean? I am a beginner. I wonder what it is about Korean that attracts all the francophones...very mysterious. But it's a good thing.

We are all very kind, unless you call me 아줌마...then I'm not kind :x :wink:
On Skype, I'm nenuphar_ (just like that with the underline character ending)

I invite you to check out my new blog about linguistics, translation and culture:
www.shadesofmeaning.wordpress.com

Keith
Expert on Something

Postby Keith » May 15th, 2008 8:23 am

Bonjour norottearu! Sorry, that's all the French that I know :) Welcome to the site, and thank you for commenting. If you have any questions, we're always here to answer them. And even if some of the staff doesn't get back to you right away, our community is really excellent and very helpful too!

But I agree Bouks. There's something with Koreans and the French. Many French people that I've met have been very interested in Korean. I think one of the reasons for this maybe because of the recent success of Korean directors in Independent Films (Cannes Festival). But that's a total shot in the dark! ;)

norottearu
New in Town

Postby norottearu » June 17th, 2008 2:27 pm

Hi ! It`s been a long time I came here ...
That`s quite funny/weird for me to have a reply from you since I listen to you everyday with the podcasts :D I have to admit I enjoy listening to your podcasts, and I wonder if the students here at my university think of me as a mad guy when I`m laughing on my own listening to my pods... By the way is Miss Yun Seol there in the forum too ?

Anyway bonsoir Bouks and Keith :) So yeah I`m a beginner, but becoming a false beginner or more (I hope) if I`m constant in my efforts. Since I know Japanese, this is very helpful, and memorizing hanjas pronunciation makes me learn more vocab naturally just by adding 2-3 sounds together. Thanks a lot Japanese, you made the work easier :P

Concerning the attraction, um, I think that Asian countries are very attractive for us, the same as European countries are attractive for Asian people. But as Korea, and Korean is concerned, I had interest long time ago because of the weird (not negatively :o) alphabet. Japanese and the my 2 others language studies taking me all my time, I couldn`t afford to learn a new one. And then a Korean awoke my interest, and thanks to her, and other circumstancies, now I`m finally learning Korean ! Yeah !!!! And as Keith said Korean films are quite popular for those who know the quality of the scenario. I cannot forget Old Boy for that reason !

Bouks-> Yeah she`s a Marseillaise, a Korean Marseillaise :D A true 부산인 :)
아줌마? I prefer to say 누나, or even 누님, I like the sound
:D

Keith
Expert on Something

Postby Keith » June 18th, 2008 2:19 am

Vive le OM!

Is that for the Rugby team? I hear Toulouz (sp?) has a special chant for Rugby.

And yea you're right! If you know Japanese, you'll have an easier time learning Korean. And 한글 is so cool! 8)

thomasz
New in Town

Postby thomasz » June 19th, 2008 7:45 am

Hey, here that is not topic. We just say about Korean Class. I can't understand French.

Return to “Working & Studying in Korea (한국에서 일하거나 공부하기)”