Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Hola, Annyonghaseo, hi, hey, whaddup?

vangelicmonk
New in Town

Hola, Annyonghaseo, hi, hey, whaddup?

Postby vangelicmonk » December 30th, 2007 11:33 pm

I joined sometime back and I just paid for the basic subscription. I am taking a Korean class this coming semester and I plan on practicing with a Korean I met through Language express dot com. I am also part of a Korean Church.

I am learning because I want to do ministry in Korea and specifically (eventually) in North Korea. I work with a ministry now based in South Korea. I look forward to learning more. I have had a blast listening to the lessons on my mp3 player. They are very helpful and very well done. I appreciate all you do on here. Very original way of doing it.

-Ted.

vangelicmonk
New in Town

Postby vangelicmonk » December 30th, 2007 11:35 pm

opps that is my language exchange dot com. my mistake.

Get 40% OFF
holdfast
Expert on Something

Postby holdfast » December 31st, 2007 11:03 pm

Hello Ted.

My name is Emily. I also attend a Korean church - it has been most helpful in language learning! Just curious, what first made you want to learn Korean? What has been your experience with your Korean church? Where are you from?

I am in Nashville TN, USA. Not much as far as Korean stuff goes here, but Christianity is everywhere here. My pastor (of the church I currently work at, not the Korean church I attend) calls Nashville the Protestant Vatican.. haha!!! Funny, but true. 90% of the world's Christian materials (books, music, magazines, tv shows, etc) are either based out of Nashville or at least pass through here.

I honestly believe that the American church has a lot they could learn from the Korean church.. I want to go work with a Korean church/ministry so that I can learn from them and come back here to teach other people and help bring about change....

I am curious about your experience...

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » January 1st, 2008 10:39 pm

Hey it's good that you both are from the same religion, etc but this is a Korean forum so try just to keep your religious to yourselfs and don't try to convience people to change their religion with atalayas and stuff, I'm a catholic and I'm not changing mine or come here to promote my religion to everybody. :)

holdfast
Expert on Something

Postby holdfast » January 2nd, 2008 8:03 pm

I am sorry if my post offended you, that was not the intention. Vangelicmonk had shared his reason for learning the Korean language, and I was sharing one of mine.

My intention is not to make people believe the same way that I do, and I don't think I've given anyone reason to think that by what I have written.

If I am out of line, a Moderator can let me know and I will edit my post, but I don't think I've said anything wrong....

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » January 9th, 2008 3:34 am

holdfast wrote:I am sorry if my post offended you, that was not the intention. Vangelicmonk had shared his reason for learning the Korean language, and I was sharing one of mine.

My intention is not to make people believe the same way that I do, and I don't think I've given anyone reason to think that by what I have written.

If I am out of line, a Moderator can let me know and I will edit my post, but I don't think I've said anything wrong....

Holdfast! :wink:

Ok I got it! :)

Return to “Listener's Lounge (청취자들의 공간)”