Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

any one???? please...

ana0830
New in Town

any one???? please...

Postby ana0830 » June 16th, 2008 2:58 pm

any one?? please help me to understand and to speak Korean people/languages... I will be traveling in Korea or I will be living in Korea For a month after now.. I don't know any thing yet.... can somebody teach me??? email me at or i will be waiting for your response if anyone can teach me KOREAN LANGUAGE PLEASE.... :(

sierras3
Been Around a Bit

Postby sierras3 » June 17th, 2008 6:20 pm

You can get the Lonely Planet Korean Phrasebook. It worked for me... I learnt most of my Korean from that book ^_^

But of course, if you need something more in depth... you'll need a teacher, or a much more extensive textbook.

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
Keith
Expert on Something

Postby Keith » June 18th, 2008 2:25 am

Also, I'm not trying to self promote (Seriously!), but I think SurvivalPhrases are very good

http://survivalphrases.com/korean

I think it's a good product! I haven't tried them of course, but has anyone tried them out?

holdfast
Expert on Something

Postby holdfast » June 18th, 2008 3:16 am

yes, i listened to the survival phrases. actually, i found this website from the survival phrases website. i listened to the japanese and chinese survival phrases too. but, i'm sad that there used to be a bunch of episodes, and now there are only a few.

ana0830
New in Town

Thank You

Postby ana0830 » June 18th, 2008 4:18 pm

Thank you All for your help....

I hope this could help.. hehehe (LOLS)

but can you email me for more Korean Literature personally. i cannot afford to have a personal Teacher its too much expensive... (LOLS)

hope u understand.. HmmM :oops:

javiskefka
Expert on Something

Postby javiskefka » June 18th, 2008 6:36 pm

I don't mean to be harsh, but you've got to be willing to help yourself before others can help you.

There are a lot of resources out there for basic travel phrases or conversation. Have you checked out some of the threads in the resources and reviews section of this forum? Also, you'll probably best be able to retain what you're studying if you practice it, so be bold and ask the specific questions that you're having trouble remembering.

ana0830
New in Town

...??

Postby ana0830 » June 18th, 2008 7:24 pm

iTs ok...

I just need advises to know more about Korean Literature and Culture.. Because Im going To flight Soon .. i just know some Sentences that can help me to communicate with them.. i Hope they can understand .. me because im jus a beginner.. I hope you do so.. Thank you for your advises..

.. HmMmM i have Difficulties in remembering some treads ... because im not so good in remembering things.. Huhuhu :(

mariefrenette
Been Around a Bit

Postby mariefrenette » June 18th, 2008 9:31 pm

Why are you coming to Korea?

If it's just for a little while, I wouldn't get to stressed about it. As a traveler in Korea, you can get by using English quite well I'd say.

Definitely its a good idea to load your mp3 player up with some good files and just listen like crazy, whenever you are walking around town, before bed, when you wake up. The lovely thing about the internet is, you don't need anyone to help you. You can be a completely independent learner. That is particularly important with language learning. The people who achieve success are the ones who are independently motivated. There is a lot you can learn from a book and a CD, or from the internet.

ana0830
New in Town

Postby ana0830 » June 19th, 2008 5:46 am

My Sister will be opening a store in Korea. And She want me to be the One who will be Managing the Branch that she have Opened.. This September.. she will be back there in Korea and she wants me to go with her..

And Im too scared... that i dont know Anything about Korean People??
I have bought many C.d's to listen too.. but i also want to have a Korean Friend that can teach me ..... in their Cultures and Literature...

hUhuhU... Help me... hmmMm..

mariefrenette
Been Around a Bit

Postby mariefrenette » June 19th, 2008 5:59 am

You'll find lots of people to help you I'm sure.

Do you have experience in international travel?

Where are you from?

May I ask your age?

sierras3
Been Around a Bit

Postby sierras3 » June 19th, 2008 11:34 am

I think you should sign up for Korean lessons once you get there. That's the best way if you want to learn. Alternatively... buying some self-help books like the one I recommended will help for the really normal situations...

Most people pickup eventually when they get thrown into the pit of it all ^_^ I believe the reason my Korean doesn't progress fast enough is because of the environment I live in... I don't need Korean here... so I can only read some... but can hardly speak T_T When you're forced to learn, you will learn...

Like mariefrenette suggested... get a good book with an audio tape/CD... I got one and ripped the CD into MP3s and put it on my iPod... Try it!!! ^_^

ana0830
New in Town

Postby ana0830 » June 19th, 2008 4:41 pm

mariefrenette...---
No i havent experience travelling yet??... its my first time to travel internationally??...

im 17 years old.. and going 18 this august..

Im From Philippines..

ana0830
New in Town

Postby ana0830 » June 19th, 2008 4:45 pm

sierras3...

i have Downloaded many Korean tutorial MP3's and it help's a lot.. but i want to know more.. not only in there dialect.. i want to know more what attitude Koreans people have??? (LOLS)

manyakumi
Expert on Something

Postby manyakumi » June 19th, 2008 6:17 pm

If you want to make some native korean friends to whom you talk with,
it will be more better way to visit some language exchange website such as italki.com

I think there are very little number of koreans here.
:wink:

ana0830
New in Town

Postby ana0830 » June 20th, 2008 6:36 am

... Ok i wil try to surf from italki website see you there..

:lol:

Return to “Practice your Korean (한국어 연습하기)”