Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

WordPower iPhone/iTouch app.

nuxxun
New in Town

WordPower iPhone/iTouch app.

Postby nuxxun » November 25th, 2008 1:44 am

I was really excited about this app, but very disappointed. not because of the app itself, but because the makers are trying to fill out the wordcount dishonestly.

i've come across WAY too many redundancies thus far and i've only used the app for a total of about ten minutes.

the reason this is so disappointing is because i am a premium member on this site, i paid ten dollars for the app on itunes.

wondering what other people's experiences have been with the app.

lukek
Been Around a Bit

Postby lukek » November 25th, 2008 4:48 am

Hmm I was gonna buy the app, but I might not now.

I bought the original KoreanClass101 app, but I found it quite poor. I hated all the scrolling up and down. Although the fact it played the words directly from the site was good, because you had a lot of words with the sound. Suffice to say, I don't really use it anymore, cos its too annoying to use.

Get 40% OFF
nuxxun
New in Town

Postby nuxxun » November 25th, 2008 7:50 am

well I should tell you that in terms of layout and usefulness as well as the tools it provides to study, it is far superior to the my words app they released first. Word power is far more useful. However, there are way too many doubles for it to be coincidence. It's just downright deceptive in my point of view.

I hope they adress this SOON in an update. I'd have given the app a five star rating if it hadn't been for that.

dtymazda
Been Around a Bit

Postby dtymazda » November 25th, 2008 7:37 pm

Yeah I'm not going to buy the new app until I hear a long term plan on how they will support it. The first app was a great idea, had a lot of promise, and they said they would make updates. Instead we get another app for another 10$ and our initial app is stuck in limbo.

PaulC

nuxxun
New in Town

Postby nuxxun » November 26th, 2008 2:44 am

yeah, the obvious customer pleaser would be to make a single koreanclass app, which would give people access to the website's learning material, and offer the function of the My Words and WordPower apps within that application.

this of course won't happen, especially given the record of the apps released thus far for the website, which after some use one can see they haven't had a whole lot of thought put into them. They are obvious money-grabs, considering both of the current applications could easily be merged.

anyone else used these applications? have a different opinion?

nuxxun
New in Town

Postby nuxxun » November 30th, 2008 2:00 pm

after having played with the app for a while longer, i have to say, its pretty brilliant (although i've got a few suggestions for what would be helpful improvements).

but i'm not retracting my earlier complaints, the number of times some of these words are repeated is absolutely ridiculous, they are blatant fillers. anyway, that's what updates are for right? let's hope anyway.

anyone who is hesitating to buy this app because of the near uselessness of the last app (my words--which sends you totally random words everyday, limits the number to ten, and actually doesn't allow you to test yourself with flashcards from your word bank) this application doesn't carry any of those problems.

i'd say i recommend everyone get the app, but i'll postpone that recommendation until i see the first update. if they continue to grow the word list and get rid of the doubles this app will be worth every penny.

Keith
Expert on Something

Postby Keith » December 1st, 2008 8:28 am

Hey nuxxun

Thanks for the feedback. The list is currently going under revision, and we should have an update to the product within a few weeks. And you'll receive the free update when it's available. I think it may even be smaller in size as well (not 100% sure on that one though). I'm sure you will be much happier with the update :)

Thanks again :)

Keith
Expert on Something

Postby Keith » December 1st, 2008 8:30 am

Also! We're looking into ways we can centralize our feedback for our iPhone products. Maybe a blog, or central place where we can let everyone know about the updates coming up. It's something we hope to do in the near future, as we're putting out quite a few iPhone/iTouch applications.

I think it would be a really great place to keep in touch with the community on these little updates :)

Return to “Korean Resources & Reviews (자료 및 리뷰)”