Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Need help in Translation!

Everything you need to know about the Korean Language and How to Learn Korean. Discuss, ask questions and get answers on the Korean Language and How to Learn Korean.
clara12sg_231132
New in Town

Need help in Translation!

Postby clara12sg_231132 » June 20th, 2016 11:41 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to write a letter to my Korean teacher who is leaving Singapore for her wedding. Can anyone help me to translate the sentences below please? Appreciate your help. Thank you thank you~~~

Letter to teacher

Dear Teacher,

Thank you for teaching us korean language for the past 1 year 9 months. We are sad when we know that you will not be teaching us but happy that you have found your Mr RIght! We wish you a blessful marriage. When you have time, do visit Singapore again and not forgetting us. Hope that we can also visit you in Korea too. :) Please keep in contact and hope to see you again. Cheers~

community.korean
Expert on Something

Re: Need help in Translation!

Postby community.korean » June 22nd, 2016 9:20 pm

Hi ,

Thank you for posting. Could you try putting the sentences together in Korean so that we can provide you with the grammatical correction? :)

Sincerely,
Lyn
Team KoreanClass101.com

Get your free gifts of the month
clara12sg_231132
New in Town

Postby clara12sg_231132 » June 24th, 2016 9:56 am

Hi Lyn,

Thanks for your reply. I am trying to draft it. Can you help to see if I have wrote this sentence correctly ?

"We are happy because teacher is getting marry."
우리는행복하기때문에선생님을결혼할거예요.

However when I did a Google search. It sounds like we are happy because we are marrying the teacher.

Kindly advise. Thanks you for your assistance.

Regards,
Clara

community.korean
Expert on Something

Postby community.korean » June 25th, 2016 11:01 pm

Hi Clara,

Thank you for posting! In Korean, usually the subject (speaker) is omitted, so if you wanted to say, 'We are happy that you(teacher) are getting married', it would be:

'선생님이 결혼하셔서 정말 기뻐요.'

Cheers,
Lyn
Team KoreanClass101.com

Return to “Learn All About Korean (한국어에 관한 모든 것)”