Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Survival phrase/conversation lessons at the bank please?

cenhardyao
New in Town

Survival phrase/conversation lessons at the bank please?

Postby cenhardyao » December 27th, 2010 12:45 pm

Hi, I'm working in a bank in Australia and has Korean customers coming to the bank. It would be great if you have a lesson in a bank situation for depositing or withdrawing money, checking balance of an account, paying credit cards, change money from notes to coins, exchanging money from Korean Won to other currencies or things like that. I'd love to learn this phrases and be able to communicate with them in Korean. Please let me know once you have this lessons. Thank you very much.

timandyou
Expert on Something

Hello cenhardyao,

Postby timandyou » December 28th, 2010 12:47 am

Thanks for your comment, cenhardyao.
Can I have your real name so that I can call you by your name instead of cenhardyao?

I think it's a BRILLIANT idea!
Those lessons will be very useful and authentic!
Thanks for the great idea from you!
When I make lesson(s), I will let you know...
My name is Tim from KC101.com.
cheers,
Tim 8)

Get 40% OFF
trutherous
Expert on Something

Postby trutherous » December 28th, 2010 8:09 am

Hello cenhardyao in the land down under!

Anyway here are a VERY few phrases to hold you off: http://www.lifeinkorea.com/language/kor ... ect=atbank

I agree "At The Bank" would be a good way to start. I have always believed a highly categorized approach to language is the best way for adult students, attempting to cover the most frequently encountered phrases and vocabulary related to that given category.

Ex:

Main category: At School

Sub categories:

Types of Schools -pre K, primary, middle, high, colleges, university, tech/trade -- public and private

content content content

Finding a School - for 'young children' 'yourself'

content content content

Enrollment Process - testing - applications - fees - signing up for classes

content content content

Campus Life/ Activities

content content content

cenhardyao
New in Town

Re: Hello cenhardyao,

Postby cenhardyao » December 28th, 2010 10:07 am

timandyou wrote:Thanks for your comment, cenhardyao.
Can I have your real name so that I can call you by your name instead of cenhardyao?

I think it's a BRILLIANT idea!
Those lessons will be very useful and authentic!
Thanks for the great idea from you!
When I make lesson(s), I will let you know...
My name is Tim from KC101.com.
cheers,
Tim 8)
:) :)

Hi, Tim... My real name is Yuliati but just call me Yuli. I understand that Yuli sounds like Korean name although actually it is not. :)

Thank very much for making the lessons as I'm absolutely beginner in Korean and just managed to read all the Korean letters (not the romanized one). So, it would be a great help to be able to just say the few survival phrase that is often used at the bank. I enclosed some of the sentences that I use it all the time, below. I hope it's useful when you are making the lessons. (^_^)

- Would you like to deposit your money?
- Which account would you like to deposit it to? Saving? Cheque account or Credit card account?
- Would you please press your PIN number on the keypad and please enter?
- How much you would like to withdraw?
- Which account would you like to withdraw it from?
- Would you please sign at the 'x' mark?
- Would you please show me your photo ID?
- Do you want to make a bank cheque? The fee is $...

Some other phrases for exchanging foreign currencies would be great.

Thank you very much for all your efforts. Looking forward to hear from you again about the lessons.
Best Regards,
Yuli

cenhardyao
New in Town

Postby cenhardyao » December 28th, 2010 10:24 am

trutherous wrote:Hello cenhardyao in the land down under!

Anyway here are a VERY few phrases to hold you off: http://www.lifeinkorea.com/language/kor ... ect=atbank

I agree "At The Bank" would be a good way to start. I have always believed a highly categorized approach to language is the best way for adult students, attempting to cover the most frequently encountered phrases and vocabulary related to that given category.

Ex:

Main category: At School

Sub categories:

Types of Schools -pre K, primary, middle, high, colleges, university, tech/trade -- public and private

content content content

Finding a School - for 'young children' 'yourself'

content content content

Enrollment Process - testing - applications - fees - signing up for classes

content content content

Campus Life/ Activities

content content content

Thank you very much for your link Trutherous. Some of the phrases 'at the bank' are very useful. (^_^) I'm so happy that I can even learn the other phrases at other situations. Thank you! :D

I think the phrases 'at the bank' are from the customer point to ask bank employees, so it would be great is Tim from Koreanclass101.com could make some surviving phrases that can be used to ask customers from the bank employee's point of view. Thank you for your help. I'll use the phrases in the mean time. (^_^)v

Regards from Down under,
Yuli :)

Return to “Korean Lesson Suggestions (수업 내용 제안)”