Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Hangeul in Podcast Information Section?

jdiamond
New in Town

Hangeul in Podcast Information Section?

Postby jdiamond » October 7th, 2007 3:27 pm

I would like to say that I've really enjoyed the newbie lessons I've listened to so far. Very nicely done! :) But since I'm a visual learner, I prefer to follow the dialog in the podcast information section (I assume that's what you call the screen you access by pressing the center button twice on your iPod). So I was wondering why the the dialog is only presented in the Roman alphabet and not in hangeul. Personally, I find the transliteration a bit confusing at times and would prefer hangeul, but I realize that probably isn't the case for most newbies.

In any case, I would really appreciate a hangeul transcript in the podcast information section if that's possible.

Thanks! And keep up the good work!
-Jon

John
Expert on Something

Postby John » October 7th, 2007 8:40 pm

Jon, It's Hangul in the PDF.

Get 40% OFF
littlenemo
New in Town

Postby littlenemo » October 15th, 2007 5:49 am

Yes, the PDFs have Hangul, of course. But the iPod doesn't display PDFs, and it would be great to have the Hangul transcription available in the information section of every podcast.

quesi
New in Town

Postby quesi » November 10th, 2007 12:53 am

I agree. I often listen to the podcasts on the bus or at school during which time I don't have access to the PDFs. It really helps me to see the Hangul as I listen ^^

cmgrote
New in Town

Postby cmgrote » January 13th, 2009 12:38 am

I'd like to add my vote on this one as well. I'm only on a trial account at the moment, and were the transcripts in 한굴 I'd be completely sold and would have just purchased a Premium subscription. For me it's the same reasons:
a) a key draw is the sheer portability of the whole set of material (and PDFs aren't very iPod-able)
b) I've also managed to learn the script, and find this much easier to read phonetically than Romanization (which I can't follow at all, and don't really want to try to follow).
c) I'm also very much a visual learner: being able to read the transcript while I listen would make it concrete much more quickly for me.

Any update on this availability given that it's been in the "queue" for a bit more than a year now?

Cheers,
Chris

sakurakofahl
New in Town

Postby sakurakofahl » March 18th, 2009 11:24 pm

I agree and vote for this too! I've been learning Korean for only a couple of months, and I don't know all hangeul yet, but even for newbies and beginners just watching the words in hangeul as they are read and broken up is very helpful I think. And just like jdiamond said, the romanisation sometimes is confusing and at times misleading, although it of course can be helpful in the very beginning when one doesn't know hangeul at all. Whenever I start learning a new language with its own writing system I want to learn that as soon as possible, so hangeul transcriptions for iPod would be a very valuable feature.

turpie
Been Around a Bit

Postby turpie » May 26th, 2009 11:25 pm

Just in case new listeners come across this issue:
The current lessons do include hangul on the iPhone (not sure about other iPods). However if you are listening to early episodes they wont have been updated and will still have just the romanisation.

shanshanchua
Expert on Something

Postby shanshanchua » May 27th, 2009 6:53 am

I vote for this with both hands and feet.

I'm pretty certain that there's no Hangul in my iPod touch, just romanization, even for lessons that are pretty recent...

javiskefka
Expert on Something

Postby javiskefka » May 27th, 2009 7:57 am

I don't have an ipod anymore to confirm if the lyrics display properly, but I just did a quick survey of the last couple lessons that came out, and all except the audioblog had a transcript of the dialogue in Hangul, romanization and English included in the lyrics info of the files. Maybe it would be helpful to include a transcript of the audioblog with those in the lyrics section.

Chriss
Established Presence

Postby Chriss » May 27th, 2009 11:17 am

Well, the last couple of Beginner series have Hangeul in the iPod transcript.

SeeingLifeAnew
Been Around a Bit

Postby SeeingLifeAnew » May 25th, 2010 1:22 am

Is there any way to copy/paste the hangul version of the dialogs from the lesson notes into the lyrics section on the podcast? I tried, but just got a lot of little boxes instead of hangul. But maybe I'm just doing it wrong? I'm still on the early sections and there is only romanization for the lessons. It would be so helpful to be able to read the hangul as I listen to the lessons on my iphone.

timandyou
Expert on Something

Let our tech people know your problem.

Postby timandyou » May 25th, 2010 3:12 am

Our team, KoreanClass101.com, has a wonderful tech team.
Click Contact Us / email them directly.
Your concern will be solved shortly.

Thanks for listening to KoreanClass101.com.
cheers,

Return to “Learn Korean Feature Requests (서비스 요청)”