Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Taking the 수능

Jobs in Korea, schools in Korea, Korean visa questions, living in Korea, and more. If you're planning on studying or finding a job in Korea, get info here.
sweetkiwi
New in Town

Taking the 수능

Postby sweetkiwi » July 31st, 2008 2:14 pm

I don't know if anyone else is doing something like me.... It's very rare for a foreigner to take the 수능, right?

I'm actually Korean, but I grew up in the states for around 13 years. I'm going back to Korea soon because my parents want me to go to a university in Korea.

The English section is a piece of cake for me, and I took German in high school for 4 years so the other language part is no problem as well... I guess what I'm really worried about is the Korean language and the math section (and the other section as well, but I decided to just forget about that part)

I have some... very basic questions about the test.
1. You register for universities AFTER taking the test, right? I'm thinking you do, but just to make sure.
2. What should I get, to at least get into universities like Ewha uni, Kyunghee uni, etc. (basically, the top universities)?
3. What does this mean: 수능반영영역 중 2개 영역 이상이 1등급? This is a requirement for a major I'm trying to go for at a university, and I'm sure it has something to do with the test results...

Thank you very much in advance...
:cry: I feel so dumb asking such questions when the test is coming up in four months...

austinfd
Expert on Something

Postby austinfd » July 31st, 2008 4:52 pm

WOW...

화이팅!!!

I don't know any high school students, but just from what I can pick up from living here for 2 years....

I am pretty glad that the American SAT isn't anything like the 수능..... and that doing only slightly better than average on the SAT doesn't hurt your chances as badly as I think it does in Korea..

GOOD LUCK! There are tons and TONS of 수능 practice books and classes here. If you are coming back soon, it might be a good idea to pick up a practice book or take a prep class....

I'm making some videos!: http://www.youtube.com/user/austinfd
Get 30% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS

Return to “Working & Studying in Korea (한국에서 일하거나 공부하기)”