Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Taking the 수능

sweetkiwi
New in Town

Taking the 수능

Postby sweetkiwi » July 31st, 2008 5:14 am

I don't know if anyone else is doing something like me.... It's very rare for a foreigner to take the 수능, right?

I'm actually Korean, but I grew up in the states for around 13 years. I'm going back to Korea soon because my parents want me to go to a university in Korea.

The English section is a piece of cake for me, and I took German in high school for 4 years so the other language part is no problem as well... I guess what I'm really worried about is the Korean language and the math section (and the other section as well, but I decided to just forget about that part)

I have some... very basic questions about the test.
1. You register for universities AFTER taking the test, right? I'm thinking you do, but just to make sure.
2. What should I get, to at least get into universities like Ewha uni, Kyunghee uni, etc. (basically, the top universities)?
3. What does this mean: 수능반영영역 중 2개 영역 이상이 1등급? This is a requirement for a major I'm trying to go for at a university, and I'm sure it has something to do with the test results...

Thank you very much in advance...
:cry: I feel so dumb asking such questions when the test is coming up in four months...

austinfd
Expert on Something

Postby austinfd » July 31st, 2008 7:52 am

WOW...

화이팅!!!

I don't know any high school students, but just from what I can pick up from living here for 2 years....

I am pretty glad that the American SAT isn't anything like the 수능..... and that doing only slightly better than average on the SAT doesn't hurt your chances as badly as I think it does in Korea..

GOOD LUCK! There are tons and TONS of 수능 practice books and classes here. If you are coming back soon, it might be a good idea to pick up a practice book or take a prep class....

I'm making some videos!: http://www.youtube.com/user/austinfd
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Working & Studying in Korea (한국에서 일하거나 공부하기)”