a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Visiting Korea next year (Spring)

viruletdew
New in Town

Visiting Korea next year (Spring)

Postby viruletdew » August 26th, 2009 8:07 pm

Hi,

I have been lurking around this forum (as well as making a poor attempt to learn Korean), for a few months now.

My brother, husband and I are planning a trip to Korea next May, for a month. My brother and I are both Korean adoptees (in the US). We have never been back to Korea. It has been 27 years for me, and almost 30 for him. It is a pretty significant event for us.

I am going to post the first of many posts to come.

Since we are staying for a month, we would prefer not to go the hotel route. We aren't students, so our income isn't quite so limited, but the long stay makes expense more of a concern. Besides, we would like to have a "home base" to keep our belongings and such. Overnight stays in other cities can be done on an as needed basis. Are there ways to rent an apartment for a month maximum? Most resources require hefty $ down and more than a month stay.

Also, we are flying out of the US. How far in advance do you recommend we buy our air travel? What is a reasonable rate for mid-May (return mid-June)?

Thanks for you help!
Jessica

lukek
Been Around a Bit

Postby lukek » September 22nd, 2009 2:23 pm

I recommend trying to get in touch with your adoption agency.

My wife used to be a post-adoption social worker at Eastern, and they have guest housing there for very cheap. I imagine the other ones do too.

Living there allows you to meet other adoptees, the agency staff and lots of koreans.

Get 40% OFF
Alexis
Expert on Something

Postby Alexis » October 7th, 2009 12:46 am

Lukek: Do you have any links you can give for Eastern's guesthouse? I'm an adoptee, also, and I'm planning on going to Korea next year (August). I'd love to stay in their guesthouse with other adoptees and such. Do you know whether spouses are allowed to stay, too? My husband will be coming with me.

Viruletdew: I haven't been back since being adopted, either. I hope your first trip back goes well. ^_^
안녕하세요! 윤선입니다!
http://seumnida.annyeong.net/ <-- Korean learning blog!

Return to “Visiting Korea (한국 방문하기)”