a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Food I had on 추석 :D

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Food I had on 추석 :D

Postby hyunwoo » September 25th, 2007 2:04 pm

Hi guys,

today was the happy 추석 day ^_^ and tomorrow is the end of the official holidays :D

A lot of people are going back to Seoul or to whatever cities they came to their hometowns from, and it's going to be a war of going back home!! (crowded highways will make the trips much longer than usual)

Here you go :

these are the dishes I had today ^_^

some of them are just basic ordinary Korean food, but I hope this will be of some interest to all of you :D

There are more dishes that I didn't take photos of and I left out all the fruits as well. :D

Wow.

I suddenly feel very thankful to my mother again!

엄마, 맛있게 먹었습니다. :D

seoulsista
New in Town

Postby seoulsista » November 1st, 2007 2:57 am

hey what's the difference between ripe kimchi / sour kimchi and regular kimchi?

Which one tastes better? :D :D

Get 40% OFF
joesp
Been Around a Bit

Postby joesp » December 2nd, 2007 2:49 pm

seousista, you also registered on my site, i tracked you down, i see, traitor.

sour kimchi is older kimchi.

you can actually after you do the 김치 making, eat it like 24 hours later. Then it's fresh and red. It gets more sour as it gets older. It's now December, there's lots of fresh kimchi.

I really should know more than that, but I dont (yet).

-- joseph.

BTW that is a really bad 송편 picture. Usually it's showed on pine leaves. Here, it looks like what's left after an animal eats. It's really rice flavored and sticky, like 떡 but somehow, it's different, as it has 게 sesame seeds in it and another flavor, as well (forget which one).

rooraa
Expert on Something

Postby rooraa » February 2nd, 2008 2:33 am

I was so surprised that I actually recognized some of the dishes! Like the seasoned vegetables. Just last night my mom, sis and I just finished off all of the chestnuts, good stuff! :lol:

Oh, there's a vietnamese dish that looks like the 갈비!

lishuys
New in Town

Postby lishuys » July 31st, 2008 10:08 pm

What is songpyeon? I seen most of everything else but songpyeon has me stumped.

javiskefka
Expert on Something

Postby javiskefka » August 2nd, 2008 11:25 am

It's a rice cake colored with seaweed (김) and filled with honey and sesame seeds.

manyakumi
Expert on Something

Postby manyakumi » August 2nd, 2008 12:40 pm

javiskefka wrote:It's a rice cake colored with seaweed (김) and filled with honey and sesame seeds.

I don't think it's colored with seaweed (김)
It's probably mugwort (쑥)

:lol:

javiskefka
Expert on Something

Postby javiskefka » August 2nd, 2008 9:30 pm

manyakumi wrote:
javiskefka wrote:It's a rice cake colored with seaweed (김) and filled with honey and sesame seeds.

I don't think it's colored with seaweed (김)
It's probably mugwort (쑥)

:lol:

lishuys
New in Town

Postby lishuys » August 16th, 2008 7:24 pm

thanx! it looked like lumps of coal to me and then i thought maybe it was seafood inside the shell but i couldn't see an opening. So it's a sweet. Right?

Last nite we went to my favourite korean bbq place and we ordered the beef and pork spare ribs. Yumm! love the lettuce wrap idea altho i tend to eat mine in 2 lots. I can't quite put the whole thing in my mouth at the one time. We thought that we had to wait to go to Korea for the lettuce experience so we were wrapped:) lol to get it locally. It was a real family restaurant with crying children all over the place. Luved it!:lol:

Korean bbq restaurants are popping up all over the place here in Auckland and my friend and I are trying to find them so we can try them all out lol. We figured we really have to tag along with korean friends to find the good places. :lol:

Martanor
New in Town

Postby Martanor » August 16th, 2008 9:46 pm

That food looks sooo tasty. The only korean food I've eaten is bulgogi and kimchi :)

lemony
New in Town

Salad leaves???

Postby lemony » August 17th, 2008 10:35 am

Hi
On the subject of food - does anyone know what the leaves are called that are used for wrapping food?
We went to korea a month ago and had some fantastic food ( we were too busy eating to take pics :D ) all I know is that one of the leaves was sesame leaf, which i have found out is actually Pirilla leaf(or something like not sure of spelling) but the tastiest ones looked like green Japanese maple leaves, they were small and made up of a few leaves per stem if anyone can send me some pics of leaves used in Korean salads i would be most grateful! (apart from lettuces - know what they look like :wink: )

manyakumi
Expert on Something

Re: Salad leaves???

Postby manyakumi » August 18th, 2008 5:29 am

lemony wrote: but the tastiest ones looked like green Japanese maple leaves, they were small and made up of a few leaves per stem if anyone can send me some pics of leaves used in Korean salads i would be most grateful!

Did you mean this?

It's called 신선초 though, let me know if I was wrong.

:)

lemony
New in Town

Re: Salad leaves???

Postby lemony » August 18th, 2008 11:15 am

Did you mean this?

It's called 신선초 though, let me know if I was wrong.

:)[/quote]

WOW! :D
Yes! Those are the ones - thank you so much!
I can now start the task of trying to find some!

Return to “Food & Entertainment (음식과 엔터테인먼트)”