Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

TOPIK

Everything you need to know about the Korean Language and How to Learn Korean. Discuss, ask questions and get answers on the Korean Language and How to Learn Korean.
kyuree
Expert on Something

TOPIK

Postby kyuree » March 17th, 2009 7:12 pm

Hey, can someone explain the TOPIK to me? My teacher signed me up for it but I don't know the exact date (sometime in April.............) nor what to expect.
Do I have to choose the level beforehand or can I just answer as many questions as I manage to (like in TOEFL)?
It seems that one has to at least choose beginner/intermediate/advanced/business.
I saw that beginner, level 2 includes things like getting along in a bank (I wouldn't know :( ). And I can't figure out the website. Only the main info seems to be available in other languages than Korean.

Where can I download old tests?
I have a copy of a level 2 test at home but it'd be better to have more of course.
Meh, I'm scared, I think I won't do very well w/ so little time to prepare myself for it and then I have to pay it, too *lol* what a waste............
unfortunately having half a set of Korean genes doesn't come w/ a language gene

matthew254
Expert on Something

Postby matthew254 » March 19th, 2009 5:18 am

this post deals with the TOPIK: http://www.koreanclass101.com/forum/vie ... ight=topik

also, here's a link that might help you: http://sites.google.com/site/matthewplu ... -questions

hope this helps!

Get 31% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS
John
Expert on Something

Postby John » March 19th, 2009 10:33 pm

Wow Matthew you've really put alot into that site of yours, very useful thanks for sharing.

matthew254
Expert on Something

Postby matthew254 » March 20th, 2009 1:38 am

np John!

kyuree
Expert on Something

Postby kyuree » March 24th, 2009 6:12 pm

So mainly I gotta learn the vocab and know how to write an essay?
How else can I prepare myself?

I wish I was more focused on this but there are so many things going on in my life atm. *lol*, sigh, hopefully I'll get round to practicing wholeheartedly :(

the-resa-
Been Around a Bit

Postby the-resa- » March 24th, 2009 11:54 pm

i heard that topik is more academic and klpt is more for career .. or is it the other way round? i took klpt cuz that's the only one available at the place i learnt korean. now my klpt has expired and it's time for round 2. i haven't signed up yet though.

kyuree
Expert on Something

Postby kyuree » March 25th, 2009 5:52 pm

I copied all the vocab from that googlesites site to study cards and I found that I already know more than 2/3 of them. So that should be manageable :)

BTW there are two or three small errors in the vocab list I think.

edit: I feel level 2 isn't really challenging whereas level 3 is too difficult already :(.

Return to “Learn All About Korean (한국어에 관한 모든 것)”