Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

where and when do you speak korean in your countries?

ajarnsong
New in Town

where and when do you speak korean in your countries?

Postby ajarnsong » December 5th, 2009 8:24 am

Hi everyone! :D
I have a question, where are you now? In korea or in your own country?
If you don't live in korea now, i really want to know where and when do you usually
use Korean language, and with whom do you spaek korean in your country?
I mean some natural and actual situations (not for practice) of course.

Are there many situtations that you can and have to use korean in your daily life in your country?

Maybe you have korean heritage or some korean friends...etc.
Please let me know your answers. :wink:

Alexis
Expert on Something

Postby Alexis » December 8th, 2009 6:12 am

I live in Australia, but Korea is my heritage.

I use it with Korean friends and when I go to Korean school. And then there are sporadic moments in between. :D
안녕하세요! 윤선입니다!
http://seumnida.annyeong.net/ <-- Korean learning blog!

Get 40% OFF
Deja1
New in Town

Postby Deja1 » December 8th, 2009 3:53 pm

ohh well im venezuelan, and untill now i havent found any academy -.-
besides i cant find any korean here for me is hard to study by my own but im trying ...last year i studied korean for about 1 month i learnt how to write it and speak , i learnt some vocabulary and i can have simple conversation. .. so last week i decided to study again really hard .. i use intepals.net to find korean friends for some help =)

xaghce
New in Town

Korean everywhere

Postby xaghce » December 10th, 2009 2:16 am

I live in Japan and am dating a Korean guy.
He speaks Japanese really well, so we always talk in Japanese, but we share an apartment w/ two other koreans who don't speak Japanese so well, so my apartment is like a little korea.

I usually use korean when I go out to eat or when I hang out w/ my korean friends.
I also have an exchange partner and we meet about once a week to practice conversation together.

If ur looking for a nice place to practice written korean, lang8.com is a cool site where ppl will correct your journal entries and u can correct theirs.
The more u practice writing a journal, the faster ur typing becomes too ^^

Oh, also, I like to play on hangame.com or pmang cause u can chat in korean while u play!

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » December 28th, 2009 9:07 pm

ajarnsong! :wink:

I live in NYC and my original country is Mexico! Here in NYC there is alot of Koreans everywhere including Chinese people too. There is a KoreanTown in 35 or 36th street not sure someone can clarify me and in Flushing Queens. I honestly don't have Korean friends only Hyunwoo Sun so I really don't practice much beside I'm learning Japanese and I have Japanese friends so I need to know their language in order to communicate.:lol:

Mexico City has alot of towns with Chinese, Koreans and now Japanese people living in there. I must say that I speak English, Spanish and little Japanese and little Korean too! I'm still at the beginner lessons in both languages but with my Rosetta Stone I made alot of progress. But I really don't recommend Rosetta Stone for Japanese because JP101 is the best website and way to learn Japanese today. Well thank you for your time and hope I was clear enough. :D

logoman
New in Town

Speaking Korean in Texas

Postby logoman » December 29th, 2009 6:06 am

Hello Everyone!
I have one acquaintance with whom I can exchange a few sentences each week, and I try to post on Lang-8 once in a while. KC101 has been the best. I would like to learn to use skype, but have not tried yet.
We have visited Korea three times for two weeks each over the past ten years. We have made friends there, and I would like to write to them in their language.
Backpacker

Return to “Listener's Lounge (청취자들의 공간)”