Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

SQL errors trying to download the PDF lesson notes help pls!

panloco
New in Town

Postby panloco » November 19th, 2009 4:22 am

I can download the audio podcasts, but when I try to download any lesson notes or lesson notes "lite" I get a web page with all sorts of SQL errors. This is a great service for learning Korean, but I can't take advantage of it. Very frustrating! Please help before my trial period runs out! Thanks!

mbutchins
New in Town

Postby mbutchins » November 19th, 2009 12:36 pm

I am having the same problem. I just signed up 15 minutes ago, though, so maybe you just have to wait awhile. It did say start learning Korean "right away", however.

Get 40% OFF
panloco
New in Town

Postby panloco » November 20th, 2009 10:20 pm

I didn't get a "start learning Korean right away"..... all I still get is an ugly mess of a web page of SQL errors. Because I'm not the only one getting these errors, it's probably some problem with your web pages. I'm running IE 6.x. Do I need IE 7?????

Please help!!!!

~panloco

reflectlight
New in Town

Postby reflectlight » November 21st, 2009 3:19 am

I'm having the same problem, and have tried in firefox & IE. :(

mbutchins
New in Town

Postby mbutchins » November 21st, 2009 2:56 pm

It looks like a lot of effort has been put into this site so I'm surprised there is no help yet. This isn't much of a trial, guys.

reflectlight
New in Town

Postby reflectlight » November 21st, 2009 3:01 pm

They're working for me now, as long as I right click on the link, save the pdf and then open it, instead of just clicking on the "lesson notes" link. :D

panloco
New in Town

right click gives me a link to the same page

Postby panloco » November 21st, 2009 4:09 pm

I don't know how you're getting a PDF download when you right click on the lesson notes...... I get an htm link to the same web page.

"reflectlight" Would you mind posting some of those PDFs for us? Is that possible on this board?

We'd be grateful!

Thanks!

~panloco

reflectlight
New in Town

Postby reflectlight » November 21st, 2009 9:04 pm

Hmm, what browser are you using? If you're using IE, right click and use "Save target as..."; if you're using Firefox, use "Save link as...". It should allow you to save the .pdf onto your computer and view it from there.

mbutchins
New in Town

Postby mbutchins » November 22nd, 2009 1:45 pm

Thanks a lot for the work around. I can get some but it doesn't download every time.

The notes are fantastic.

Thanks again.

panloco
New in Town

nope

Postby panloco » November 23rd, 2009 4:00 am

The browser doesn't matter when you're accessing a file directly that's embedded in the web page. When I click "Save Target As..." it only allows me to save the HTM page, not the PDF.

Which lessons were you able to download the PDF from?

~panloco

reflectlight
New in Town

Postby reflectlight » November 23rd, 2009 10:31 pm

But when you're saving a file that's linked to, the link should allow you to save the file itself, not just save the URL address to where it's been hosted. I've been able to save all the pdfs on this site like this. :/ Sorry I can't be of more help!

panloco
New in Town

fixed!!

Postby panloco » November 25th, 2009 8:43 pm

Whatever technical support did to my account evidently changed my access to the lesson notes. I'm no longer getting SQL errors trying to access them. Now I can download the PDFs.... so whatever you changed to try and help, thank you!!

~panloco

Return to “Technical Support (기술 지원)”