Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

My 6-year old learning Korean with KC101

shanshanchua
Expert on Something

My 6-year old learning Korean with KC101

Postby shanshanchua » July 7th, 2009 9:06 am

Here's a short clip of my 6-year old learning Korean with KC101 :) She loves the video vocab series and will ask me for my ipod so that she can watch those.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bzyp_Yxl98

Just wanted to post it here to thank the KC101 team for their good work on all the lessons here. Please continue to come up with great stuff! :)

감사합니다!

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » July 8th, 2009 1:29 am

우와!!! ^^ 정말 귀여워요!!!!

Get 40% OFF
Alexis
Expert on Something

Postby Alexis » July 8th, 2009 1:17 pm

That's so cute!! I reckon if I have kids I'd love to have them learn Korean ('specially since I'm Korean). I wonder if I'll still be on KC101 by then... :? :wink:
안녕하세요! 윤선입니다!
http://seumnida.annyeong.net/ <-- Korean learning blog!

erich
Established Presence

Postby erich » July 8th, 2009 4:01 pm

Really cute :)

Yesterday, while I was listening to "Beginner Lesson S5 #1", my twin daughters (almost 5 y old) came to me and explained me the whole story. They even knew the word for "glue" which I didn't. I'm so proud of them :)

shanshanchua
Expert on Something

Postby shanshanchua » July 9th, 2009 6:15 am

erich: wow! Are your daughters half-Korean?

Alexis: let's hope that when you have children, you'll be so good by then that you won't need KC101! :)

Alexis
Expert on Something

Postby Alexis » July 9th, 2009 9:08 am

shanshanchua wrote:Alexis: let's hope that when you have children, you'll be so good by then that you won't need KC101! :)

Yes, here's hoping!! =D That would be so great!
안녕하세요! 윤선입니다!
http://seumnida.annyeong.net/ <-- Korean learning blog!

erich
Established Presence

Postby erich » July 10th, 2009 4:53 am

shanshanchua wrote:erich: wow! Are your daughters half-Korean?

Yes, they're speaking Korean with 엄마 :)

shanshanchua
Expert on Something

Postby shanshanchua » July 10th, 2009 8:12 am

erich wrote:Yes, they're speaking Korean with 엄마 :)

Are they speaking ONLY Korean with their mum? I'm having a hard time teaching Chinese to my children (although we are chinese), cos English is actually our first language...

chala1
New in Town

Postby chala1 » July 10th, 2009 8:41 am

omg that is the cutest thing ever! <3 this shows that anyone of anyage can learn learn with kc101 =3

AliciaInTexas
New in Town

Postby AliciaInTexas » July 10th, 2009 11:11 pm

How cool! I just signed on and haven't ordered the cds or anything....I wanted to check it out and see if it's something we can work into our schedule first. But my 6 year old is Korean and we hope to take him to Korea in the next three years or so to visit the family that cared for him in Seoul. He knows a couple of things in Korean...but if this is something he could really learn WITH me, it would be awesome! It's possible to go to Korean school here but it's very expensive and our son is too shy to go without mom or dad. Has anyone else had luck with learning Korean with their children? I'd love to find a good program specifically for kids.

Thanks! 감사핲니다

erich
Established Presence

Postby erich » July 12th, 2009 5:57 am

shanshanchua wrote:
erich wrote:Yes, they're speaking Korean with 엄마 :)

Are they speaking ONLY Korean with their mum? I'm having a hard time teaching Chinese to my children (although we are chinese), cos English is actually our first language...

Yes, only Korean. It's important for them to have the one-person-one-language association. My wife is talking to them in Korean, together with my wife I'm talking German and English and I'm talking to my kids in a German dialect. This made them fluent in the German dialect and Korean, and they picked up some of the standard German and English.

erich
Established Presence

Postby erich » July 12th, 2009 6:03 am

AliciaInTexas wrote:(...) He knows a couple of things in Korean...but if this is something he could really learn WITH me, it would be awesome! (...) I'd love to find a good program specifically for kids.

Hey Alicia,

Welcome here :) You are definitely at the good place for learning Korean. Your son might also learn with kc101 but to be honest, I think he will learn much faster than you will and at some point, the "learning together" won't work any more. But let him explain to you what he knows, that's also a very good strategy. However don't forget to check the "dictionary meaning" of the word he teaches you, I've noticed that the children's definitions of some words are not always exact...

There's also a website made specially for kids, I haven't checked it in a while but you might have a look: www.teenkorean.net

Good luck!

Return to “Listener's Lounge (청취자들의 공간)”