a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Korean Music Shows, how to get in

jeroen888
Been Around a Bit

Korean Music Shows, how to get in

Postby jeroen888 » April 20th, 2009 12:04 pm

Hi everybody,

I'm going to Korea this summer and studying really hard using this website right now. I'd really like to get into some music shows to see popular artists, that's one of the main reasons I'm going to Korea.

Now what I found out so far is that in order to get into for examle Chocolate (김정은의 초콜릿) you can go to the website of the broadcasting company (SBS in this case, or KBS/MBC for other shows) and there you have to register. For example, if you go to the chocolate webpage:

http://wizard2.sbs.co.kr/resource/templ ... Id=1008327

and click on 방청 to the right there, which is subscribing for visiting the show, you have to log in. Now I tried to register using the 'foreigner living abroad' option three months ago (!) and still have not heard anything from SBS. Does anybody have an idea what I can do? I'd like it best to just call SBS so that I can get things done quickly, because I have only two months left. Does SBS (and KBS, MBC) have a phone number I can call where they speak English? I can explain what I want in Korean, no problem, but I'm really bad at interpreting Korean still, especially over the phone.

Summary:

I want to register on the webpages of SBS, MBC and KBS so that I can get into music shows. Can anybody help me, because just registering and waiting has taken long enough and doesn't work. Thanks,

Jeroen

kimchiandsoju
Established Presence

Postby kimchiandsoju » April 20th, 2009 10:51 pm

One of the main reasons that you are going to Korea is to get onto music shows?

That's so awesome I don't even know where to begin.

Good luck!

Get 40% OFF
jeroen888
Been Around a Bit

Postby jeroen888 » April 20th, 2009 11:48 pm

I think I found the phone number for SBS over here but I'm not sure and I'm a bit afraid to call to Korea as I'm not sure whether they will speak English or not and my Korean isn't good enough I think..:

http://global.sbs.co.kr/English/AboutSBSCo/contact.jsp (all the way at the bottom)

manyakumi
Expert on Something

Postby manyakumi » April 21st, 2009 6:09 am

What I saw on the webpage you gave was that not everyone can receive the ticket for the show. It seems like a lottery system.
And they present the winners on their webpage after each Wednesday for the show which held on the very week's Saturday. I mean it doesn't seem possible to get the ticket in advance for a few months.
This is what I saw from that page. (김정은의 초콜릿)

:?

jeroen888
Been Around a Bit

Postby jeroen888 » April 21st, 2009 8:34 am

Actually that might be better, because then I can still have a chance of getting in. It's too bad you can't just buy them but perhaps if you could they'd be sold out in seconds or something :P. Anyway.. I got an email back from KBS, their registration seems to be going to work out now. But SBS I'm afraid I'll have to call because I cannot find an email address anywhere..

Chris1
Established Presence

Postby Chris1 » April 21st, 2009 11:34 am

It's very unlikely they staff English speakers. I mean you could always call the number to see if it asks to press X number for English?

jeroen888
Been Around a Bit

Postby jeroen888 » April 24th, 2009 8:34 pm

You're right, I checked out the webpages for the KBS shows. I got my KBS account now so I should be able to order tickets for the KBS Shows (열린 음악회, 콘서트 7080, 뮤직뱅크, 유희열의 스케치북). Now I just gotta find the courage to call SBS and MBC. Although I didn't check out MBC yet, they might have an email address like KBS.

rooraa
Expert on Something

Postby rooraa » April 25th, 2009 8:12 pm

How much do the tickets cost for the KBS Shows?
What days and times do they film them?
I heard that you could just line up with fanclubs and get in for free maybe?
>.< I wish I could go too!

jeroen888
Been Around a Bit

Postby jeroen888 » April 26th, 2009 9:32 am

Hey rooraa. I don't think you have to pay for the tickets. It seems like you just enter some kind of lottery on the website of all those shows and if you get selected you can get in. I heard about that waiting in front of the studio stuff as well and I'm gonna try that, but I figured I'd have a better chance by also registering with the websites :). When are you going to Korea?

erich
Established Presence

Postby erich » April 26th, 2009 3:01 pm

Hey everybody,

My wife applied for GAG Concert at KBS last fall. When applying she had to give a reason why she wanted to attend. She also could pick a few favorite dates. She did all that when we still were abroad.

Sometime in Korea, she received an invitation card for the show by regular mail. She had to take it to the studio and this was the sesame she had to show for entering. As others said previously, there is no fee, it's a lottery.

Once you have the invitation card, it still doesn't mean you will be in the show though. On the invitation card, they mention a time from which you can collect the "number" which you will be in the line in the evening. Some people wait in that "pre-line" hours before that time. When the ticket booth opens, you will be served in the order of appearance... and you will get a number. Once you have this, feel free to have a walk in 여위도, eat something for dinner and whatever you fancy. Just make sure you will be back before the opening of the doors. You will have to stand in line according to the number. They (and the other people in the line) will check your number and tell you that you don't belong here if you try to cheat. When the door opens, they will let the people in, 50 numbers at a time (making around 100 persons since every number is an invitation for 2 persons). Once in the theater, _run_! in order to get the spot you like most, since the seat are not numbered or at least you don't have a "reserved" seat. While the first are running to get to their seats, a lot of people are still waiting outside. Among them, people who came too late to fetch their "number" and people without invitation who stand in the line "750+" (which means 1500 persons are going to enter before you...)

And beware, the last ones to enter cannot hope to get a seat. They will have to sit or to stand on the stairs...

Here's a small collage so that you can get an idea on how the experience might be...

rooraa
Expert on Something

Postby rooraa » April 26th, 2009 8:52 pm

와우.....

The whole process seems pretty intense :shock:

I haven't asked my parents yet but we're (my sister and I) hoping to do a homestay in Korea for a year after we graduate from high school. :wink:

hmmm...I wonder if it's possible to buy your way closer to the front of the line ㅋㅋ

Ah, I can't quite see what's on the sign: 번호 [ ]서대로 서주세요

jeroen888
Been Around a Bit

Postby jeroen888 » April 26th, 2009 8:58 pm

If you are going to Korea for a whole year you won't have any problem getting in I suppose. You can just apply to all shows every week, even if you get lucky once every 30 times you'll get to see enough shows (depending on which kind of music you like). Your host family will help you out with the websites and registration process I suppose, or you can just go to the KBS/SBS/MBC office in Seoul. If you and your sister both register you have double the chance of getting tickets :). I suppose there will be some kind of black market for these things as there is everywhere, you'll just have to find the Korean ebay or something. I don't know how much people will ask for it though, that probably depends on who's coming to perform that night.

erich
Established Presence

Postby erich » April 26th, 2009 9:13 pm

rooraa wrote:와우.....
Ah, I can't quite see what's on the sign: 번호 [ ]서대로 서주세요

The sigh says: 순서대로: in (ascending) order. So it basically means: please stay in the right line and within the line at the spot where your number belongs... (just paraphrasing... heh...)

Return to “Listener's Lounge (청취자들의 공간)”