Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

A music playing software that shows Korean lyrics

manyakumi
Expert on Something

Postby manyakumi » June 11th, 2008 2:48 pm

holdfast wrote:is there anything like this that would work on a mac?

i love love love my computer, but no korean software works on it ):

Emily,

You'd better give up.
Korean IT industry is a republic of Microsoft.
I'm using a mac either but not having any hopes.
Especially I really want to try using ichat but there's no partner in korea.

ㅡ,.ㅡ

sierras3
Been Around a Bit

Postby sierras3 » June 17th, 2008 5:48 pm

Everything is working fine for me... but I need the software to work with my 'Play/Pause' & 'Stop' & 'Next' buttons on my laptop. How do I configure that?

고마와요, 현우 오빠!!!

Get 40% OFF
hayam
New in Town

Postby hayam » July 2nd, 2008 8:06 pm

can you help me??
I don't know how to use it. it's alla in korean there is some chance to change the language because you know I am just a beginner.
hyunwoo
can you help me

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » July 7th, 2008 4:33 pm

sierras3 wrote:Everything is working fine for me... but I need the software to work with my 'Play/Pause' & 'Stop' & 'Next' buttons on my laptop. How do I configure that?

고마와요, 현우 오빠!!!

Sierra :)
Sorry for the late response ^_^ but I'm afraid I don't know how to configure that T.T either.. does anyone else know?

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » July 7th, 2008 4:35 pm

hayam wrote:can you help me??
I don't know how to use it. it's alla in korean there is some chance to change the language because you know I am just a beginner.
hyunwoo
can you help me

hayam, I'm afraid that the software is in Korean.
but could you try this link? : )

http://www.altools.com/Default.aspx

And choose "AL SONG" :)

I hope it has English menus!

Skyppr84
New in Town

Postby Skyppr84 » April 22nd, 2009 3:15 am

I downloaded it to see if I could figure it out, I'm stuck at

and I can't figure out where to go next XD

Being a newbie, this will probably get interesting. I'm just curious if it will work on Kelly Chen - 走在前面(no clue about anything chinese, I just like the song.)

I'm sure it will, and I have other Korean Music I was wanting the lyrics for. But Now I'm seriously stuck XD Just tell me how to get past this part and I will probably be fine.

Does it play songs from your current player (like mine is iTunes), or so I just load the song into it?

Skyppr84
New in Town

Postby Skyppr84 » April 22nd, 2009 3:28 am

Update, I got it working, though I still don't know what that first page is for. I'm not doing anything with it until I know what it is XD I really don't want to mess up this player.

But, if you run Vista 64bit, it does work. Because that's what I'm running.

And how accurate are the "translation" Lyrics on songs in English? One of the songs I played was Gives You Hell by All-American Rejects and it had translation lines, I think...

kyuree
Expert on Something

Re: A music playing software that shows Korean lyrics

Postby kyuree » April 22nd, 2009 2:23 pm

hyunwoo wrote:This is a Korean music playing software that automatically searches the lyrics of the song that you are playing right now, as long as you're connected to the Internet. This works with all languages as long as the title of the song is written correctly.

http://www.altools.co.kr/Download/ALSong.aspx

This is the link, and you have to click on the " 다운로드 " button to download it. (다운로드 = download ^_^)

But I don't know if it works with Windows in other languages,
could someone try downloading it and tell me if it works with English windows and etc?

You can also use thise one: (Minilyrics)

http://www.crintsoft.com/

as long as someone has already uploaded the lyrics in the .lrc format in Korean it works! Mostly though the Korean songs are in transcription or they don't have them. But very useful for English music etc.
It works w/ 19 players.

there are also floating lyrics (the lyrics scroll in real time in the .lrc format, if there's only the txt version they won't scroll automatically)
unfortunately having half a set of Korean genes doesn't come w/ a language gene

jeroen888
Been Around a Bit

Postby jeroen888 » April 24th, 2009 9:03 pm

Oh my god I've been looking for this forever. If it would have been a Winamp plugin it'd be totally perfect but well, I guess Winamp's out, ALSong is in. I actually downloaded another AL program a couple of weeks back for un'zip'ping an archive with a top 100 of popular Korean music I found somewhere. It seems it's like a company that makes all sorts of different tools? Very interesting.

javiskefka
Expert on Something

Postby javiskefka » April 25th, 2009 5:11 am

jeroen888 wrote:Oh my god I've been looking for this forever. If it would have been a Winamp plugin it'd be totally perfect but well, I guess Winamp's out, ALSong is in. I actually downloaded another AL program a couple of weeks back for un'zip'ping an archive with a top 100 of popular Korean music I found somewhere. It seems it's like a company that makes all sorts of different tools? Very interesting.

Yeah, they make "AL" kinds of tools :lol: . Another cool thing about ALSong is the directory of streaming music stations, and those will be compatible with the lyrics box too.

se80
Been Around a Bit

Postby se80 » April 25th, 2009 4:40 pm

Weird. My ALSong has English menus.

hyunwoo, thanks for it (it's a great tool to learn while listening to music) and I'm going to use it every now and then. It's a shame it doesn't work with last.fm or else it'd be my default player!

jeroen888
Been Around a Bit

Postby jeroen888 » April 26th, 2009 5:12 pm

se80 wrote:Weird. My ALSong has English menus.

hyunwoo, thanks for it (it's a great tool to learn while listening to music) and I'm going to use it every now and then. It's a shame it doesn't work with last.fm or else it'd be my default player!

That's probably because you downloaded the latest beta version. I got that one as well. The latest official release is only available in Korean and Japanese I think

se80
Been Around a Bit

Postby se80 » April 26th, 2009 5:28 pm

jeroen888, you're probably right! *facepalm*

kyuree
Expert on Something

Postby kyuree » April 29th, 2009 10:25 am

Minilyrics works seldomly with Korean I have to admit :( but if it works it looks like this:

floating lyrics

hope picasa won't screw up the hotlinking again...
unfortunately having half a set of Korean genes doesn't come w/ a language gene

masaevbekhan_227271
New in Town

Re: A music playing software that shows Korean lyrics

Postby masaevbekhan_227271 » November 13th, 2014 6:45 am

Karaoke is a form of interactive entertainment or video game in which amateur singers sing along with recorded music (a music video) using a microphone and public address system. The music is typically a well-known popular song minus the lead vocal. Lyrics are usually displayed on a video screen, along with a moving symbol, changing color, or music video images, to guide the singer. In some countries, a karaoke box is called a KTV. It is also a term used by recording engineers translated as "empty track" meaning there is no vocal track.

Return to “Music, Music, Music (음악)”