Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Installing Korean in your Windows XP

se80
Been Around a Bit

Postby se80 » April 16th, 2009 12:35 pm

matthew254 wrote:
Okay so my computer is from an OEM company (and online custom company that makes setups from scratch) and when I bought the setup, I had them install WinXP Pro. Pretty standard. What was different was that it was the OEM version of WinXP. All that means is that it is a cheaper version, but still full featured and works exactly like a retail version, just no shiny box, and NO backup DVD. only thing I got was a restore DVD in case I want to bring it all back to factory settings.

in my case, since i know a little bit about this kind of stuff, i went to a website that has like million .dll and .bin files. think of them as puzzle pieces for almost any program...and I just requested someone online that they post the list of "puzzle pieces" and I went to work downloading each and every one at a time. Took about 2 hours actually. not proud, but i have Korean IME on my legit copy of Windows!

anyways, this may or may not help, but for anyone else possibly needing this info, I hope it helps.

Matthew, I have the same exact problem. I tried looking for a legit downloadable file at the Microsoft site, but no luck. I was wondering where did you get all the files? Could you please PM? Also, I thought only the files in the I386 and I386/LANG folders were needed, am I wrong? FYI, I'm running Win XP Pro with Italian as default language.

Thanks in advance.

matthew254
Expert on Something

Postby matthew254 » April 16th, 2009 9:23 pm

I wish I could help but I have since moved on the Vista Ultimate as my old machine bit the dust. I think all that you need is the I386 folder and the 100s of dl files...*shudder* bad memories....

Get 40% OFF
se80
Been Around a Bit

Postby se80 » April 17th, 2009 11:42 am

ooooh that many? *shudders* I'll see if I can find a kind soul to zip them all up and send them to me. Thanks for the info, Matthew!

ukkki
New in Town

Postby ukkki » July 29th, 2009 3:58 pm

Oh thanks!!!
was useful!!
감사합니다!! (my first korean word typing)

inugami
New in Town

Screenshot that might help

Postby inugami » December 1st, 2009 9:39 pm

matthew254 wrote:here's a screenshot that has helped some others out that should be here.
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m166 ... hangul.jpg
anyone still having trouble installing Korean on Windows XP should check out the link above.
Mathew...thank-you for the screenshoit it finally made it "click" for me! 안 넝 하 게 세 요

dmclean6354604
Been Around a Bit

Postby dmclean6354604 » September 14th, 2011 5:42 am

Hello, I wish I had found this thread sooner. I was interested in learning how to input Korean in Linux and how to use the standard 2bul keyboard layout so I did a little research and posted my findings here:

http://japanlifeandreligion.com/2011/09/13/typing-korean-and-japanese-in-linux/

Getting setup in Linux isnt too hard but learning the 2bul keyboard set does take a little time because it doesn't use romanization. However 2bul is found almost everywhere including my Mac and my iPhone so learning it is time well-spent. Other keyboard sets might be easier but not very useful on other computers.

As for comments earlier, getting setup on Windows or Mac is pretty straightforward.

Return to “Technical Support (기술 지원)”