Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

A sad farewell.... for now...

crewpanda22
Been Around a Bit

A sad farewell.... for now...

Postby crewpanda22 » April 4th, 2009 7:07 pm

I know I have quite established a big presence on the site yet (I did finish the first beginner and newbie series) so this may be a weird post for some to read.

My original motivation for beginning to study Korean was because of my Korean boyfriend. Sadly, we have ended up breaking up/taking a break. Because of the language barrier that still exists between us I can't say I quite understand what's going on with us. But, I have decided that I can't quite bring myself to continue to study the language at this point. I think it would be too painful, since he was the reason I began studying.
I have come to enjoy and appreciate the language though, so I think after sometime I will return (maybe by the summer) and continue learning the language.

I just wanted to say thanks to the awesome team at KC101.com: Keith, Hyunwoo, Seol. I learned great deal from the lessons I studied and I really enjoyed it! You guys are really great teachers so thanks for making learning Korean fun and interesting! I will definitely be back on here; I enjoy it too much to stop for good. Thanks everyone! Keep doing an awesome job! :)

kimchiandsoju
Established Presence

Postby kimchiandsoju » April 8th, 2009 4:48 pm

I get the feeling that nobody has responded to this because of the obvious awdwardness that comes with talking about break-ups.

How do tell somebody "don't go!" while at the same time being sympathetic to their situation?

You do it with BALLS, thats how. You say "Screw that dude anyways, he sounds like a punk, but you should continue to learn Korean because its an Awesome language, and Korea is a great place, and if this ex-boyfriend was only 1 reason to learn Korean, I have 99 other reasons to learn Korean that are just as good, if not better."

But really though, if your heart is not in it, then your heart is not in it, and good luck to you in the future no matter what you decide to do.

Get 40% OFF
crewpanda22
Been Around a Bit

Postby crewpanda22 » April 10th, 2009 2:54 am

Haha. Yeah, I can of course understand the weirdness. I didn't intend for people to want to talk about the breakup situation. I just wanted to express how awesome I think the KC101 crew is at teaching Korean and wanted them all to know I think this is a great way to learn the language.

Thanks for having some balls, though, LOL. I totally understand what you mean and I'm glad you were willing to say it. (And you're probably right.) I will for sure be back after a little time.

kimchiandsoju
Established Presence

Postby kimchiandsoju » April 10th, 2009 3:03 am

I hope so :)

Return to “Listener's Lounge (청취자들의 공간)”