a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Cost of studying in Korea

Ziggy
New in Town

Cost of studying in Korea

Postby Ziggy » February 9th, 2009 7:59 pm

Hi

I'm a guy who speaks Korean. Recently I was thinking I might want to go to University in Korea some time. Has anyone done this? I mean, as a foreigner.

My worry is that the cost of studying in Korea will be unreasonable. When I was going to college here in Canada, a friend of mine was Chinese and said that her student fees were three or four times mine. Since having that conversation I have always been under the impression that studying abroad means paying more for one's education (beyond airfare, etc). Is this always the case?

I have also heard of programs that offer students a chance to pay part of their fees by teaching English at the school they are attending. Anyone know anything about that?

Thanks,

z.

cheetah8004705
New in Town

Re: Cost of studying in Korea

Postby cheetah8004705 » March 24th, 2014 2:18 pm

안녕 하세요 dear
As i heard that you want to study in korea
If correct listen
Taking apartment in korea will cost approxemaitly 700$US in month and eating will cost 50$ in month i see it cheap

What do you think

Get 40% OFF
nikkimerrill220_226763
New in Town

Re: Cost of studying in Korea

Postby nikkimerrill220_226763 » August 25th, 2014 10:20 am

Study Korean...A LOT. If possible make Korean friends. South Korea is awesome, I'm living in Seoul right now. I teach English and my Korean is pretty poor, but I'm working on it. You can get by in Korea without speaking Korean but it can be difficult, as far as attending high school without speaking Korean, I think that would be VERY difficult, especially if you want to make friends. Most of the kids in your school will study English, but very few of them will speak it well.

Return to “Working & Studying in Korea (한국에서 일하거나 공부하기)”