Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Seeking Roommate/룸메이트 찾습니다

matthew254
Expert on Something

Seeking Roommate/룸메이트 찾습니다

Postby matthew254 » January 28th, 2009 8:33 pm

So all pride goes out the window as I post this hoping it will help someone else :)

When I was looking for a new place, I knew I wanted a Korean roommate so I had a friend help me write this up. I posted it up at three places 1) a local Korean restaurant near campus, 2) the office for the intensive English language program on campus, and 3) the help wanted board near the campus P.O. Box (which most of the Korean exchange students use)

Within 16 hours of posting these three pieces of paper, I had met my two new roommates and also met two other people just looking to hang out. Score!

So, maybe I'm a success story or maybe I just got lucky but either way I wanted to post this here for anyone else in the future looking to do the same. Hopefully this post will give you a starting place.

transcription:
롬메이트 찾습니다. (한국인 남자)
저는 25살 미국인 남자 입니다. 6개월 동안 같이 살 "한국인" 룸메이트를 찾슴니다. 저는 영어 교육 전공을 전공하고 있는데 한국을 좋아해서 올해 요름에 한국에 가서 살 계획 입니다. 그래서 그때까지 같이 살 롬메이트를 찾습니다. 어려워 하지 말고 전화하세요. 제 이름은 매튜입니다. 한국말도 꽤 합니다.

P.S. I know that my handwriting looks like a three-year-olds. Why else do you think I want to teach kindergarteners? We're on the same level... :oops:

kyuree
Expert on Something

Re: Seeking Roommate/룸메이트 찾습니다

Postby kyuree » January 28th, 2009 10:07 pm

matthew254 wrote:P.S. I know that my handwriting looks like a three-year-olds. Why else do you think I want to teach kindergarteners? We're on the same level... :oops:

haha, yes, it's kind of cute, but it's not so bad (and I've seen worse, no worries).

cool you found a Korean roommate!!
When are you moving in together? :)

BTW I think we should start a thread where ppl can post their Korean handwriting!!?
unfortunately having half a set of Korean genes doesn't come w/ a language gene

Get 40% OFF
matthew254
Expert on Something

Postby matthew254 » January 28th, 2009 11:19 pm

kyuree wrote:cool you found a Korean roommate!!

Oh this was last month - I'm all settled in now. They're awesome - we speak mostly in English but spend a fair amount of time everyday talking in Korean.
kyuree wrote:BTW I think we should start a thread where ppl can post their Korean handwriting!!?

I think this is as close to a forum post as possible: http://www.koreanclass101.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=624 and of course the two awesome videos by our very own 현우:
http://blogs.koreanclass101.com/blog/20 ... ndwriting/
http://blogs.koreanclass101.com/blog/20 ... ng-part-2/

javiskefka
Expert on Something

Postby javiskefka » January 28th, 2009 11:36 pm

That's awesome, Matthew.

kyuree
Expert on Something

Postby kyuree » January 29th, 2009 10:32 am

matthew254 wrote:
kyuree wrote:cool you found a Korean roommate!!

Oh this was last month - I'm all settled in now. They're awesome - we speak mostly in English but spend a fair amount of time everyday talking in Korean.
kyuree wrote:BTW I think we should start a thread where ppl can post their Korean handwriting!!?

I think this is as close to a forum post as possible: http://www.koreanclass101.com/forum/vie ... php?t=624/

oh cool. of course whenever I have a good idea on here, someone else already had it ... :(
unfortunately having half a set of Korean genes doesn't come w/ a language gene

yhenry
Expert on Something

Postby yhenry » January 29th, 2009 2:49 pm

matthew254 wrote:롬메이트 구함. (한국인, 남자 대학생)
25살 미국인 남자가 6개월 동안 같이 살 "한국인" 룸메이트를 구함
영어 교육 전공 미국인으로 한국을 좋아해서 올 여름에 한국에 가서 살 계획 중.
6개월 동안 같이 살 롬메이트 요함 .
어려워 하지 말고 전화주길 요망함
제 이름은 매튜, 한국말도 잘 함.

I took the personality out of your ad and made it a dry, classified ad type sample.

I am sure that kind of expressions you would see in the classified section in any Korean newspaper.

Just for the heck of learning...
I am a forever ESL student.

Return to “Practice your Korean (한국어 연습하기)”