Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Korean Pop!

holdfast
Expert on Something

Postby holdfast » May 11th, 2008 3:34 am

i wouldn't go quite as far as comparing dbsk with nsync (because dbsk is actually good) but i get where you are going with that.

and you are right about suju not having an equivalent - think about this: they have only ever held 3 full concerts, and that was all only a few months ago. any band in america (and not just pop bands, heck not even just famous bands) would try to do as many concerts as possible and tour as much as possible (i have NEVER met a band whose focus was not touring and making albums, and i have worked at numerous concert venues/toured myself/lived with bands, etc).

they are not a band just for music's sake, they are a whole entertainment package. mini concerts, live (sometimes) performances, radio shows, variety shows, mc-ing, some legitimately good singing, songwriting, a full length movie, dramas, charity events (how about the marathon they just did yesterday? did anyone see that?), commercials, etc, etc, etc.... these boys have more schedule than they can just about manage. but that is what makes them special, and that is why i like them even if their music is not amazing (sorry if anyone thinks that it is, i am not trying to disrespect them in any way, just stating my opinion).

and i just have to say this (someone said this is like AA right? haha..): the fact that they cry so often even on tv is just amazing to me. they are all such softies, i love it! that's another reason i love them so much. seriously, i could probably list 20 times i've seen eeteuk cry on tv - i'm not even sure if i've ever seen my best friend cry in real life! i'm not sure if that's a cultural thing, or if it is just them. either way, i think it's cute (: i feel much better now, after admitting that.

matthew254
Expert on Something

Postby matthew254 » May 12th, 2008 1:02 pm

holdfast wrote:i wouldn't go quite as far as comparing dbsk with nsync (because dbsk is actually good) but i get where you are going with that.

omg hilarious. i completely forgot to mention that!

Yeah you mention crying. i have to say that this clip (and the following clip) was the worst example of reality tv exploitation. horrific and low-blow but devilishly entertaining. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vbrFsNnE6s

Get 40% OFF
holdfast
Expert on Something

Postby holdfast » May 12th, 2008 4:49 pm

yes, that is the one i mentioned in my previous post (poor eunhyuk and ryeowook!!!!). it is so mean, but they don't even get mad at the end, they just cry more! but super junior is a rotational group (even though sm said that they aren't anymore, but now they are saying they never said that) so the possibility of them breaking up is probably always in the back of their minds. i think that is what makes it so emotional..

but that is not the only case of crying. i could probably list at least 20. (:

rooraa
Expert on Something

Postby rooraa » May 23rd, 2008 11:45 pm

aww! I remember that! My mom (i make my mom watch LOTS of korean dramas, mv, variety shows with me, heehee) really liked Eunhyuk after that prank. he's so sensitive =]

rooraa
Expert on Something

Postby rooraa » May 23rd, 2008 11:48 pm

aww! I remember that! My mom (i make my mom watch LOTS of korean dramas, mv, variety shows with me, heehee) really liked Eunhyuk after that prank. he's so sensitive =]

sierras3
Been Around a Bit

Postby sierras3 » June 17th, 2008 6:03 pm

My favourites are...

Bands
TVXQ
Monday Kiz
Super Junior
Clazziquai
Loveholic
Shinhwa
Fly to the Sky
Buzz
Big Bang

Soloists
Tim
Jang Woo Hyuk
Lee Soo Young
An Jae Wook

Looks like this thread has become a SuJu thread... ^_^

jnhwang
New in Town

Postby jnhwang » July 10th, 2008 7:50 pm

:D omg! you have to check out So Nyuh Shi Dae! they are becoming my new fav! they totally squash the Wonder Girls with no effort...(no offence) :? Dong Bang Shin ki are amazing too.

rooraa
Expert on Something

Postby rooraa » July 12th, 2008 1:18 am

Oh my, if I started to list the all groups I liked, it would be much too long :lol: but i have to say all of them would be 남자 except for 윤하 ^^.

여자가수 안 좋아요 -_-
and wondergirls is at the bottom for me... I don't know, it's just something about them that irks me >_>

Kissing You by SNSD is really catchy though!

Chriss
Established Presence

Postby Chriss » August 17th, 2008 7:55 pm

holdfast wrote:i wouldn't go quite as far as comparing dbsk with nsync (because dbsk is actually good) but i get where you are going with that.

Actually I think NSYNC are very good. I've not heard uch of DBSK live, but from what I've heard, I'd say that NSYNC and DBSK are on about the same level.

I do love SuJu, though, but not for their music (though it is nice enough.)

SHINeeSaranghae
New in Town

Kpop

Postby SHINeeSaranghae » December 17th, 2008 10:19 pm

Super Junior is my favoritband, i like that they don't just do music but also dramas, movies and other fun stuff to watch and listen to. I like the sub-groups very much to but 13 is still the best. I would be very sad if SuJu brooke up ='(

An other band i rlly likes very much to is SHINee, they are so cute and have rlly great voices =D even though they debuted for a bit more than a half year ago, they are just like Super Junior very professional with there work.

there is much more korean music i like

DBSK
F.T. Island
XING
Lee Jae Won
SS501
SNSD
H.O.T
Shinhwa
Kim Jeong Hoon
Kim Jong Wook
Lee Seung Gi
K-Population
Mario
Lee Seung Chul
Paran
Se7en
Taebin
1TYM
Big Bang
Supernova
Smash

hehe many artists/bands :D :shock:

rooraa
Expert on Something

Postby rooraa » December 23rd, 2008 8:37 pm

I like almost all the same artists as you SHINeeSaranghae 씨!

I also like SG Wannabe, Battle, Wheesung, Shinhwa, Namolla Family, MC Mong, Cool, Sunny Hill, DNT, Monday Kiz, iM, Son Ho Young, Taesabiae, Nell, 8eight, Younha, Epik High, Clazziquai, Fly to the Sky, Kangta, Boa, and some others =]

종현 is my favorite from Shinee ^^

holdfast
Expert on Something

Postby holdfast » December 23rd, 2008 10:16 pm

did anyone else watch 열혈남아 - the show where they decided who would be in 2am/2pm? it was so sad!!!!!!! i was hoping 리스치 would have made it ):

more recently, i can't stop listening to big bang and also dbsk's mirotic.

rooraa
Expert on Something

Postby rooraa » December 24th, 2008 6:19 pm

I watched 열혈남아 too! But only the first three episodes because those are the only ones that have been subbed so far..... =[

I think i heard rumors about 리쉬치 (or somebody chinese) making their korean debut soon :?:

shichae
New in Town

Postby shichae » December 30th, 2008 7:13 pm

길건 is the only korean pop i will lsten to..she is hot and her music isnt too bad either

SuJuRocks
New in Town

Postby SuJuRocks » January 20th, 2009 10:00 am

Zolarius wrote:Super Junior (슈퍼주니어) are apparently quite popular. Referred to as SuJu or SJ, they are a 13 member K-Pop boy band.

They have a hip-hop sound and are marketed to 13-year old girls.

Their Wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Junior

A music video for the band:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IeCn46qbYjE

I Love Super Junior :D

Return to “Music, Music, Music (음악)”