You bet I am =]
53%
No I'm not
47%

Total votes: 45

manyakumi
Expert on Something

Postby manyakumi » August 30th, 2008 9:25 am

austinfd wrote:Does Opera solve *most* of your troubles when using a mac? The trouble is.... I think it's usually the ActiveX things I want to use on a Korean website, but cant!

Yeah.. I got your point.

I was saying about seeing and leaving comments on cyworld mini homepages.
I usually use safari for my main browser and only use opera just for looking around cyworld homepages.
Of course I gave up the ActiveX things long time ago. :cry:

sierras3
Been Around a Bit

Postby sierras3 » September 2nd, 2008 1:02 am

Ahhh... this has gotten me interested :P I shall apply for one ASAP :D My office blocks Cyworld though :( Can only muck around with it at home :lol:

Get 40% OFF
rooraa
Expert on Something

Postby rooraa » September 2nd, 2008 4:56 am

ognistik wrote:hey roora, you don't really need your drivers licence. You only need any ID that has your photo and your name. I sent a scan of my passport, but I've some friends that have sent their student ID and they accept it. There's actually a lot of tutorials for english speakers that want to use korean cyworld, maybe you can just google it.

I have a cyworld myself even without understanding how I did it... lol... just following tutorials. It's quite useful to keep in touch with Korean friends

*mouth drops open* !!!!!!!!!!!! 진짜???!! Then I am going to try to sign up again! :D :D :D

ㅎI never even thought about looking up tutorials, good call =]

EDIT: 왜요?? 왜요?? I tried a billion times to sign up but I keep getting the "Data error! Please, type the correct information" I don't understand what I am doing wrong.... :cry:
For the contact section they have an example "ex : 82-2-XXX-XXXX" Am I supposed to put in 82-2 in the first 2 boxes? Or the country code and area code of where I live?

theresa
New in Town

Postby theresa » September 6th, 2008 3:57 pm

yes, i think you have to put in the country code you're in. that's what i did for mine anyways and it worked. haha.

javiskefka
Expert on Something

Postby javiskefka » September 7th, 2008 3:37 am

The country code for the US is 1.

frankmx
New in Town

i cant join 'cuase the foreing code key

Postby frankmx » October 4th, 2008 10:26 pm

cyworld is not the only case; nate on, daum, or another korean website, for me at least. i have had problems for join in or have a new account T0T.

i had been asking by one friend & he told me in case of mexican people want a account

we must live in korea like a resident foreingner or be a korean guy....

i think that it would be cool having a korean account for join in cyworld...

but nowadays for me is very hardest!!!

i dunno how T0T....

erich
Established Presence

Postby erich » October 5th, 2008 6:14 am

Hi folks,

Cyworld is not for me because I am a Linux user using Firefox. There's a very interesting post for those computer-interested people about the web in South Korea here:
http://www.technokimchi.com/entry/Im-so ... k-in-Korea

matthew254
Expert on Something

Postby matthew254 » October 5th, 2008 7:08 am

I thought that article was interesting too. So much so that i researched some more and used it for the basis of an upcoming blog entry :)

javiskefka
Expert on Something

Postby javiskefka » October 5th, 2008 12:51 pm

matthew254 wrote:I thought that article was interesting too. So much so that i researched some more and used it for the basis of an upcoming blog entry :)

Definitely check out this article. For me, its the definitive piece on the IE and MS Windows lock in issue.

matthew254
Expert on Something

Postby matthew254 » October 25th, 2008 11:31 pm

http://www.jayfraser.com/cyworld/login.htm
and
http://shinhwa.biz/forums/showthread.php?t=2579
are two great starting points for anyone looking to startup their own cyworld page. Here's my quickie prep list.

* be prepared to wait and email them constantly - mine took over 45 days to process
* send them anything they want but do so at your own risk - i scanned and emailed my passport and driver's license several times
* when you get your password - do not forget it - it is a pain to get a new one
* use Internet Explorer only to view/edit your cyworld
* get ready to low tech it - cyworld.com is still web 1.0
* get your dictionary out because it's all in korean
* do not sign up for the US version of cyworld - you can't communicate with your friends with the KOR version

joy!

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » May 6th, 2009 7:33 pm

manyakumi wrote:
austinfd wrote:Does Opera solve *most* of your troubles when using a mac? The trouble is.... I think it's usually the ActiveX things I want to use on a Korean website, but cant!

Yeah.. I got your point.

I was saying about seeing and leaving comments on cyworld mini homepages.
I usually use safari for my main browser and only use opera just for looking around cyworld homepages.
Of course I gave up the ActiveX things long time ago. :cry:

Manyakumi! :wink:

I'm still waiting for you to help me out to sign up on cyworld! :(
Please can someone help me out I really want to join cyworld Korea I try again but it won't let me register a korean pop up message appears and I don't understand what it says please help me! :(

manyakumi
Expert on Something

Postby manyakumi » May 7th, 2009 5:22 am

Ulver_684 wrote: Manyakumi! :wink:

I'm still waiting for you to help me out to sign up on cyworld! :(

I'm still waiting for you too. :wink:

dingguya
New in Town

Postby dingguya » May 23rd, 2009 12:31 am

Ulver_684 wrote:Please can someone help me out I really want to join cyworld Korea I try again but it won't let me register a korean pop up message appears and I don't understand what it says please help me! :(

I just followed this guide: http://dongbangjunior.forummotion.com/t ... -t2640.htm
Seemed to be working.

I'm waiting for them to approve my registration now :)

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » May 30th, 2009 10:07 pm

dingguya wrote:
Ulver_684 wrote:Please can someone help me out I really want to join cyworld Korea I try again but it won't let me register a korean pop up message appears and I don't understand what it says please help me! :(

I just followed this guide: http://dongbangjunior.forummotion.com/t ... -t2640.htm
Seemed to be working.

I'm waiting for them to approve my registration now :)

Dingguya/Manyakumi! :wink:

I'm finally at Cyworld Korea so here is mine http://www.Cyworld.com/Ulver_684 and here is my other one in UsCyworld just sign up too http://Us.Cyworld.com/Ulver_684
Everyone feel free to add me on both, thank you for the help!

Eton
New in Town

Postby Eton » June 25th, 2009 8:58 am

My Korean friend helped me get an account but I do not have any ID that also has a picture of me in it, so I have to wait till I can get my driver license latter this year as I turn 15 next friday =/
I love Korean Pop <3

Return to “General Culture (문화 일반)”