Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Out of it, like, totally.

Bouks
Expert on Something

Out of it, like, totally.

Postby Bouks » July 12th, 2008 6:38 pm

What a summer I'm having...both great and bad parts to it. I am posting a message just to let everyone know a few important things:

First, I was keeping up with this forum (and others) through Safari, which aggragates RSS feeds exactly how I wanted. But something made me go to Firefox a while back, and I regret it, because feed readers I was using weren't updating properly, and/or they were displaying things in a manner I couldn't decipher comfortably. So for weeks now, I've been missing tons and tons of your fine messages. I give up...going back to Safari. But now I have no clue what's going on with y'all. :(

Second, I'm still on vacation in France...which means my participation on anything Internet is inconsistent :wink:

Third, I had the flu up until some days ago...more inconsistent participation, in everything, and things to catch up on.

Fourth, I just recently made the decision to go to grad school - am I insane or what :shock: The last time I set foot in a university, it was when I got my BA...back in 1991! So I feel very intimidated and apprehensive, and I am looking for a nice, big, loud (and I mean LOUD!) cheering section, and lots of good advice and support. I am considering a couple of different programs, but am leaning towards an MTESOL - a Master's in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages.

Fifth, I intend to keep studying Korean here while I am running around Arizona State University like a clueless chicken with its head cut off, but I may have to ease up on the pace. So I might not learn as fast as I'd like, or participate quite as intensively. But I'm still here! If you don't hear from me every so often at least, give me a good hard elbow-jab.
On Skype, I'm nenuphar_ (just like that with the underline character ending)

I invite you to check out my new blog about linguistics, translation and culture:
www.shadesofmeaning.wordpress.com

John
Expert on Something

Postby John » July 14th, 2008 1:01 pm

wow hope you are feeling better now, I envy your decision to go back to school. You will do excellently I am sure. I know you will still be around here, you can't stray to far from us....lol :P

Get 40% OFF
shanshanchua
Expert on Something

Postby shanshanchua » July 14th, 2008 2:30 pm

Hi Bouks! Wow, sounds like there has been a lot / there's going to be a lot going on at your end!

I will miss your posts in almost every lesson! :D I know we are about the same level and so I enjoy reading your posts in Korean - partly to test my ability. You've been so cheerful on the board and encouraging as well!

Anyway, all the best in your grad school journey!

Bouks
Expert on Something

Postby Bouks » July 15th, 2008 10:34 am

Thanks 8)

John - you're right, I can't stray too far :wink:

Shan - I am not sure what my level of participation is going to be. I might be able to comment on most of the lessons - but just not study them! :lol: :roll

The Korean class at the university is soooo tempting, but it's completely irrelevant to my study program. Plus you fabulous people aren't there. :wink:
On Skype, I'm nenuphar_ (just like that with the underline character ending)

I invite you to check out my new blog about linguistics, translation and culture:
www.shadesofmeaning.wordpress.com

Enkiae
Been Around a Bit

Postby Enkiae » July 19th, 2008 5:28 pm

Good luck on going back to school. I haven't been posting here in a while too (unfortunately, I have no excuse :oops: ). We need to revive this place and take over the two other places as planned! :lol:

steved
Expert on Something

Postby steved » July 23rd, 2008 10:37 pm

Bouks, congratulations on your decision to go back to school! I recently toyed with the idea of persuing an advanced certification but after reviewing the material for months I fell back into my comfort zone. The thought of studying for exams again was in no way appealling. Good luck and 화이팅!

Return to “Listener's Lounge (청취자들의 공간)”