Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Listening to lessons everyday

Do you download and listen to that day's lesson everyday?

Yes
43%
No
35%
Download all the lessons and listen in bulk?
22%

Total votes: 23

Keith
Expert on Something

Postby Keith » May 26th, 2008 6:04 am

Thanks again for the feedback Kevin. We are currently writing our next season of Intermediate Lessons, and we are taking a different approach than what our current Intermediate Lessons are. I hope you enjoy them :)

Why do you have the Romanization in the Intermediate lessons?
You tell us in English that the audio blog is entirely in Korean Confused

We feel that having romanization in the lesson is inviting for those who may want to listen along, and aren't confident in having their Hangul reading abilities. We toyed with the idea of leaving it out, but decided to keep them in there because its not so much work for us, and it doesn't hurt to have it in there ;)

The introduction to the Audio blog is for people who are new to the site, and don't know what the Audio Blog is for. All in an attempt to make the site as user friendly. :)

Bouks
Expert on Something

Postby Bouks » May 26th, 2008 4:18 pm

Keith -
I would really, really, 진짜, 정말, really like to have two levels of intermediate lessons (upper intermediate and lower intermediate). 8) Mainly I'm interested in the lower intermediate, if it can be easier than the current Intermediate level. If I say you rock my socks, can I have Lower Intermediate? 8) Please, please, my birthday is this summer...
[/begging mode]
On Skype, I'm nenuphar_ (just like that with the underline character ending)

I invite you to check out my new blog about linguistics, translation and culture:
www.shadesofmeaning.wordpress.com

Get 40% OFF
Keith
Expert on Something

Postby Keith » May 27th, 2008 4:45 am

We are aiming for out next intermediate lessons to be at just that level :) We're just having some issues with the naming convention. But once we figure it out, you'll get what you're looking for! Lower Intermediate Lesson :)

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » May 29th, 2008 8:04 pm

Keith wrote:
Yeah, i totally agree with Bouks! I felt so left-behind when I was doing the old lessons, and sometimes when I ask questions in the comments,

Yea, the seasons were are really great jsut for that reason. They allow a user to join in with everyone else, when they're on the same lesson :)

It's not that Keith rocks my socks or anything,

Dang.... I was hoping I did :lol:

i've listened to them a few times. the new advanced lesson i've listened to probably 7 times

That's some serious commitment! We'll have a few more of those out shortly. Just hang in there for a little bit though ;)

I must admit though that I did start to lose interest in the lessons around Intermediate lesson 18 where I noted that 6 lines of the 18 lines of dialogue are simple reaction expressions viz: 어? 왜?뭐가?내가뭘?뭐데이트? 안돼!뭐가안돼? which may be authentic dialogue but is just tiring to listen to. Lesson 22 is similar - out of 12 lines of dialogue there are lines with 아...네, 가자, 예..예, 네, 5 lines of introductions (안녕하습니까, 민호 오빠세요, etc.) and 2 lines of useful language. I also used to enjoy the audio blog but found I lost interest in hearing about the limited experiences of a high school student.

Kevin, thank you for the honest and constructive feedback! How do you feel about the commentary in the Audio Blog? Besides the dialog, how do you feel about the vocabulary and lessons presented?

I do the newbie/beginner and Hyunwoo Sun blog for now! Twisted Evil

Sindy, you can always join in with the new seasons too ;)

Keith! :wink:

I will try the new content (seasons) too, thank you! :D

steved
Expert on Something

Postby steved » May 30th, 2008 6:49 pm

I used to listen to the lessons everyday, now I am more in bulk mode but trying to get back into the daily mode. (I have had some schedule changes that have taken up that listening time I had set aside. It's time to find the time again :) )

Return to “Listener's Lounge (청취자들의 공간)”