a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

This site

John
Expert on Something

This site

Postby John » August 20th, 2007 7:28 pm

Is this site only a week old?

I signed up for the free week but only have access to two newbie lessons...I have been studying Korean for over two years now, I was looking for something a bit more in-depth.

I am hoping this isn't another site that starts off promising the language but completely fades away after a few basic lessons, as most do.

If this site is indeed only a week old I hope that there are hundreds of lessons planned for the future.

JockZon
Expert on Something

Postby JockZon » August 20th, 2007 8:15 pm

This site started a week ago and it aren't going to start for real until September 20th. Still on the developing and feedback stage.

If you want to see how this site is going to be you can take a look at another site which came before this one. www.japanesepod101.com

I hope you will enjoy koreanclass101.com in the future!

Get 40% OFF
joeyhopper
New in Town

Postby joeyhopper » August 20th, 2007 11:19 pm

I am really excited about this site!

I've a couple of friends who want to learn Korean. I personally found Japanesepod101.com to be extremely helpful, and I've been waiting on something like that for Korean so I can introduce my friends to it!

Can't wait until its official launch in september! :wink:

John
Expert on Something

Postby John » August 21st, 2007 12:02 am

glad to hear it I hope it does well...I am very interested to learn more. I'll be around to take full advantage of it.

Keith
Expert on Something

Postby Keith » August 23rd, 2007 3:14 pm

hi all,

trying to figure out what series to roll out. please let me know what would suit YOU :shock:

still trying to gauge the demographics of who are listeners are, and what types of things they would like to study

John
Expert on Something

Postby John » August 23rd, 2007 3:57 pm

Well I have all the pimsleur(helpful) on my ipod, kimchi girls(entertaining but basically useless), sparkling Korean(useful but short), survival phrases(entertaining, and slightly useful). etc. etc. I am not sure what you have.....I have a tutor I have been working with from Seoul for almost two years now, and that usually degenerates into just chatting alot till he passes out. I bought http://www.bookfinder4u.com/IsbnSearch. ... ode=direct
form amazon, very useful but wow confusing because I don't have a good grasp on breaking down English sentences into it's individual parts. I can read Korean very well, hmm let me clarify, I can sound it all out correctly, I have little understanding of what I am reading. "My first 100 words in Korean" was very helpful in teaching me how to read.

So anyway that was a difficult question. I have no idea.

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » August 24th, 2007 5:28 am

Pimsleur is very useful but it's a bit outdated and mostly teaches you the formal language only. You'll find a lot of cool resources in this website as it keeps evolving. :D

Just like you said, John, Korean is really easy to read once you know the pronunciation rules, but as the letters don't always have a separate meaning and have to meet with some other words to form meanings, it's best if you keep learning expressions that really mean something to you. That way the studying process will always be interesting and you'll improve really quickly. :D

I hope you can practice your Korean sentences in the Practice Korean forum of this website :D 거기서 만나요!

Return to “Listener's Lounge (청취자들의 공간)”