Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

a funny list I found on Facebook

John
Expert on Something

a funny list I found on Facebook

Postby John » April 14th, 2008 12:39 am

for all those who like kpop, kdramas, and whatever else korean :] .. but as much as you wish for it, you ain't korean!

some characteristics you may have:

- you wish you had, or you actually have, those metal chopsticks ~I do have those

- you have kpop playing in the background.. right now! ~sometimes I do

- you've seen my sassy girl at least twice and you curse under your breath that they're making an english version of it ~EXACTLY true!

- you know that kim sam soon isn't just a person's name ~lol yeah ofcourse

- you've replied 'neh' or 'yeh' to someone's request ~honestly yes

- you really wanna yell out 'shirho!' just for the hell of it ~not sure what that is

- you watch xman and wish your english friends could play dangyunhaji with you ~nope

- you love kimchi ~tried it but didn't really like it

... and korean bbq :]~oh yeah

- you appreciate that males in korea also get facial surgery (but then wonder what koreans actually look like if so many of them got surgery..) ~no

- you find it slightly amusing how harisu was once a man ~who?

- you know that tvxq = dbsk~don't actually...

- you know that bi is pronounced 'bee' and that 'rain' isn't just talking about the weather we're having right now~ofcourse

- mc yoo and kang ho dong are your secret lovers (jk! but they sure are funny!)~don't know them

and you love to go and buy cute korean accessories like pencils, and erasers, and paper!!~nope lol

and you practice writing any english words with korean characters, just cuz you can! ~very true

you want to answer your cell phone by saying "yobuseyo?"~yup!

when your friends speak korean, or when you go to korea, you expect subtitles..~lol nope

You know what "BASHA!" and "Aja Aja Fighting!" are =D~yup

No matter how many times you go to a Korean restaurant, you still find it fascinating that their spoons are so long! (even though you may own a couple yourself =P)~nope

you've tried to start a bokko dance craze at a club...but you only get a "is-that-guy-crazy" look from people around you.~no no no

you've read that list '50 things you learn from a korean drama' but despite that, you still continue to watch those repetitive-storyline dramas~never read it but I get the jist

-"Your going to see Speed Racer AND Ninja Assassin.. just because Rain is in it" Thanks for this one Ryan!~ WOOT

- "To seem cool, when driving by people, you blast Epik High or Drunken Tiger as loud as you can in your car stereo" (more from Ryan)~I don't blast it but .....

"You're glad that Rain and Se7en are finally coming to the US...but when they become mainstream, and everyone likes them, you'll be the only one in your group of friends to say 'I remember when they just started out in Korea'" (Ryan again!)~yup

"You think that if the Spice Girls can have a reunion concert...So can... H.O.T., Sechskies, and Turbo" (Ryan)~ who?

.. i'm sure there are many others so please list some and i will add them! :D

Bouks
Expert on Something

Postby Bouks » April 14th, 2008 1:58 am

Oh, but those subtitles would come in handy, wouldn't they? :wink:
On Skype, I'm nenuphar_ (just like that with the underline character ending)

I invite you to check out my new blog about linguistics, translation and culture:
www.shadesofmeaning.wordpress.com

Get 40% OFF
rooraa
Expert on Something

Postby rooraa » April 18th, 2008 12:23 am

ㅋㅋㅋㅋ!! THAT LIST IS HILAROUSLY FUNNY!!

I wanna try to list some....

-you wish more guys were pretty/hot/cute/funny as korean guys

-you force your cousins and friends to watch korean mvs, dramas, movies, variety shows....etc (gotta spread the korean love!)

-you want to get all crazy and sing at a 노래방 too!

-whenever you mention Full House, you are talking about the korean drama but all your friends are thinking about the American show

-you randomly and constantly sprout out any new korean words/phrase you learned recently ("물!" "몇시에요?")

-you are currently trying to learn korean and gets really excited when you find out a famous korean actor and/or singer knows English

-you really want to spontasiously go up to that korean person and make friends with him/her and see if they will teach you korea or even better, take you to korea!

And I want answer the list too......X]

- you wish you had, or you actually have, those metal chopsticks
I have chopsticks, but not those...wonder if they're heavy?

- you have kpop playing in the background.. right now!
ㅎㅎ! The question is, when do I don't?

- you've seen my sassy girl at least twice and you curse under your breath that they're making an english version of it
are you kidding me?? It'll be a flop compared to My Sassy Girl! My all time favorite korean movie. Seen it probably three times ^^

- you know that kim sam soon isn't just a person's name
never watched it though....

- you've replied 'neh' or 'yeh' to someone's request
예!

- you really wanna yell out 'shirho!' just for the hell of it
아....I don't really know what that means either but it sounds familar

- you watch xman and wish your english friends could play dangyunhaji with you
"of course!" Though don't know if I'll be any good at it =X

- you love kimchi
my 언니 loves it but I haven't ate any recently ={

... and korean bbq :]
never tried it but it looks soooo yummy!

- you appreciate that males in korea also get facial surgery (but then wonder what koreans actually look like if so many of them got surgery..)
Um, I like to think that they are 100% natural, thank you very much ~.~

- you find it slightly amusing how harisu was once a man
I don't know who that is and "once a man"??

- you know that tvxq = dbsk
Heck yeah!! First korean boyband love!!! 사랑해!! *ahem* excuse my fangirl outburts

- you know that bi is pronounced 'bee' and that 'rain' isn't just talking about the weather we're having right now
that i do

- mc yoo and kang ho dong are your secret lovers (jk! but they sure are funny!)
Best MCs ever!! Dude, we need more people like them. So AWESOME

and you love to go and buy cute korean accessories like pencils, and erasers, and paper!!
If they sold any here! I wish...

and you practice writing any english words with korean characters, just cuz you can!
You have no idea! So true

you want to answer your cell phone by saying "yobuseyo?"
Heh heh, never thought of that but now that you mention it.....why not? ^^

when your friends speak korean, or when you go to korea, you expect subtitles..
If only life was that easy (and korean friends? First there has to korean people over here!)

You know what "BASHA!" and "Aja Aja Fighting!" are =D
not sure what "바사" is but 아자아자 화이틸 is written on my hand right now!

No matter how many times you go to a Korean restaurant, you still find it fascinating that their spoons are so long! (even though you may own a couple yourself =P)
never been to a korean restaurant but I want one.....

you've tried to start a bokko dance craze at a club...but you only get a "is-that-guy-crazy" look from people around you.
'bokko?" but sounds fun, I'll totally do it if i knew what it was

you've read that list '50 things you learn from a korean drama' but despite that, you still continue to watch those repetitive-storyline dramas
those list things crack me up! Those 'repetitive-storyline dramas' are my obession :lol:

-"Your going to see Speed Racer AND Ninja Assassin.. just because Rain is in it" Thanks for this one Ryan!
Not exactly.

- "To seem cool, when driving by people, you blast Epik High or Drunken Tiger as loud as you can in your car stereo" (more from Ryan)
I don't know how to drive but Epik High kicks butt! "I can't stop love love love"

"You're glad that Rain and Se7en are finally coming to the US...but when they become mainstream, and everyone likes them, you'll be the only one in your group of friends to say 'I remember when they just started out in Korea'" (Ryan again!)
Whee~! I can't wait for that moment!! 세븐 화이팅!"

"You think that if the Spice Girls can have a reunion concert...So can... H.O.T., Sechskies, and Turbo" (Ryan)
sure, why not?

John
Expert on Something

Postby John » April 18th, 2008 12:29 am

It was fun huh? thx for adding more!

Keith
Expert on Something

Postby Keith » April 18th, 2008 1:28 am

-you force your cousins and friends to watch korean mvs, dramas, movies, variety shows....etc (gotta spread the korean love!)

Roora... lol!!!!

- you watch xman and wish your english friends could play dangyunhaji with you ~nope

I would love to do that one! But somehow I don't think it would end up friendly... :lol:

Bouks
Expert on Something

Postby Bouks » April 18th, 2008 2:11 am

When I was little, I did not miss an episode of Speed Racer (even though I barely understood the plotlines). My daughter has no interest in it whatsoever...so I'm going to go see it by myself 8)

You know, at first I did force my family to watch K-Dramas (at the time it was Dae Jang Geum)...but then they got hooked, so I was successful in my evil plot to Koreanize them.

Hey, lets have a KoreanClass contest, and the winner gets a pair of those chopsticks!

Come to think of it, I have been saying Korean words randomly to my family. So that's why they've been looking so longsuffering these days...but hey, I managed to train my husband to say "Aigoo!" when he's frustrated, and he didn't even want to learn Korean (the evil plot continues... 8)
On Skype, I'm nenuphar_ (just like that with the underline character ending)

I invite you to check out my new blog about linguistics, translation and culture:
www.shadesofmeaning.wordpress.com

rooraa
Expert on Something

Postby rooraa » April 20th, 2008 2:58 am

Keith wrote:

Roora... lol!!!!

heehee, I'm glad you liked that one ^^

*a few days later* 언니 and 저 have succeeded! We have successfully koreanized 두 of 우리의 친구! (How's that for using korean XP) They were "exposed" to korean mvs just yesterday and they love it! 행복힙디다!

Now to just get them to want to learn korean too...

Bouks wrote:You know, at first I did force my family to watch K-Dramas (at the time it was Dae Jang Geum)...but then they got hooked, so I was successful in my evil plot to Koreanize them.

Hey, lets have a KoreanClass contest, and the winner gets a pair of those chopsticks!

"koreanize" ㅎㅎㅎ, I like that word!

A KoreaClass contest? A pair metal chopsticks for a prize? sounds like my kind of thing! I'm all for it!! :)

Return to “Listener's Lounge (청취자들의 공간)”