Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

How did you get into Kpop?

zealanddream
New in Town

G-Dragon

Postby zealanddream » March 11th, 2010 12:59 am

I saw G-Dragon's "Heartbreaker" on the featured videos on youtube back in October. I clicked on it to see if it was a cover of any of the other Heartbreakers I know and I immediately fell in love. My love of Kpop really soared after watching Boys Over Flowers and falling in love with Super Junior.

fmbusiness
New in Town

Postby fmbusiness » March 17th, 2010 11:40 pm

I wanted to learn korean because of Seo Taiji back in the day but recently I've been getting into K-pop and what go me into it was Super Junior.

I saw Sorry Sorry and Knockout and was hooked. now i'm a massive fan, Ive seen all their vids, know all thier songs, watched all thier tv show appearances and want to see them live. lol

also I fell in love with Gee and Oh! by SNSD.

after a few weeks of all that I found big Bang and became a big fan of G-Dragon and his single "heartbreaker"

now im wanting more and more... :)

Get 40% OFF
enoughforforever4985579
New in Town

Postby enoughforforever4985579 » August 18th, 2010 8:48 pm

After studying a little I decided to check out the forum and this interested me =D

I got into kpop on February 7th, 2010 when I saw a picture of 이기광 in a signature of a girl's profile on a writing forum I am on. I immediately messaged the girl asking her who it was and she told me and that pretty much started everything. Beast and MBLAQ were the first two bands I got into but now I listen to over 30 groups and solo artists!! I'm still working on mastering everyone's names, but I figure if I can learn Super Junior, I can learn anyband. Although I may have some difficulty learning 20star when they debut.. =]

It's because of kpop that I became interested in Korean culture and the reason why I am on this website. I can't wait to visit Korea some day and eat some 떡볶이 with new friends and maybe even go see a show or two!

Thank you for creating this amazing site! It's helped me a lot and I only signed up just yesterday!

timandyou
Expert on Something

Hello enoughforforever4985579,

Postby timandyou » August 19th, 2010 12:30 am

That's GREAT!
I am very happy for you~~!!
cheers,

Tim 8)

demonchildtwilight6789
New in Town

How i got into KPop

Postby demonchildtwilight6789 » August 19th, 2010 6:19 pm

i wanted to start learning because of the music i was hearing and was interested in. my friend had giving me links to a few bands she liked and i started listening and was ooked right away by them, so far my fav bands are BOA and SS501. i'm offically hooked on there music :D

timandyou
Expert on Something

hello demonchildtwilight6789,

Postby timandyou » August 20th, 2010 1:01 am

This is Tim from KoreanClass101.com.
GREAT! You like Kpops.
I like personally 'BigBang'.
Of course Boa and SS501 are great as well!
You just made me want to go to Karaoke!!!
haha!
cheers,

Tim 8)

SHINeeGeneration2PM8637
New in Town

Hewwo ;3

Postby SHINeeGeneration2PM8637 » October 31st, 2010 10:23 am

Annyonghaseo ^ ^ Well, iHave gotten into Kpop by actually someone posting a video of my first kpop sight ever. It was a video of " Gee " By SoNyuhShiDae. iLoved it so much, & they are what got me into Kpop ^ ^ Then listening to their song, " Cabi " Which featured 2pm, iGot into 2pm as well ^ ^ Became a very big fan of 2pm beacuse of SNSD ehehe ;3 Then, from 2pm's, " Idol Army " Show's, There was an episode which featured, " SHINee " & iBecame a very big fan of SHINee as well ^ ^ Also, Another episode of 2pm's " Idol Army " SHow, iWas introduced to, " After School ". One of the members was from Hawai'i which made me beleive in myself, that iHave a chance of getting into Kpop ^///^ Which is why iAm taking korean on this sight ^ ^ To learn korean, so iCan take my dream career to become a kpop star :O ^ ^ :3

maddiefossett4431
New in Town

Postby maddiefossett4431 » March 31st, 2011 1:54 pm

I was at Hulu.com and under "Featured Shows" was this show called "Playful Kiss" (장난스런 키스), I read the summary and it interested me so I watched it...and got HOOKED! SO after it was done I looked up info on the actors to see what else they had done...and from there discovered that 김현중 was the leader of something called SS501. I got on YouTube to look this group up and was SHOCKED at how much I found! From there it was on to SuJu, KARA, Girls Gen., CNBlue, and many others.

What a great question...thanks for posting it, I have enjoyed reading others responses!

Cheers!

imorochimaru_227078
New in Town

Re: How did you get into Kpop?

Postby imorochimaru_227078 » October 15th, 2014 6:11 am

By watching Korean Drama, "You are Beautiful" and "My Fair Lady". These two drama have great songs.

fengiliu_227399
New in Town

Postby fengiliu_227399 » December 2nd, 2014 5:44 pm

I got into KPOP because of Trouble Maker and six amazing men, BEAST.
It's so funny that all started from the gym I went. One of the class the instructor happen to pick Trouble Maker as the background music for some exercise and that melody stick into my head.
About 1 month later I saw their clips on YouTube accidentally and start browsing relate clips. The one that really got me into KPOP was their performance with Lang Lang in 2011 MNet Asian Music Award (MAMA).
Lang Lang + BEAST+ Trouble Maker made the epic performance I ever seen and I become a fan of them.

community.korean
Expert on Something

Postby community.korean » December 9th, 2014 9:16 am

Very interesting to hear from all of you.
Please keep posting! :)

Regards,
Claire
Team KoeranClass101.com

RosalineD
New in Town

Postby RosalineD » December 15th, 2014 3:45 pm

I still remember my first time seeing Big Bang on Channel V, back when Haru Haru & Lies were phenomenon (well, they still are). I became a fan since then, and slowly I develop a strong bond toward Korean culture in general.

xXYazzyXx
New in Town

Postby xXYazzyXx » June 14th, 2015 10:53 pm

My personal favorite group is 방탄소년단 :D

I think I started listening to kpop in 2012, although at the time I didn't know it. I'm sure a lot of people have heard of Gangnam Style, right? Well it played on the radio a lot and I found it very interesting. To be honest, I didn't even know that was korean at the time :lol:
That was it for a while until 2014. I made a friend who was seeeeeriously into kpop and kdramas. One day she told me to look up this guy, and because I was bored I did, and that's when I discovered Park Jimin from BTS. Literally 10 seconds later I was on YouTube looking for some of the group's music. After the first song I fell in love. ^_^
Then, of course, I was curious about if there were any other kgroups out there andddddd that's when I discovered 블락비(Block B), 걸스데이(Girl's Day),
비에이피(B.A,P), ect... :)

So, that's my story. Also the reason why I want to learn Korean. I'm hoping to go to a BTS concert one day, or Seoul, to meet them *-*

klawilliams
New in Town

Postby klawilliams » December 20th, 2015 12:29 pm

Hey :D
So my Kpop obsession is only quite recent starting just over two years ago.

To be honest discovering this style was more like luck. I'd never heard of it before until I was on YouTube until I gazed upon "Youtubers React to Kpop." I'd only ever heard of the word "kpop" because Ryan Higa the youtuber made jokes or mentioned it a couple of times. So when I watched this I enjoyed it so much that I decided to dig deeper and began to research it. I began to love it and before long it was the only style music I listened to. So now my main songs involve a tiny bit of Rock n Roll and a truck load of Kpop.

To this day kpop is the main style that I listen to :)
For a bit of help, my main favourite boy bands are
1. BTS (bangtan boys)
2. EXO
3. BIGBANG
4. SHINee
5. VIXX
And girl bands:
1. Girl Generation
2. SISTAR
3. 2Ne1
4. Kara
5. Girls Day

Hope it helped <3

thediymagic_232341
New in Town

Postby thediymagic_232341 » April 29th, 2017 2:58 pm

It happened to me back when i was in the fourth grade. My brother, whom is older than me, listened to Big Bang all the time so i decided to do a little research of my own and fell in love with it. at some point my electronics were restricted so i sorta forgot about kpop. when i got the 8th grae i was at my best friends house and she wanted me to listen to the song titled "Call Me Baby". She isn't into K-Pop she just thought they were cute, but i got hooked again. Since that day ive listened to more groups such as BTS, GOT7, Seventeen, Red Velvet, Kara, T-ara, etc.

Return to “Music, Music, Music (음악)”