Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

노래방 checklist

matthew254
Expert on Something

노래방 checklist

Postby matthew254 » September 7th, 2008 4:40 am

I frequent the 노래방 often and love me some singing. I also find it a great way to focus one's reading skills as I don't know all the words to any song (but come on - who does? even native speakers read the screen) but I feel bad that after 12 or so Korean songs, I'm spent. Then I have to look in the American list. So, here's my question.

What classics should I learn? What songs are at every 노래방 that a native speaker would know but someone like myself who has only been into Kpop for the last two years wouldn't know? Anyone have any ace-in-the-holes they want to share? Quid pro quo: here's some of my favorites that are easy enough to learn:

로꾸거 - Super Junior T (슈퍼주니어-T)
    풍선 - 동방신기
    요리왕 - 슈퍼주니어 해피
    Always - Big Bang
    행복 - H.O.T.

Anyone have any suggestions? How about some favorites? I like 소녀시대 but obviously it's way too high for me...ㅠ ㅠ

javiskefka
Expert on Something

Postby javiskefka » September 7th, 2008 4:26 pm

The one and only song that I can sing consistently (Because he's a male singer and the tempo is pretty slow :lol: ) is 윤도현's "사랑했나봐".

Get 40% OFF
matthew254
Expert on Something

Postby matthew254 » September 7th, 2008 5:48 pm

The one and only song that I can sing consistently (Because he's a male singer and the tempo is pretty slow is 윤도현 - 사랑했나봐".

Nice recommendation! that little number just made it into my repertoire :P keep'em coming all!

holdfast
Expert on Something

Postby holdfast » September 8th, 2008 12:03 am

i recommend 박효신의 해줄수 없는일 for sure, and if you're going to do 빅뱅 you have to do 하루하루! or ftts 가슴 아파도.. if you want to be fun and young, try 샤이니의 누나 너무 예뻐 or ft island's 사랑잃이. any 슈퍼주니어 song is always a good call.. oh oh! what about 동방신기? 풍선 ls a good fun 노래방 song.

cheri
Expert on Something

Postby cheri » April 16th, 2009 12:02 am

How about 다행이다 by 이적 or All For You by 쿨? :)
Attempts to blog in Korean^^
http://cheripracticeskorean.blogspot.com/

Ramblings about things related to (and sometimes not related to) Korea..usually this translates to FOOD^^
http://seoulberry.blogspot.com

kyuree
Expert on Something

Postby kyuree » April 16th, 2009 9:16 am

my favourite song last fall in Korea was

보고 싶은 날엔-박지헌

I like the song. Also it's not too fast so not so many faults on the lyrics hahaha

haven't been to Karaoke in Berlin for ages (sort of expensive here... ) :cry:
Noraebang is EVEN more expensive...
unfortunately having half a set of Korean genes doesn't come w/ a language gene

karen
New in Town

Postby karen » April 16th, 2009 10:25 am

The first Korean song that I tried at 노래방 was "Loverboy" by Clazziquai. The song is a duet and half the song is in English.

I'm also a fan of
거짓말 - Big Bang
Strong Baby - Big Bang
하루하루 - Big Bang
Dirty Cash - Big Bang
나만 바라봐 (Part 2) - Tae Yang
Nobody - Wondergirls
내 머리가 나빠서 - SS501
UR Man - SS501
Replay - Shinee
Get Up and Dance - Se7en
Sorry Sorry - Super Junior (this one wasn't on the list yet last time I went but I am sure it will get added soon)

Although I admit that I have only tried a few of those songs but they are in heavy rotation on my Ipod.

Now I feel like going to sing.

tony0682
New in Town

Postby tony0682 » July 15th, 2009 7:37 pm

As a frequenter of 노래방's in NYC, here's my list. They aren't too fast, but you'll get used to them after a few times. The first bunch are Korean Classics, some are harder to sing.. Mostly male songs..

Classics
패닉 - 달팽이
임재범 - 고해
임재범 - 너를위해
김범수 - 보고싶다
이승환 - 천일동안
Solid - 이밤의 끝을 잡고
Fly to the Sky - 취중진담 (Slower Original Version by 김동률)
신성우 - 서시
Fly to the Sky - Missing You
Cool - All For You
김동률 - 아이처럼

Newer
2AM - 이노래
2AM - 어떡하죠
위성 - 안되나요
Fly to the Sky - 구속
Bobby Kim - Mama
Brown Eyed Soul - Nothing Better
백지영 - 사랑안해
Alex - 대이지
8Eight - 잘가요 내사랑
2AM - 친구의 고백
메이트 - 그리워
메이트 - 하늘을 날아
Super Junior - 너라고
2PM - Again and Again
2PM - 니가 밉다

Keith
Expert on Something

Postby Keith » July 15th, 2009 8:57 pm

Tony, it looks like you're hanging out with me and my friends! The classics you listed are exactly the same songs you will find in any of my 누래방 sessions... But I guess it's because they're classics :)

If you're looking for a song any-- and I do mean ANY-- Korean would know, in my opinion, that 1 song would be 남행열차. It's 911 on most 노래방 machines, and it's a fun song to sing. Definitely not slow, but I don't think it's too fast either.

Next time anyone's in a 노래방 with Koreans, sing 남행열차. I guarantee you will have a good time!

Keith
Expert on Something

Postby Keith » July 15th, 2009 8:59 pm

Oh I forgot to mention. That song is old school Korean pop. Also known as 트로트! :D Have fun!

tony0682
New in Town

Postby tony0682 » July 15th, 2009 9:09 pm

That's funny Keith. Most of my friends and I grew up listening to that era of music. And they never seem to die out. There's a somewhat slow song by 서태지 that I can't for the life of me remember the name of that is really good. And I also forgot to add 세월이가면. Another classic song.

I believe I know the song. There are a lot of 트로트 classics out there, but I don't seem to know their names. There's some sort of 트로트 revival going on in KPop right now, infusing the sounds with more current music. I'll have to look up the names of the songs though, if it interests you. :lol:

joshuamcculloch7863
New in Town

Postby joshuamcculloch7863 » February 8th, 2011 12:05 pm

Ha Ha-너는 내 운명

Seriously this is my favorite song to sing with friends.

Return to “Music, Music, Music (음악)”