Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Wanting to be come a foriegn exchange students

kmia22
New in Town

Wanting to be come a foriegn exchange students

Postby kmia22 » November 24th, 2009 2:18 am

Im a jounor right now and i want to be a foriegn exchange student in another country. I live in the U.S but i thought Korea would be a fun place to finish my learning. Plus i was thinking i could go to coledge there and become a marienbiologist if i could understand korean. My friend teaches english at korea. How do i become a foriegn exchange student? And would it be posible to become one?

maknaelove
New in Town

Postby maknaelove » November 24th, 2009 1:17 pm

hi!
you can try AFS program.... i qualified to be an exchange student...but my 'scholarship' was a one-year program so i had to pay.... and it was very expensive....so I did not continue.....

maybe AFS will go to your school.... :D

or you can go to their website... .i think it's afs.org or afs.com ....... :D

i hope this helps.... :)

Get 40% OFF
tintin
New in Town

Postby tintin » July 27th, 2010 7:49 am

hey! AFS actually doesn't have a program to korea.
i'm on exchange right now with YFU.
it was pretty expensive and there aren't any scholarships for it.
the experience is great, but if you come, i highly recommend lots and LOTS of korean practice and a strong will. there a lot of things you may not like here...it's really tough.
learn a lot about the culture [especially about older culture] before you decide to come.

my recommendation is, come when you are in college. the korean high school system is really tough and as a high school student, your exchange program might be a little overprotective and you may not get to experience as much.

college=more freedom=more opportunities.

trutherous
Expert on Something

Postby trutherous » July 27th, 2010 1:36 pm

Hi tintin,

Congratulations, you have resurrected a post from November 2009. Better late than never eh? On forum boards that are not very active (like this one) it's a good idea to take a good look at the date of the last comment posted. Of course the information you posted will probably be useful to someone else who might be reading the forums, but the original author of this topic hasn't been active in a long time.

So you are a foreign exchange student in Korea at the present time? That sounds awesome --I envy you.

George - fellow student

tintin
New in Town

Postby tintin » July 27th, 2010 3:52 pm

Hi George!

I didn't think about that! Thank you for the tip :)

timandyou
Expert on Something

Hello tintin,

Postby timandyou » July 28th, 2010 12:33 am

:o

"I envy you too!"
haha~~

thanks for commenting on this forum.

cheers,

Tim 8)

Return to “Working & Studying in Korea (한국에서 일하거나 공부하기)”