What I would like to see is a way to learn korean by following the dialog of a Korean drama like Winter Sonata. You should cover it like you do your normal lessons, but use the dialog from the drama instead of some random made up sentence.
It seems to me that a major motivator for learning Korean is to be able to watch Korean dramas. It may seem silly, but I'm taking a Korean class and nearly everyone admitted that is what they were there for! So let's just cut to the chase and start learning using the dramas.
People have mentioned using the dramas and trying to fully understand the dialog, but without a korean transcript or a literal translation, it is difficult to use this as a learning tool. I have unsuccesfully searched for a drama that contains both an english and korean transcript.
I think, that there is something about watching the drama that makes it easier to memorize the content. I can easily recall what I have seen, but memorizing arbitrary words is like bouncing rocks off a wall - nothing sticks! I think the storyline will provide the motivation needed to recognize the dialog.
I would suspect that if you managed to understand everything spoken in a couple of episodes from a korean drama, you would probably be able to understand a substantial amount of any drama and you might be able to start picking up new vocabulary by figuring out how the english subtitles match up with the words you don't know. This is important because I have tried nearly everything on the market and the main problem is that even if you go through their level 1,2,3, etc. it still wouldn't be enough to make you conversationally fluent, but the program ends and you can go no further. Totally useless! But, if you could learn enough to understand 70%, you could figure out the other 30% based on the subtitles and would have an entire universe of korean dramas to learn from. And, it would be fun.
My motivation is watching and understanding korean dramas - not reading, not speaking and not writing. I only want to be able to listen and understand and I want to do so as quickly as possible. I really don't care about the other skills and they aren't necessary either. Kids learn to comprehend first. They do not learn by first memorizing the korean alphabet and reading or writing. Using dramas, you could potentially skip all that and speed up comprehension.
So how about it. I'm very impressed with the resources that KC has and you could certainly do it - heck if you don't do it, I am seriously considering doing it myself because it would help me learn Korean the way I want to learn.