a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

장화, 홍련 (Remake)

the_haunted_boy
Expert on Something

장화, 홍련 (Remake)

Postby the_haunted_boy » February 26th, 2008 8:19 pm

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/tale.php

This was a really good Korean film directed by Ji Woon Kim but it is being remade, for Americans, now directed by Tom and Charlie Guard. There were lots of American remakes of foreign horror films but they have never been able to top any of the originals.
Sumi and Suyeon who were originally played by ImSooJung (임수정) and Moon Geunyoung(문근영) will now be played by Emily Browning and Arielle Kebbel.

John
Expert on Something

Postby John » February 26th, 2008 9:58 pm

It's nice to know that Korean cinema is getting props from America, but seriously why remake it? Oh I know cause Americans refuse to read subtitles..... :shock:

Get 40% OFF
rooraa
Expert on Something

Postby rooraa » April 20th, 2008 2:22 am

I LIVE for subtitles, even on American movies I always turn on the subtitles (if it has any)

a horror movie...? I always get freaked out 0.o

the_haunted_boy
Expert on Something

Postby the_haunted_boy » April 26th, 2008 8:24 pm

rooraa wrote:a horror movie...? I always get freaked out 0.o

Americans are getting lazy with horror. They are just doing remakes of foreign movies from Japan, Hong Kong, Spain, China, Thailand, Austria, Germany and yes, even Korea.

I LOVE Horror!!!

rooraa
Expert on Something

Postby rooraa » April 27th, 2008 1:44 am

you know what, you're right! Grudge was originally from Japan, right? Scarryyy

javiskefka
Expert on Something

Postby javiskefka » April 28th, 2008 1:52 pm

Wasn't Grudge a collaboration between a famous Japanese horror director and an American producer?

the_haunted_boy
Expert on Something

Postby the_haunted_boy » April 28th, 2008 11:10 pm

javiskefka wrote:Wasn't Grudge a collaboration between a famous Japanese horror director and an American producer?

That was kind of the case, it was the original director (Takashi Shimizu) with Sam Raimi, but it was because a lot of Americans were talking about making an American version of a foreign film and they stumbled across the Ju-On series.

The Ring was the one that started the trend of foreign horror American remakes. Now there are much more on the way from many countries and continents.

Return to “Movies & Television (영화와 TV)”