Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

You can use T-money on payphones now

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

You can use T-money on payphones now

Postby hyunwoo » June 13th, 2008 5:19 am

Now you can use T-money http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-money on payphones in Seoul :) Yay!

the-resa-
Been Around a Bit

Postby the-resa- » June 13th, 2008 1:45 pm

that's cool! haha.

in singapore we use this thing quite similar to t-money called 'ez-link'. it allows you to take trains, buses and pay for your meals at mcdonalds. haha. but not payphones. haha.

i gave my t-money to my friend when i came back from korea the other time. i should have kept it coming to think of it so i wouldn't have to buy another when i go there again.

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » June 13th, 2008 2:44 pm

Theresa,

don't worry :) There are lots and lots of very cute T-money types in stores now :) You'll want them !! ㅎㅎ

사고 싶을 거야!

the-resa-
Been Around a Bit

Postby the-resa- » June 14th, 2008 8:12 am

^ haha!

there are some T-moneys that cost more than other T-moneys right? why?

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » June 14th, 2008 8:17 am

Haha. That's because they are prettier and more convenient to carry . :) Just a way for them to make more money I guess? haha

Have a look :)

http://www.s-money.co.kr/

javiskefka
Expert on Something

Postby javiskefka » June 14th, 2008 10:02 am

Hey, that's great. Can you make international calls that way, or just domestic? I wish our transit cards in DC were as easy to use as T-Money. You can recharge it at any metro station, and you get a ten cent discount on the bus, but you can only purchase them at certain stations way out where the commuters park. I didn't buy one for years because it was so inconvenient to get one.

I've got a couple T-Money cards lying around somewhere with other miscellaneous detritus that was left in my bag after returning from Korea. Hopefully I'll have a chance to use one again some day.

the-resa-
Been Around a Bit

Postby the-resa- » June 14th, 2008 1:47 pm

so many types! haha. i think mine was the extremely plain one. the rectangle with no patterns.

Return to “General Culture (문화 일반)”