Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Drinking (alcohol)

shanshanchua
Expert on Something

Drinking (alcohol)

Postby shanshanchua » May 22nd, 2008 7:38 am

Yesterday I just listened to the culture class on dining out with your boss, and one of the things mentioned was how almost everybody can drink in Korea, and it's very rare for someone not to drink.

Is that true?? Even the ladies? (Judging by how Seol downed a glass in 'one shot' in the video, I would think so!) Then are there lots of drunk people in the streets at night!??!??!

I personally would have difficulty fitting in a Korean company then (not that I'll ever join one!). I can't/don't drink at all... :shock:

tormsen
Been Around a Bit

Postby tormsen » May 22nd, 2008 2:05 pm

Pretty much. Drinking is such an established part of business life that its hard for people who don't drink. You don't get seen as a team player if you don't drink with your co-workers. There are lots of drunk people around, but probably not as many as you're thinking in your head. Though the sojuman asleep in his 양복 in some ridiculous place is always amusing.

Join by May 6th
javiskefka
Expert on Something

Postby javiskefka » May 22nd, 2008 5:47 pm

I remember seeing a man who had wedged himself between the side of a subway entrance and the edge of the curb. He kept rolling into the street. I was so worried that he would get run over before he made it home safely in the morning...

the_haunted_boy
Expert on Something

Postby the_haunted_boy » June 4th, 2008 3:54 pm

I don't think its just Korea, everywhere I have been I have seen people drinking, especially on holidays.

Return to “General Culture (문화 일반)”