Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Help with Korean Sentences

nadia07
New in Town

Help with Korean Sentences

Postby nadia07 » December 8th, 2011 12:50 pm

안녕하세요! 제 이름은 나디아 입니다. I am practicing to write sentences in Hangeul and I tried various sentence structures. However, I would greatly appreciate it if you could help correct my Korean sentences, as I may make mistakes. 선생님, 감사합니다!

• 너는 내일 시간이 있으면 같이 영화 볼래요?
Neo-neun nae-il sigan-i iss-eu-myeon gat-i yeong-hwa bol-lae-yo?

• 난 집에 돌아가기 전에 한국어를 공부할래요.
Nan jib-e dor-a-ka-gi jeon-e Han-guk-eo-reul kong-bu-hal-lae-yo.

• 나는 어제는 진짜 피곤했어요. 그래서 일찍 잤어요.
Na-neun eo-je-neun jin-jja pi-gon-haess-eo-yo. Geu-rae-seo il-jjik jass-eo-yo.

• 난 맥도날드에 햄버거 하고 감자 튀김을 먹을래요.
Nan Maek-do-nal-deu-e haem-beo-geo ha-go kam-ja twi-gim-eul meok-eul-lae-yo.

• 너는 오늘은 뭐 요리할 거예요?
Neo-neun o-neul-eun mwo yo-ri-hal geo-ye-yo?

Hope you can help me. I do need help to correct my grammar as I feel that I make mistakes in my sentences. Thanks!

jaehwi
KoreanClass101.com Team Member

Hello

Postby jaehwi » December 9th, 2011 1:06 am

안녕하세요. Hello 나디아

I'm Jaehwi from Koreanclass101.com

Thank you for writing Korean sentences. They are all good! Let me help you by correcting minor issues so that you can improve your Korean writing skill : )

• 너는 내일 시간이 있으면 같이 영화 볼래요?
Neo-neun nae-il sigan-i iss-eu-myeon gat-i yeong-hwa bol-lae-yo?
-> 너 is the informal pronoun, so I would say '당신'. However, Korean people usually don't say pronouns like 당신 so I can just say '내일 시간 있으면 같이 영화 볼래요?'

• 난 집에 돌아가기 전에 한국어를 공부할래요.
Nan jib-e dor-a-ka-gi jeon-e Han-guk-eo-reul kong-bu-hal-lae-yo.
- Perfect. But 나 is informal pronoun, so you can say 저는 when you write sentences with the particle -요 (formal) / Both should match.

• 나는 어제는 진짜 피곤했어요. 그래서 일찍 잤어요.
Na-neun eo-je-neun jin-jja pi-gon-haess-eo-yo. Geu-rae-seo il-jjik jass-eo-yo.
- Perfect / 나는 -> 저는.

• 난 맥도날드에 햄버거 하고 감자 튀김을 먹을래요.
Nan Maek-do-nal-deu-e haem-beo-geo ha-go kam-ja twi-gim-eul meok-eul-lae-yo.
- Great! Just one thing; 에서 is the object for marking places so it would be better if you say 맥도날드'에서'

• 너는 오늘은 뭐 요리할 거예요?
Neo-neun o-neul-eun mwo yo-ri-hal geo-ye-yo?
- Like the first sentence, Korean people don't say the pronoun 당신 or 너 when asking questions in person : ) so I would say '오늘은 뭐 요리할 거예요?'

Thank you for those great sentences. Please keep practicing Korean writings, and let us know if you have any questions or need any feedbacks.

감사합니다. Thank you.

- Jaehwi / Koreanclass101.com

Get 30% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS
nadia07
New in Town

Thank you, Jaehwi

Postby nadia07 » December 9th, 2011 1:25 am

Annyeonghaseyo, Jaehwi ssi!

Thank you very much for correcting my sentences. They really help. I will practice writing more in Hangeul. :D

Thanks again.

Best wishes,

Nadia

nadia07
New in Town

Postby nadia07 » December 10th, 2011 7:45 am

안녕하세요!

선생님, could you please help check the grammar of my Korean sentences? I like to use the standard politeness level as it is polite yet conversational, and I am learning to use various sentence structures and particles. Could you help me? 감사합니다!

1) 저의 방이 너무 더러워요. 그래서 저 방 청소하고 싶어요.

2) 전 훌륭한 과학자하고 연구원 되고 싶어요!

3) 한국어 어려워요. 그렇지만 중국어 더 어려워요!

jaehwi

Hello

Postby jaehwi » December 12th, 2011 12:48 am

Hello Nadia,

Welcome back! 안녕하세요^^ This is Jaehwi from Koreanclass101.com

For sure, I can help you : )

1) 저의 방이 너무 더러워요. 그래서 저 방 청소하고 싶어요.
-> 제 방이 너무 더러워요. 그래서 제 방 청소하고 싶어요.
/ 제 means 'my' and 저 means 'I', so I'd say '제 방' to mean 'My room'. Also 저의 sounds too formal, so you can just say 제.

2) 전 훌륭한 과학자하고 연구원 되고 싶어요!
-> 연구원"이" 되고 싶어요.
/ For the written Korean, particles are important to get the right meaning : )

3) 한국어 어려워요. 그렇지만 중국어 더 어려워요!
-> '한국어는 어려워요. 그렇지만 중국어가 더 어려워요!'
/ When you use the adverb 더, please use the particle 이 or 가 for the nouns.

I hope those helps : )

Let me know if you have any questions about the comment. Thank you!

nadia07
New in Town

HELP ON THE USE OF PARTICLES

Postby nadia07 » December 12th, 2011 2:38 am

Annyeonghaseyo, Jaehwi ssi!

Thank you very much for correcting my sentences. I still have trouble using topic-marking particles (eun/neun), subject-marking particles (i/ga), object-marking particles (eul/reul) etc. Although I can identify between words which end in a consonant and vowel, I still have trouble on when to use them and when to drop them from my sentences.

In written Korean, are these particles necessary to clarify the meaning of the sentences? Can these particles be dropped in spoken Korean?

I will greatly appreciate it if you could help me. Kamsahamnida, seonsaengnim!

P/S: I will practise composing more sentences in Hangeul, but my vocabulary is still very limited. I have recently bought an English-Korean dictionary so that I enhance my word vocabulary.

jaehwi

Hello

Postby jaehwi » December 13th, 2011 12:13 am

Hello Nadia,

No Problem! I'm glad to hear that I could help you.

As I mentioned on the previous post, particles are necessary to clarify the meaning especially in the written Korean. For example, you can simply 'SAY'

- 나 케이크 좋아해. (I Like Cake)

As you can see in this sentence, particles are not mentioned in the spoken Korean. For the spoken Korean, You can drop all particles if you want to. However, it should be like below if that's for written Korean.

- 나는 케이크를 좋아해. (I Like Cake)

If you simply write as 나 케이크 좋아해, people would understand the meaning, but they will consider it as too casual for written Korean. (You might see the sentences without particles only on the Novels, which follow the spoken Korean)

I hope this helps. And for sure, please let me know if you have any questions or sentences that you want me to check : ) Feel free to post here.

Thank you!

nadia07
New in Town

MORE SENTENCES

Postby nadia07 » December 21st, 2011 7:08 am

Thanks again, Jaehwi ssi.

It really helps when you correct my mistakes. :)

Here are several sentences.

1) 저는 한국어를 배우고 있어요. 가르쳐 주세요. (Jeo-neun Han-guk-eo-reul bae-u-go iss-eo-yo. Ga-reu-chyeo ju-se-yo.)

2) 한국어를 가르칠 수 있어요? (Han-guk-eo-reul ga-reu-chil su iss-eo-yo?)

3) 한국어 이야기 할 수 있어요? (Han-guk-eo i-ya-gi hal su iss-eo-yo?)

Could you help me check if my sentences are correct? I will greatly appreciate your help. I am practising writing sentences in Jondaetmal since it is polite before I go into Banmal.

Kamsahamnida, seonsaengnim.:)

hemantsahi1104
New in Town

Understanding Korean sentence

Postby hemantsahi1104 » April 8th, 2012 5:23 pm

안녕하세요!

I am reading a story and one of the characters says this:

다 정리했다고 돌아봤는데 아직도 치울게 남아있네. 이놈에것은 언제 끝나 ·

what is the character trying to say?

정말 감사합니다

trutherous
Expert on Something

Postby trutherous » April 10th, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi "hemantsahi"

Welcome to Koreanclass101 !

다 정리했다고 돌아봤는데 아직도 치울게 남아있네. 이놈에것은 언제 끝나 ·

"I thought I'd taken care of everything but when I looked again there were still some things to get rid of, will there ever be an end of this bastard's crap!"

or

"I thought I'd cleaned up everything (the crime scene?) but when I checked again there were still some things (evidence?) to erase (hide, dispose of), when will this bastard's legacy (affairs, dealings, junk) end?

now the literal translation:

다(everything) 정리(arranging, ordering, straighting, cleaning, organizing)했다(did)고(thought) 돌아(return, back,behind)봤(looking, checking)는데(doing when) 아직(still, yet)도(also, additionally) 치울(erase, dispose of)게(things) 남아(remaining, left over)있네("are, is"-more than expected). 이(this)놈(jerk, lowlife)에(of,at,concerning)것은(things, affairs) 언제(when) 끝(finish)나(kind of rhetorical question form) ·

다 (everything) 정리했다고 (straightened done thought) 돌아봤는데 (back looking when) 아직도 (still) 치울게 (disposing things) 남아있네 (remaining there was). 이놈에것은 (this bastard's things) 언제 (when) 끝나 (finished huh?) ·

I hope that sheds some light on the sentence for you. Of course the exact meaning still depends a great deal on context, so in the future it would be great if you included a couple of sentences on either side of the passage in question.

Have a great day, study hard, but remember to have fun.

And please don't be a stranger -- we need more participation in these forums.

George aka 나영훈 -- fellow student

hemantsahi1104
New in Town

Postby hemantsahi1104 » April 10th, 2012 7:36 pm

I am so grateful to you for your response.

The way you have broken the sentence down to help me understand better, it just blew me away!

Thank you so much.

Hmm.. as for the context. The girl thinking this has had her heart broken and the guy who left her isn't over her.. and she is thinking this to herself.

It's quite a sad situation actually.

trutherous
Expert on Something

Postby trutherous » April 11th, 2012 8:02 am

별 말씀을요 :D

jaehwi

Hi

Postby jaehwi » April 16th, 2012 5:45 am

Hi hemantsahi1104, Thank you for asking question on our Forum. I'm glad that trutherous helped you find the meaning of sentences : )

Trutherous, as always, thank you for your help to other listeners. 늘 많은 사람들을 도와주셔서 감사합니다.^^

JaeHwi / KoreanClass101.com

Return to “Practice your Korean (한국어 연습하기)”