a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

www.hanlingo.com

matthew254
Expert on Something

www.hanlingo.com

Postby matthew254 » May 18th, 2008 4:29 am

www.hanlingo.com
Not sure if anyone else has used/talked about/discovered this site, but I have used it to set up a nice little set of Skype friends.

The site is a social networking site and has a great mix (it feels almost 50% Korean 50% foreigner)So think of it as a free Myspace of Korea (no, not your 미니홈피) in which to get hooked up with people who want to talk via Skype. good for self-motivated people willing to polish up their conversation skills (and don't mind staying up late to accommodate the 13 hour time difference).

hey, self motivated - that's why we're all here, isn't it? :P

It's also nice because it's not just for English-Korean, Korean-English. There are a fair amount of other languages represented there too.

Anyways, just make sure to use common sense when dealing with someone that turns out to want something other than language practice - has only happened twice so far
...man I must be losing it.... :wink:

Bouks
Expert on Something

Postby Bouks » May 18th, 2008 8:29 am

I tried to sign up for hanlingo, but have had problems for some reason. It won't give me a password, but when I try to sign up again, it says there's already an account with my email address.

But that's ok, because I have made a couple of friends on Skype to practice Korean with (and help them with English). Of course, the time difference problem still remains.
:roll:
On Skype, I'm nenuphar_ (just like that with the underline character ending)

I invite you to check out my new blog about linguistics, translation and culture:
www.shadesofmeaning.wordpress.com

Get 40% OFF
mariefrenette
Been Around a Bit

Postby mariefrenette » May 18th, 2008 10:42 am

Hanlingo is rad. I have a language partner who lives in Seoul, we do a language exchange in the evenings and whenever I go to Seoul he shows me around. I even slept at his family's house last time. I live in Korea, but still find this kind of set up very beneficial.

My speaking and confidence has improved drastically in the last months since we started meeting.

Check it out!!!!
Marie

the_haunted_boy
Expert on Something

Postby the_haunted_boy » May 22nd, 2008 12:30 am

I dislike it, hardly anyone uses that site and out of the few people that are active on that site I am the only minor and I make other users feel awkward (I think) and so they ignore my posts so they don't look like an internet predator.

javiskefka
Expert on Something

Postby javiskefka » May 22nd, 2008 2:11 am

Maybe there's a more teen-oriented site out there?

Sorry if it's weird to say teen-oriented, but isn't that what you meant?

the_haunted_boy
Expert on Something

Postby the_haunted_boy » June 4th, 2008 3:43 pm

javiskefka wrote:Maybe there's a more teen-oriented site out there?

Sorry if it's weird to say teen-oriented, but isn't that what you meant?

Yes that is what I meant,
I use: (drum roll)
www.sharedtalk.com
I get to do at least 4 languages there.

seolli
New in Town

Postby seolli » June 6th, 2008 7:53 am

um, i also have problems signing up in hanlingo.
It keeps telling me " Please make sure the text and the image match " when i 100% made sure that i typed in correctly.
Anyone knows what's wrong? Thanks ^^

Return to “Korean Resources & Reviews (자료 및 리뷰)”