Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Non Yonsei/Sogang Korean language schools in Korea

tkmayfie
Been Around a Bit

Non Yonsei/Sogang Korean language schools in Korea

Postby tkmayfie » October 2nd, 2009 7:05 pm

Does anyone have any info or experiences with any other Korean university language programs other then at Yonsei and Sogang? I did a 6 week summer program at Yonsei this past summer and really liked it there and wouldn't mind going back, don't get me wrong Sinchon is an awesome place to live, but it would be cool to experience another place as well.

Although I would love to get better at conservation in Korean, my ultimate goal is to pass the Defense Language Proficiency Test for Korean and serve a tour of duty in Korea. Therefore I think I need something more along the lines of a Yonsei program, more grammar intensive building towards proficiency, rather then a Sogang type program. If my thought process or impressions of those schools are wrong help me out!

The only other school I have heard of is Ajou in Suwon. Anyone ever hear anything about their program? Is it like a Yonsei or a Sogang?

Are there any other schools? It would be awesome if there was one in Busan

matthew254
Expert on Something

Postby matthew254 » October 13th, 2009 12:50 pm

Here's my personal experience at Ewha. I hope you find it helpful.
Also, here's a TOPIK study review guide I put together a while back.

Anyone else?

Get 40% OFF
javiskefka
Expert on Something

Re: Non Yonsei/Sogang Korean language schools in Korea

Postby javiskefka » October 14th, 2009 5:03 am

tkmayfie wrote:Although I would love to get better at conservation in Korean, my ultimate goal is to pass the Defense Language Proficiency Test for Korean and serve a tour of duty in Korea. Therefore I think I need something more along the lines of a Yonsei program, more grammar intensive building towards proficiency, rather then a Sogang type program. If my thought process or impressions of those schools are wrong help me out!

Wouldn't the Defense Language Institute be pretty good preparation for that? ;)

novaKorean
New in Town

Defense Language Institue Foreign Language Center

Postby novaKorean » October 14th, 2009 1:20 pm

tkmayfie
Been Around a Bit

Postby tkmayfie » October 14th, 2009 2:07 pm

Haha yeah obviously but I am still in college, not active duty, and there are a lot of hurdles involved in getting into that school and once you do it is not a guarantee that you would be assigned the language you want. That's why I intend on getting proficient on my own and taking the test, in essence skipping the school because they might not even allow me to study Korean. And I also only have about a year and a half of freedom left before the military, might as well study it now while I have time and the opprutunity to go to Korea 8)

Return to “Korean Resources & Reviews (자료 및 리뷰)”