Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Nurian users: need info please!

Gudrun
Established Presence

Nurian users: need info please!

Postby Gudrun » September 2nd, 2009 1:41 am

I'm still investigating the eDictionary situation. I heard from one of the forum members that when typing Hangeul on the Nurian, if you need to backspace to change a letter you typed, the device will delete the entire syllable block. Definitely annoying... I wrote about this quirk to an online store that sells many brands of Korean eDictionaries and they said they have never heard of this problem. They contacted Nurian and were told that backspace would delete one letter and that Esc would delete the entire word. So, I was wondering, does anyone have a Nurian model that doesn't delete the entire geulja when using backspace? Is it possible Nurian actually fixed the problem? If someone has a model they like that doesn't have this problem, could you please reply? I was initially attracted to the Nurian because of the color display. I'm trying to avoid the typical gray, black, and white displays.

austinfd
Expert on Something

Postby austinfd » September 3rd, 2009 12:54 am

I own the Nurian x9. Like I wrote before, it deletes the entire syllable block. (I just tried with the esc key and the del key to be certain and there was no difference)

It is possible they have fixed this on other models, I cannot say for certain. When I was in Seoul, I tried another model at the the store, and it did the same thing as mine, but this was well over a year ago.

I'm making some videos!: http://www.youtube.com/user/austinfd

Get 40% OFF
Gudrun
Established Presence

Nurian "quirk"/Sharp?

Postby Gudrun » September 3rd, 2009 2:01 am

So the backspace, escape, and delete keys all delete the entire syllable block, no difference? That is too weird.

I wonder which Sharp dictionaries are good... Do you know anybody with the new Sharp RD-CX200? The price seems reasonable enough but I would love to find someone who has actually used one.

Thanks for your help, austinfd!

austinfd
Expert on Something

Re: Nurian "quirk"/Sharp?

Postby austinfd » September 3rd, 2009 6:53 am

Gudrun wrote:So the backspace, escape, and delete keys all delete the entire syllable block, no difference? That is too weird.

I wonder which Sharp dictionaries are good... Do you know anybody with the new Sharp RD-CX200? The price seems reasonable enough but I would love to find someone who has actually used one.

Thanks for your help, austinfd!

Yeah, it is pretty annoying... a minor issue for Koreans (who probably rarely misspell in 한글... but really frustrating for someone like me.

Sorry, I don't know anyone with an e-dictionary. Most of my foreign friends didn't even bother to study Korean, much less have a dictionary. (Most cell phones in Korea have a decent one that gets the job done on the fly, but wouldn't cut it for a serious study session) However, I still believe that there is little that separates all the brands (in terms of features and the included content)

I'm making some videos!: http://www.youtube.com/user/austinfd

Return to “Korean Resources & Reviews (자료 및 리뷰)”