a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

questions about korean

kiowoun.asma_231298
New in Town

questions about korean

Postby kiowoun.asma_231298 » August 9th, 2016 7:45 am

안녕하삽니까 선생님들! hello everyone!
first thank you teacher lyn for your precious help , i'm very lucky to find this forum.i have some questions
1)i've come across those two endings below while studying korean and want to know
the difference between them: " ~려고하다 and ㄹ/을까하다" i'm not sure but i think both of them means "i'm thinking of(doing something) ?!
it would be good if you could provide examples.
2)what does 들켜버리다mean in this sentence:"네 앞에 서면 내 눈물 들켜버리지"from the song 가시 꽃.
How can i say "thank you for not calling me last weekend! "to my coworker who calls me at 7:00 in the morning even in weekends
이 주말에 나를 전활 안했서 고마워!please correct me if i'm wrong.대다히 감사합니다.

community.korean
Expert on Something

Re: questions about korean

Postby community.korean » August 10th, 2016 11:41 pm

Hello,

Thank you for posting. '~려고 하다' shows the 'will ' of the person speaking--it means the person is 'going to do something' (thinking about it, but knowing that they will do it). On the otherhand, '~ㄹ/을까 하다' is used when the speaker is unsure as to whether they will actually do what they are thinking about, or not. For example:

취직을 하려고 해요. (I am thinking about getting a job--I want to get a job and am thinking about it)
취직을 할까 해요. (I am thinking about getting a job--not sure if I will get a job or not but thinking about it)

As for '들켜버리다', it means that something that you wanted to keep secret was (not by the choice of the speaker), revealed to somebody else.
So '네 앞에만 서면 내 눈물을 들켜버리지' would mean 'Everytime I stand in front of you my tears are revealed (meaning I don't mean to show you that I am crying, but I cannot help it whenever I am standing in front of you).

And if you want to tell your coworker, 'Thanks for not calling me last weekend', it would be:

"지난 주말에 전화 안해줘서 고마워!" (Thanks for not giving me a call last weekend)

Cheers,
Lyn
Team KoreanClass101.com
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Learn All About Korean (한국어에 관한 모든 것)”