a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Christmas day

skyferrydoina5530
New in Town

Christmas day

Postby skyferrydoina5530 » February 24th, 2011 12:53 pm

hello,Tim!
i can tell you about how we celebrate Christmas, just a few words. we celebrate Christmas because in this day, the 25- th December, the son of God, esus Christ has became Man, born by a virgin, Virgin Mary, Theotokos, Panaghia ( from greek); the meaning is deep but Christmas is a celebration of joy, peace and mercy... and above all, a celebration of Love... God's Love.
try to spend some time in an orthodox country while the winter celebrations, or on 15-th August when we celebrate the day of Virgin Mary( Maria), Theotokos, and you have The Independence Day; or in April- May, when we celebrate the Resurrection of God.
These are just words, you must LIVE to understand.
Now, can i know your reasons, ?
SO: Whi are you celebrate Christmas???

timandyou
Expert on Something

Hello skyferrydoina5530,

Postby timandyou » February 25th, 2011 2:22 am

I really do appreciate you of your comment on "Christmas".
I really do!

I guess you do know my name - Tim.
May I have your name so that I can call you by your name! (most importantly, I want to be your friend! "Love you brother and sister!" remember?)

I owe you one explanation!
The reason I asked you to give me your reason first is because my reason could offend you.
Why? because i know people well. People are ONLY interested in what they want, what they are interested in, what they are good at, what they need from others, so on...

Before living in Canada, the meaning of "Christmas" for me was "sending and receiving gifts, celebrating 'Santa', having fun with friends, making myself feel better, drinking some beers, and many more..."

After living in Canada, the meaning of "Christmas" for me is very SIMPLER & CLEARER!
Whenever I think of "Christmas", I think of ONLY ONE thing, no ONLY ONE PERSON.
I think of "Christ". To me, "Christmas" = "Christ".
and "Christ" is "LOVE"; therefore... (here is my answer to your question)

"Christmas" = "Christ" = "LOVE"

I do understand why you said, "These are just words, you must LIVE to understand".

"Words have power ONLY when we do and act according to the words."
If reading and saying words simply makes us understand, anyone can be "Tiger Wood", "Roger Federer" simply reading 'golf or tennis magazine(s)'.
We truly understand someone's concepts, ideas, opinions, skills, abilities, characters, true deed, and true purpose ONLY FOLLOWing his/her action.

I do want to understand and know 'Christ' better.
So my answer is simple. Live by His rules, live by His action. "I am a follower of Christ!"
And I am trying hard to live by His will (not my will).

I think... you are my brother. "Nice to meet you!"
Thank you!
best,
Tim

Join by May 6th
skyferrydoina5530
New in Town

Postby skyferrydoina5530 » February 25th, 2011 5:22 am

my name is d...from Doina.
your country, Korea is ...amazing!!! you do live like Christians: humility, love, respect, pure heart.
at first i have seen a korean movie and i was impressed and i began to search, to know more and more about your people.
i try to learn korean, but there are some problems with TIME...i never have enough free time, and in my country there are no dictionary for Korean.
i don't give up.
if you are korean why your name is Tim???
how could you explain so better? are you a teacher??
anyway, thank you for everything!
I wish you to have a beautiful, amazing life!
d

timandyou
Expert on Something

Hello Doina,

Postby timandyou » February 25th, 2011 9:31 am

This is Tim!
Nice to meet you Doina!!! :P :P :P
I am a Korean. How about you, Doina? What's your nationality? (if you don't mind...)
Thanks for the comment! They are lovely! and I do appreciate of them!

However, we DO NOT deserve this sentence, "your country, Korea is ...amazing!!! you do live like Christians: humility, love, respect, pure heart.
at first i have seen a korean movie and i was impressed and i began to search, to know more and more about your people".
WE DO NOT!
I hope your sentence inspires some Korea though... Thank you for saying that...

Ah... about my English name - Tim?
It's a long story... If you have a chance, please take a look at 'Audio Blog S5 L1'.
Even though you don't understand Korean, you will see and understand the English translation.
Audio Blog Season 5 L1 is about my English name, Tim.
Am I a teacher? "Thanks for calling me that but, I AM NOT a teacher!"
I just understand listeners well... I always think about them...
I know what they want and what they need and what makes them easy to learn new language(s). That's all.
Thanks for the comment and for the blessings.
Personally I stopped wishing for my life...
I simply live my life, keep asking His will, wisdom, and characters...
thanks for wishing for my life... It's very sweet of you!
Thanks,
in Christ,
Tim 8)

skyferrydoina5530
New in Town

Postby skyferrydoina5530 » February 26th, 2011 4:39 pm

it's me again!
i' ve been trying to find The Lord's Prayer in korean and i found 2 versions of the same text. which one is correct, or more familiar ?
The Lord's Prayer

주기도문

하늘에 계신 우리 아버지,

아버지의 이름을 거룩하게 하시며,

아버지의 나라가 오게 하시며,

아버지의 뜻이 하늘에서와 같이
땅에서도 이루어지게 하소서.

오늘 우리에게 일용할 양식을 주시고,

우리가 우리에게 잘못한 사람을
용서하여 준 것 같이

우리 죄를 용서하여 주시고,

우리를 시험에 빠지지 않게 하시고,

악에서 구하소서.

나라와 권능과 영광이 영원히 아버지의 것입니다. 아멘
and
주기도문

하늘에 계신 우리 아버지여,

이름이 거룩히 여김을 받으시오며,

나라이 임하옵시며,

뜻이 하늘에서 이룬 것같이
땅에서도 이루어지이다.

오늘날 우리에게 일용할 양식을 주옵시고,

우리가 우리에게 죄 지은 자를
사하여 준 것같이

우리 죄를 사하여 주옵시고,

우리를 시험에 들게 하지 마옵시고,

다만 악에서 구하옵소서.

대개 나라와 권세와 영광이
아버지께 영원히 있사옵나이다. 아멘
there are some differences, but i can't understand why is this difference, but the same text?
about me,
i'm from Constanta town- Romania, just by the sea, the Black Sea. it's nice...a small town loaded with history...but dusty, noisy, crowded, cosmopolitan.
what about your place of living?? are you living in Soeul? in Romanian we say Seul, but i think at something... SOUL... how nice!!! (sic!) :P

trutherous
Expert on Something

Postby trutherous » February 26th, 2011 6:21 pm

Nice to meet you --I'm George, your fellow student here at KC101 --I've been reading the Korean version bible (actually a couple of Korean versions) for about 25+ years now. It's a fantastic, but difficult study, that I would encourage any serious student of Korean to undertake. While the grammar and the way individual units of thought are divided in the Korean language is vastly different than most other languages, I can assure you that the translation of the bible carries exactly the same meaning-per-meaning as the most ancient traditional texts.

Thanks for your interest in the Korean Language.

As for your questions:

The second version is more poetic and most commonly recited in Korean churches, especially presbyterian churches.

Why are the versions different? Well, just as there are slight differences in the prayer as recorded in the gospels where it appears, and there are slightly different versions in use by various denominations, some being more modern, the same thing applies in Korean. For example some prefer the English version that says "Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors" but others prefer the version that says "Forgive us our sins as we forgive those that sin against us;" Some may also consider one version more accurate than the another, however the basic outline of the prayers remains the same.

There is also a song version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPb6goUy ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO49HRgvv0I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQQdMigfqXw

A two-year old sings The Lord's Prayer:
This one's English but a MUST SEE! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR4PQ30V ... ure=fvwrel

Below is a somewhat LITERAL translation followed by the traditional equivalent meaning in parenthesis () for each group OR group of sentences:

Code: Select All

주기도문

하늘에 계신 우리 아버지, - Heaven abiding Our Father  (Our Father which art in heaven)

아버지의 이름을 거룩하게 하시며, -Father's name holy considered do (hallowed be Thy Name)

아버지의 나라가 오게 하시며, -Father's kingdom coming do (Thy kingdom come)

아버지의 뜻이 하늘에서와 같이 -Father's will heaven-at as is like ( Thy will be done on Earth
땅에서도 이루어지게 하소서. -Land-at also fulfilling do                           as it is in heaven)

오늘 우리에게 일용할 양식을 주시고, -this day us-to necessary sustenance give and (give us this day our daily bread)

우리가 우리에게 잘못한 사람을 -we us toward bad deeds committed person  (forgive us our sins as we
용서하여 준 것 같이 -forgiveness giving thing like                                                  forgive those who

우리 죄를 용서하여 주시고, -our sins forgiving give and                                               sin against us)

우리를 시험에 빠지지 않게 하시고, -us testing falling into not do and (lead us not into temptation)

악에서 구하소서. -evil from saving do (deliver us from evil)

나라와 권능과 영광이 영원히 아버지의 것입니다. 아멘 -kingdom and powerand glory forever Father's is --amen (Thine is the Kingdom, the power, and the glory forever. Amen)

and
주기도문

하늘에 계신 우리 아버지여, -Heaven at abiding our Father (our Father which art in heaven)

이름이 거룩히 여김을 받으시오며, -name holy acknowledging receive (hallowed be thy name)

나라이 임하옵시며, -kingdom coming make happen (Thy kingdom come)

뜻이 하늘에서 이룬 것같이 -will heaven-at fulfilling thing like             (Your will be done on earth
땅에서도 이루어지이다. -land(ground/earth)-at also fulfilling happen                   as it is in heaven)

오늘날 우리에게 일용할 양식을 주옵시고, -this day us-to necessary sustenance give and (give us this day our daily bread)

우리가 우리에게 죄 지은 자를 -we us toward sin committed person     (and forgive us our sins
사하여 준 것같이 -forgiven given as like                                                  as we forgive those who

우리 죄를 사하여 주옵시고, -our sins forgive give and                                         sin against us)

우리를 시험에 들게 하지 마옵시고, -us testing entering not allowing     (lead us not into temptation)

다만 악에서 구하옵소서. -instead evil away from saving give (but deliver us from evil)

대개 나라와 권세와 영광이 -*(Tae-gae) kingdom and power and glory  (for thine is the kingdom, the power,
아버지께 영원히 있사옵나이다. 아멘 Father-to forever it is  --amen                  and the glory, forever. Amen)

*대개 (tae-gae) sorry I do not know how to exactly translate "tae-gae" in this case -- '대개' typically means "usually, generally, or typically" but the language of this translation is very old and I cannot be sure of the exact connotation.

skyferrydoina5530
New in Town

Postby skyferrydoina5530 » February 27th, 2011 3:39 pm

thank you for helping me. d

skyferrydoina5530
New in Town

Postby skyferrydoina5530 » February 27th, 2011 4:54 pm

감사합니다! with a bow. thank you, George.

timandyou
Expert on Something

Thanks Doina & George,

Postby timandyou » February 28th, 2011 1:55 am