Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

sentence help!

sakura1004
New in Town

sentence help!

Postby sakura1004 » June 29th, 2010 1:46 pm

My friends are starting to chat with me in Korean so that i'll learning Korean faster but i'm like beginner so its abit difficult. I would really appreciated if someone could help me.
Note: i'll probably come back here alot and ask lots and lots of question... hope u all don't mind... THank you.

-한국아에언제와___그러면?
-저 자주자주 안온다구 저를 잊지말아주세요.
-오랜 친구되고 싶어요.
-너짱이뻐내이상형
-나여친없서

I would really appreciated if you could put side notes as well so i would understand the way sentence are structured... sorry for the trouble and thank you very much.

trutherous
Expert on Something

Postby trutherous » June 29th, 2010 6:27 pm

Hello Sakura,

What is the source of these Korean sentences? Did someone write them to you or are you trying to write them? I'm not sure exactly what you are asking for, are you asking for translation or correction?

If someone wrote them to you are you sure you copied them exactly as they were written?

If you are trying to compose these sentences how about including what you are trying to say in English?

A couple of these sentences are accurate and very clear but the others have errors in dividing words and other problems.

-한국아에언제와___그러면? (sorry I am not familiar with this use of '아에')
(한국에 언제 와 _ 그러면?) :?:
Well then when are you coming to Korea?
한국(Korea) 에(to) 언제(when) 와(come) 그러면(well then)

-저 자주자주 안온다구 저를 잊지말아주세요. I don't come here often so please don't forget me.
저(I) 자주자주(often often) 안(not)온다구(coming) 저를(me) 잊지말아(not forget)주세요(please/please give me)

-오랜 친구되고 싶어요. I want to be your long-time friend.
오랜(long time) 친구(friend)되고(becoming) 싶어요.(I want)

-너짱이뻐내이상형 -- ? :?: (sorry I'm not even going to try and translate this)

-나여친없서 (나 여친 없어) I have no girlfriend.
나(I) 여친(girl friend) 없어(don't have/is not)
"여친" is a contraction of "여자(girl) 친구(friend)"

More info please. Keep up the good work!

George - fellow student

PS - You get a different slice of the language from every source, such as chatting, but I would suggest you also be sure to enroll in a proper course, such as here at KoreanClass101.

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
sakura1004
New in Town

Postby sakura1004 » June 29th, 2010 10:10 pm

Thank you so much!!!!
I'm sorry i wan't clear when i asked... Someone wrote those and left me figure it all myself T^T Thank you so much for your help... Yes, i'm learning through koreanclass101 right now... i'm enjoying it!

Could you check if these are right?
내가늘 당신을 잊지 (I won't forget you)
괜찮아, 언젠가는 당신 것입니다 (don't worry someday you will)

timandyou
Expert on Something

Hello Sakura san! "Gonichiwa, Sakura san!"

Postby timandyou » June 30th, 2010 1:07 am

:P

"Anatawa nihonjin desuyo, Sakurasan!"
"Gonochiwa" from Tim deshyo.
We are very pleased to meet you here~~! Our new friend, Sakura san!
I think your Korean is not bad... since you are able to read "Hangeul".
"Sakura san ganbate~~"

Could you check if these are right?
내가늘 당신을 잊지 (I won't forget you)
괜찮아, 언젠가는 당신 것입니다 (don't worry someday you will)

1. "I won't forget you" would be 내가 "I" 당신을 "you" 잊지 않겠습니다 or 잊지 않을 것입니다 "won't forget" = 내가 당신을 잊지 않겠습니다.

2. "Don't worry someday you will" would be 괜찮아 "don't worry / be alright", 언젠가는 "someday", 당신(의) 것 "yours", 입니다 "be-verb or will be" = 괜찮아, 언젠가는 (나는) 당신의 것입니다.

I don't know who wrote that but, but he/she likes someone... I guess it's you, Sakura. Are you chatting with Korean man thesedays? I know both Japanese and Korean culture well myself. Do you need any help? Let me know!

I know you are so busy Sakura san but if you really want to learn Korean effectively, take a look at Korean lessons, I really want to help your Korean Sakura san.
My new lessons for Absolute Beginner Season 2 starts next week! I bet you would love those lessons. I hope I can meet you throughout the lessons.
Please keep asking or leaving any sort of questions here. There are many people here who want to assist you to improve Korean. You've already met George san.
cheers Sakura san,

Tim 8)

manyakumi
Expert on Something

Postby manyakumi » June 30th, 2010 4:39 am

Hello, Sakura1004.
Welcome to this forum. :)
I'd like to fill the missing piece in out of George's great explanations.

trutherous wrote:-너짱이뻐내이상형 -- ? :?: (sorry I'm not even going to try and translate this)

너(you) 짱(great) 이뻐(pretty) 내(my) 이상형(ideal type)

짱 is kind of a slang for "the best","the first","king","great", etc...
Let's make it a normal sentence.

너 진짜 예뻐. 내 이상형이야.
You are so pretty. You're my type.

:wink:

sakura1004
New in Town

Postby sakura1004 » June 30th, 2010 6:30 am

Thank you so much to the both of you ^^

hahaha yes Tim, i'm chatting with Korean man. My boyfriend is Korean actually. He's in Korea now serving his military duty. So since he knew that i'm starting to learn Korean his emails are turn into 80% Korean/20% English ><

Also, i'm not Japanese. I'm actually Korean American. Well... mostly Korean... my mother is full korean and my dad is korean/japanese. They both were adopted since birth so our house is very westernized. i think i'm the first one in the family to take time and learn more about Korea/Korean.

Ooo... i would love to join the lesson... I'm on summer vacation so i do have lots of time to study...

I'll be back with more questions, when i have them keke

trutherous
Expert on Something

Postby trutherous » June 30th, 2010 7:35 am

Woo hoo! Once again nice to meet you Sakura!

BTW - let me give you a nice tool (if you don't already use it) http://dic.naver.com/ that's the dictionary at the Naver site. Just type or copy and paste in the top box then hit the 검색 button and get a world of nice definitions.

Tim - thanks! You are right on top of things. You saved me the time of having to come up with an answer :) 고마워요. 이 은헤를 잊지 않을께요

Manyakuni -- thanks so much bro! That was a difficult one for me... my biggest problem in the translation was "이상형" --for some reason I kept thinking "strange older brother" :D and that, of course, made no sense at all. I forgot about the other meanings of "형" "shape, form, type, pattern, matrix 등등 ... If I had thought of those I would have gotten '이상' --oh sure, I could have just used Naver... but... what's the fun in that. :P

timandyou
Expert on Something

은혜는 무슨...

Postby timandyou » July 1st, 2010 1:00 am

:P

조지님, 은혜는 무슨...
은혜라는 말은 제가 할 말이죠... 얼마나 KoreanClass101.com에 도움을 많이 주고 계시는데... 저는 조지님 없음, 죽을 맛 입니다! ㅎㅎ

말이 통하는 사람들을 만나는 게 사실 쉬운일이 아닌데...
요즘 세상이 너무 거꾸로 돌아가서... (이건 제 생각)
정말 고맙게 생각합니다.
제가 모르는 한국 싸이트도 알고... "짱 입니다!" (아시죠, 이 표현?)
Manyakumi 도 너무 너무 고마워요~~~
요즘 싸이트 운영 할 맛 납니다. 다 두 분 덕분이죠~~~^^

ps. Sakura san, "Hello" from Tim here~~
8)

timandyou
Expert on Something

"Hello" Sakura~~

Postby timandyou » July 1st, 2010 1:19 am

:o

80% Korean and 20% English!? That's too difficult for you, I think!
I think your bofriend really wants you to study hard Korean. Is he in duty right now? I am sorry for both of you~~ I really do. BUT, when he finishes his duty, he will be upgraded mentally and physically. Let's put like this.... he was a Korean boy before (before duty), he has been training himself to become a man! He will be a man who you can depend on and trust on after his duty. SO...overall, it's not that bad!
I do personally cheer for both of you!

You are so brave! why? because you said, "i think i'm the first one in the family to take time and learn more about Korea/Korean."
You are brave and more importantly you have personal reason for learning Korean (Korean boyfriend). I do want to help you. I hope my lessons will give you joy, fun, good Korean learning, and deeper passion for learning Korean.

How come your name is Sakura then? Is it your real name? You don't need to use your real name here but, I am just wondering... I thought you were Japanese by looking at your name, Sakura.

Anyway... Sakura "very nice to meet you!" Please join us and leave many comments, questions and issues freely. As you've already noticed, here are people who care and want to help you.

Thanks for the "very first step" to KoreanClass101.com.
cheers,
best,

Tim
hahaha yes Tim, i'm chatting with Korean man. My boyfriend is Korean actually. He's in Korea now serving his military duty. So since he knew that i'm starting to learn Korean his emails are turn into 80% Korean/20% English ><

Also, i'm not Japanese. I'm actually Korean American. Well... mostly Korean... my mother is full korean and my dad is korean/japanese. They both were adopted since birth so our house is very westernized. i think i'm the first one in the family to take time and learn more about Korea/Korean.

Ooo... i would love to join the lesson... I'm on summer vacation so i do have lots of time to study...

I'll be back with more questions, when i have them keke 8) 8)

Arev
New in Town

Absolute beginner S2?

Postby Arev » July 3rd, 2010 7:30 am

Hi Tim,

I am assuming that the classes you mentioned begin on Monday, July 12th, 맞죠? I have been going through lessons from previous seasons and supplementing with other sites, but I would love to be involved in something current on this site. That's exciting!

By the way, Tim, George, Julia Lim and manyakumi: you all do an excellent job with responding to people quickly and thouroughly. You each helped me with my comprehension of 이제 vs 지금 and I have also been reading other posts to which you have responded. I like the way more than one person responds to the questions because the multiple replies from different perspectives add so much insight that understanding comes so easy! Although I'd decided to learn Korean, there was a little bit of dread in terms of when things would become really challenging, but I am truly relieved to find you all here for support. I cannot thank you enough for your efforts.

감사합니다!

Arev

timandyou
Expert on Something

Hello Arev,

Postby timandyou » July 5th, 2010 12:37 am

Thanks for your womnderful comment on us!
You thank us but we do thank you as well.

First, the new lessons start on tomorrow, July 6th on Monday.
Give it a listen Arev! please,,, Our team has been really working on improving in the lesson notes. If you are a beginner, the lesson notes will really help you improve your Korean. We try to explain things as simple and as easy as possible.

As much as you appreciate George, Manyakumi, and Julia, I do appreciate them so much. I do feel like... I have three best friends right beside me supporting and encouraging and assisting... "Thanks guys~~!!!"

Arev, please feel free to join us.
Ask and leave any sort of comment and question! We do love to answer your question.

Thanks very much!

cheers,

Tim

8)

Arev
New in Town

oops!

Postby Arev » July 5th, 2010 2:56 am

Hi Tim,

I meant to say the 6th and not the 12th. Thanks for the correction. Anyhow, I already found the lesson and am almost done with it. I messed up on some of the tests so I will listen again and retest myself. The lesson was informative and interesting, as usual. Koreanclass101 puts out top notch lessons, thanks to your team. The only thing that was amiss is that in the Vocabulary List section, the Audio expressions for 고맙습니다 and 감사합니다 are mixed up. At one there is even an english "thank you" thrown in. Just so you know.

By the way, I had to look at the photos of the teachers because I had never heard your or Debbie's voices before and visuals are always nice.

Oh, Tim! You must always remember that you said that I can ask any question I want. One day you might regret it because I am certain that I will ask many, many, many quesitons! :shock:

I think you are located in Canada, so you don't celebrate the 4th of July, but I hope you had a great weekend just the same.

Best,

Arev

timandyou
Expert on Something

Hello Arev,

Postby timandyou » July 5th, 2010 7:24 am

:D

Great! You've already listened to it!
Wonderful! We made a mistake on purpose so that you were able to comment on that just like you did above. That's was my quiz for you and you found the answer! Great!

Thanks Arev,
We are working on the matter right now.
We made a mistake (maybe me..??). "I am really sorry!"

Ask me any question Arev!
That's what I am here for!

asking too many is not good but asking many many questions is fine by me.
Just be patient. I might be a bit late to answer all the many many quesitons.

I know about July 4th. Actually we (Canadian) would just celebrate on Canada day in July. I missed it this year!

Thanks a lot Arev,
You are a wonderful student.
I am not your teacher but a good Korean friend.
best,

Tim 8) 8)

sakura1004
New in Town

Postby sakura1004 » July 10th, 2010 3:16 pm

I'm liking it here. I'm learning alot more then i thought i would. Yes Sakura is my real name. My dad named me for what reason i have no idea. All he told me when i asked was that he really liked the name Sakura. I'm not complaining cuz i love it too.

Anyway i'm back with some questions
Some people left this in my me2day and i have no clue ><
- 영어좀 가르쳐주세요
- 걸음마 시작입니다
- 친하게지내여

Also
How would you say 'Summer 2010 is almost coming to an end'??

Thank you

timandyou
Expert on Something

Hello Sakura!!

Postby timandyou » July 12th, 2010 1:20 am

Hello Sakura,
You are back!

your questions -
- 영어좀 가르쳐주세요 "please teach me some English"
- 걸음마 시작입니다 "I've just started walking" I think what he meant is "he is a beginner"
- 친하게지내여 "Let's get alone" "let's be a friend"

How would you say 'Summer 2010 is almost coming to an end'??
"2010년 여름이 거의 지나갑니다."

I hope my response would help you out!
cheers,

Tim 8)

Return to “Learn All About Korean (한국어에 관한 모든 것)”