Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Two Questions at once.

christinabender7355
New in Town

Two Questions at once.

Postby christinabender7355 » May 16th, 2010 12:14 pm

Okay so first of all do not have a clue how to write 있 on a computer keyboard. i do not know what i'm doing wrong. thats what i get when attempting to type it: 잇ㅅ
i dont get it. :c help please.

here goes the second question, which actually is really stupid i guess but it's been on my mind for quite some time. when do you know you're ready to go to the next level on korean class 101. like from beginner to intermediate or intermediate to advanced. kc101 is keep posting new lessons for every level (which is great). but i dont know when to move on. does that sound very stupid? i'm sorry if it does haha. d:

trutherous
Expert on Something

Postby trutherous » May 16th, 2010 1:41 pm

1. when you want to type ㅆ you have to press <shift> then ㅅ, not the same as typing ㅅ twice.

2. You decide when you are ready to move on. If you always catch fish it would be called 'catching' instead of 'fishing.' My advice would be to listen and try to make out the advanced lessons while you continue with reviewing intermediate lessons. Learning is called learning because you are being exposed to new material - if you keep reviewing only what you have learned this is good but it is reviewing, not learning.

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
wongwaiho4559
New in Town

Postby wongwaiho4559 » May 16th, 2010 8:18 pm

Hi Christina,

I am also a Korean learner and has only started listening to the podcasts and review lessons for a few days. Their stuff is quite easy to follow. I listened to both absolute beginner series and beginner series for now. For me, AB (absolute beginner) lessons are great and I still find materials that are unfamiliar to me. However, I am also using Beginner lesson for exposure to more natural conversations.

When you feel that the series you are at is no longer challenging; let say , you understand 80% of the conversation without aid, or when the lessons are simply too slow, you know it is time to move up a level. In any case, you can always "saddle" between two levels, learning a level that you are already comfortable with, while getting exposure to the more difficult materials.

Return to “Learn All About Korean (한국어에 관한 모든 것)”