Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

What order do you use the KC101 resources

dporter
New in Town

What order do you use the KC101 resources

Postby dporter » April 12th, 2009 12:44 pm

Sorry if this has been posted - I have looked high and low.

There seems to be 4 components of each lesson:

1. The lesson mp3.
2. The dialog mp3.
3. The review mp3.
4. The PDF of the lesson.

Is there one way that is better (for you) or has the program been designed in a certain way?

For example, maybe you should read the pdf first, then give a brief listen to the dialog, then the full lesson with the pdf, then the review.

Thoughts?

Chriss
Established Presence

Postby Chriss » April 12th, 2009 4:06 pm

My preference is:

1. Lesson mp3
2. PDF

The two others I use but rarely. Still, I do use the flashcards and tests in the learning center quite a lot.

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
shanshanchua
Expert on Something

Postby shanshanchua » April 12th, 2009 4:52 pm

I personally listen to the lesson MP3 and refer to the PDF at the same time, it helps me to reinforce what I hear. When I finish the lesson, I go through the PDF again and read (aloud) the vocabulary words/phrases and the expansion sentences, and go through the grammar, since there's usually more in the PDF than what the hosts cover in the lesson itself.

matthew254
Expert on Something

Postby matthew254 » April 12th, 2009 8:11 pm

for any new lesson that's on my level and lower:
1) The main audio mp3
2) the PDF
3) the review mp3

then I repeat the process after a few days, weeks:
1) dialogue mp3
2) review mp3

Then, on specific lessons, I go back to the PDF one last time. The whole process for one lesson might take a month. I really dig into these podcasts...typically the process starts with my mp3 player while I'm jogging. Then, back home at the computer the next day (after I've slept it off) to read the PDF while listening to music, then, after a few wdays, plug the review track only in my mp3 player while jogging.

I'll do this process for about three-four lessons at a time. Then, after I get those lessons done solid, I move on to new lessons.

great thread dporter!

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » April 12th, 2009 11:48 pm

Great thread :) Thanks for posting this! We'd love to hear from more listeners how they use the material on KC101 ^^ Thank you!!!

gillesvdp
Established Presence

Postby gillesvdp » April 13th, 2009 7:56 am

Step 1: I listen to the mp3 while reading the lesson pdf notes.
=> This is usually enough for me to remember the grammar point.

Step 2: I add the vocabulary into Anki (virtual flash card program).
=> Whatever word I insert in there, I will eventually know it. So this step is just about memorizing the vocabulary.

Contrary to Matthew's which, in my opinion, gives him active knowledge of Korean (he can use what he learns), I believe my way is more about gaining passive knowledge of Korean. It means that I am able to understand it, but not able to use actively.

To make it into active knowledge, I need to use it; so typically I will try to use it with my friends. :)

PS: I do this for every lesson that comes out. Which means that I study across all-levels (except advanced lessons though).

Alexis
Expert on Something

Postby Alexis » April 13th, 2009 11:58 am

I normally listen to the main podcast with the accompanying PDF, unless I haven't got it with me/am unable to get access to it. Then I listen to the review and, if there is one, go through the video vocab. Then I come online and do the quizzes and such. But I don't always do them...

I sometimes listen to the conversation again to refresh my memory on a lesson and its content.
안녕하세요! 윤선입니다!
http://seumnida.annyeong.net/ <-- Korean learning blog!

jintana23
Been Around a Bit

Postby jintana23 » April 14th, 2009 11:32 am

For me, I listen to the main mp3 many times. I try to catch what the speakers say and then I read the line by line translation to confirm my understanding. After that I study the PDF for indept knowledge. Make some notes and create my own sample sentences using grammar points from the lesson. Then I listen to the review tracks for vocab checks. On travelling from home to work and from work back home, I listen to the main mp3 and dialogues. I listen as many times as the conversations stick in my head. This way I can memorize the grammar patterns.

Return to “Learn All About Korean (한국어에 관한 모든 것)”