a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

내 한국어 브로그

Ziggy
New in Town

내 한국어 브로그

Postby Ziggy » January 28th, 2009 10:49 pm

Hi

안녕 하세요? 나는 지기 이다. 장년 내가 한국에서 살았다. 그 동 안 영어를 가르치지 말고 나는 그냥 카페에서 아르바이트를 했다. 그래서 한국 사람이랑 대화 많이 ㅘㄹ 수 있었다. 근데, 난벌써 캐나다에 돌어갔서 방금은 한국말을 쓰는 기회가 없었다. 항국말을 패우기를 위해서 나는 내 한국어 브로그를 많들고 싶다는데, 역시 어렵다.

Naver이나 Cyworld는 멤버들의 개인적 정보를 많이 필요하니까 나는 그 사이트를 쓰고 싶지 않다. 국민번호이나 저화번호는 브로그 사이트가 필요하는 이유도 없시, 한국에서 살다는 의국에서 살다는 것도 이런 개인적 정보는 왜 필요한다?

여로분 중에 혹시 타른 한국어 브로그 사이트의 안내를 아는 사람있습니까? 있으면 좀 알려 주세요!

감사합니다.

z.

holdfast
Expert on Something

Postby holdfast » January 29th, 2009 5:18 am

i understood your whole message, but i am too tired to try to form proper sentences in korean right now, so i'm going to reply in english. i'm hoping english is your first language - if not let me know and i'll rewrite in korean after i sleep.. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

it seems like most korean websites either require you to have a korean id number or you have to fax your id/passport, or they call and give you a pin number.. i think this is just to confirm who you are in real life, in case you decide to do something crazy online (they were trying to pass laws about this a few months back, but i never did find out what the outcome was). anyway..... i know that cyworld, naver, and daum are all like that - requiring some kind of information. i don't know of a korean blog site (or any other site you have to register for, for that matter) that doesn't require some kind of authorization.

if you don't want to go through that trouble (or if you use a mac, like me) you can just use any old blogging site and write in korean. that's what i do - i use wordpress (check the signature), but it allows you to set your main language and type in whatever language you want. there are lots of korean users on wordpress too..

if you do find a korean site, though, let me know. i want one too ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ.....
안녕하세요~ 에밀리입니다~~ ^^
korean blog: http://holdfasthope.wordpress.com
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/sendmetokorea

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
yhenry
Expert on Something

Re: 내 한국어 브로그

Postby yhenry » January 29th, 2009 2:27 pm

Ziggy wrote:Hi

안녕 하세요? 나는 지기 *입니다. *작년에 내가 한국에서 살았지요. 그 동 안 영어를 가르치지 *않고 나는 그냥 카페에서 아르바이트를 *했어요. 그래서 한국 사람이랑 대화 많이 *나눌 수 있었*지요. 근데, 난벌써 캐나다*로 돌*아 왔기에 *지금은 한국말을 쓰는 기회가 없*어요. 항국말을 배우기를 위해서 나는 내 한국어 브로그를 많들고 싶*었는데, 역시 어렵*네요.

네이버이나 싸이얼드는 멤버들의 개인적 정보를 많이 *요구하니까 나는 그 사이트를 쓰고 싶지 않*아요.

국민번호이나 전화번호는 브로그 사이트가 필요하는 이유도 없시, ==>
그 사이트가 이유도 없*이 요구하는 국민번호이나 전화번호 또는

한국에서 살다*가 외국으로 *갔다는 것등 이런 개인적 정보는 왜 필요*할까요?
(Do you mean to say 'why do they require without valid reasons personal information like 국민번호이나 전화번호는 or ask if I still live in Korea or moved out"???)

여로분 중에 혹시 *다른 한국어 브로그 사이트에 *관한 *정보를 아는 사람있습니까? 있으면 좀 알려 주세요!

감사합니다.

z.

I fixed a little. Hope I didn't get it wrong and way off your original context to convey.
Are you pleaZZZZZZZed, Z?
I am a forever ESL student.

Ziggy
New in Town

Postby Ziggy » January 29th, 2009 6:20 pm

Hi

Holdfast, thanks for the reference. I'll check that site out. The main thing for me is that the blog be easily accessible for my Korean friends who I want to stay in touch with. The best would be Naver, but... they require too much information. It's unreasonable! Oh, and for your information I am indeed a native English speaker. Thanks!

yhenry, nice! I didn't expect to have my post corrected too. I'm glad you are so enthusiastic about helping those of us who will forever be KSL students.

I think I will sign up for wordpress. It looks good, and the key is just to start writing. Now to come up with an attractive name! I had initially wanted to use 예쁜 우리나라말, but of course that isn't going to work as a URL... and Oolinalamal is a little unwieldy...

z.
Last edited by Ziggy on January 29th, 2009 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yhenry
Expert on Something

Postby yhenry » January 29th, 2009 6:37 pm

Ziggy wrote:Hi

yhenry, nice! I didn't expect to have my post corrected too. I'm glad you are so enthusiastic about helping those of us who will forever be KSL students.

z.

Speaking foreign language naturally seems forever thing to me; it takes just too much time to do so, if not indefinite.

Since you have just started writing in Korean, knowing what type of mountain you are to climb, you were able to agree with me easier, using altered signature of mine.

If you put the English text next to your Korean translation, you can help both ESL and KSL together.
Also that can help correct the wrong or no sense making translation easier.

Think about it.
I am a forever ESL student.

just1world
New in Town

Krn Internets~

Postby just1world » January 29th, 2009 7:42 pm

Yea. . .making your way as a foreigner onto the Korean side of the internet is really a pain sometimes.

Like holdfast said, a lot of the big sites like Naver and Cyworld require you to send your id/passport pic as well as some other info in order to verify your identity. And there are quite a few other sites that don't even have an option for non-koreans or people w/o a krn SSN to register. It really is a little much. . . :roll:

But alas, if you have enough Korean friends you want to keep in contact with you almost have no choice (talk about peer pressure) but to go through this process. I registered at both Naver and Cyworld and both were rather frustrating, particularly Cyworld. . .i was flat out denied by them the 1st two(three??) times that i tried because of. . .hmm. . .i can't even remember the reason anymore but the emails are somewhere in my gmail archive. All of this AFTER i had sent them my precious info! (mind you i have a squeaky clean record :) ) so i was more than a bit confused. Anyway, I tried to send them emails in my broken Krn to complain but they didn't respond until I got one of my krn friends to send them an email as well, after which everything was fixed promptly the next day -_-. Comparitively, Naver went much smoother but was still a bit of a hassle.
This was all a loOong while back, so i'm hoping things are smoother now, even if you have to send all that info still.

Despite my complaining it is really awesome having accounts on these sites. I've been able to keep up with all my friends, have my own blog (i admit i don't use it much tho), and I'm part of a bunch of interesting Cyworld/Naver groups. It all makes me feel. . .well, like more korean haha...or at least more like a part of the community and that has done a lot towards keeping me motivated to master the language.
I would say you guys still try to register, especially in your case ziggy, you can laugh at your krn friends reaction when you say "here is my cyworld address..." and they ask "US cyworld?" then you reply shocked "WHAT?!? there is a US version of cyworld?!" hehehe~ :lol:

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Re: Krn Internets~

Postby Ulver_684 » January 29th, 2009 8:44 pm

xd3qu1n0x wrote:Yea. . .making your way as a foreigner onto the Korean side of the internet is really a pain sometimes.

Like holdfast said, a lot of the big sites like Naver and Cyworld require you to send your id/passport pic as well as some other info in order to verify your identity. And there are quite a few other sites that don't even have an option for non-koreans or people w/o a krn SSN to register. It really is a little much. . . :roll:

But alas, if you have enough Korean friends you want to keep in contact with you almost have no choice (talk about peer pressure) but to go through this process. I registered at both Naver and Cyworld and both were rather frustrating, particularly Cyworld. . .i was flat out denied by them the 1st two(three??) times that i tried because of. . .hmm. . .i can't even remember the reason anymore but the emails are somewhere in my gmail archive. All of this AFTER i had sent them my precious info! (mind you i have a squeaky clean record :) ) so i was more than a bit confused. Anyway, I tried to send them emails in my broken Krn to complain but they didn't respond until I got one of my krn friends to send them an email as well, after which everything was fixed promptly the next day -_-. Comparitively, Naver went much smoother but was still a bit of a hassle.
This was all a loOong while back, so i'm hoping things are smoother now, even if you have to send all that info still.

Despite my complaining it is really awesome having accounts on these sites. I've been able to keep up with all my friends, have my own blog (i admit i don't use it much tho), and I'm part of a bunch of interesting Cyworld/Naver groups. It all makes me feel. . .well, like more korean haha...or at least more like a part of the community and that has done a lot towards keeping me motivated to master the language.
I would say you guys still try to register, especially in your case ziggy, you can laugh at your krn friends reaction when you say "here is my cyworld address..." and they ask "US cyworld?" then you reply shocked "WHAT?!? there is a US version of cyworld?!" hehehe~ :lol:

xd3qu1n0x! :wink:

I am in Cyworld US but it's not fun like Cyworld Korea so I try to register and Korean pop up messages appears I try Hyunwoo Sun to help me out but I get no responce so can someone please help me out and sign to Cyworld Korea and Naver now that you mention it, I want to have my own blog too in my Windows Vista Ultimate! :D:wink:

holdfast
Expert on Something

Postby holdfast » January 30th, 2009 12:30 am

amazing tutorial for joining cyworld

but keep in mind, you have to fax your id/passport, and sometimes it still takes a long time. or sometimes they just deny you. and it also doesn't work if you are using a mac. sad for me.
안녕하세요~ 에밀리입니다~~ ^^
korean blog: http://holdfasthope.wordpress.com
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/sendmetokorea

Ziggy
New in Town

Postby Ziggy » January 30th, 2009 2:55 am

Hi

I am still going to consider joining Naver or Cyworld later. I'll think it over and judge whether or not it's worth it. It's not that I have something to hide, I am just not about to support the kind of internet that these sites represent for me.

On the other hand, I have started a blog on wordpress as was recommended above. Check it out if you have the time: sinokoreanische.wordpress.com

yhenry, yeah! It would probably be a good idea to write the English under the Korean. I'll think about it, though I do prefer the aesthetics of an all Korean blog and have an all English blog tucked away in another corner of the internet anyway.

Thanks everyone!

z.

gillesvdp
Established Presence

Postby gillesvdp » March 8th, 2009 8:12 am

Among cyworld, naver, and others, naver is the only one you can join as a foreigner without having to give in any major information.

1. Go here: Registration page for foreigners living outside of Korea
2. Tick all the boxes and click 동의
3. Click 휴대폰 인증받기
and then keep on...
I can't go on further as my phone number is already registered in their database, but as far as I remember I received by sms a registration number that I needed later on in the process.
And after filling in the forms I got my full naver.com.

Seriously, I had a very small knozledge of Korean when I did it by myself.
My advice is just keep cool in front of the page with all the fields to complete, use google translator when you need it and you will find your way to the naver account. ;-)

Gilles

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » March 9th, 2009 4:31 am

gillesvdp wrote:Among cyworld, naver, and others, naver is the only one you can join as a foreigner without having to give in any major information.

3. Click 휴대폰 인증받기
and then keep on...
I can't go on further as my phone number is already registered in their database, but as far as I remember I received by sms a registration number that I needed later on in the process.

My advice is just keep cool in front of the page with all the fields to complete, use google translator when you need it and you will find your way to the naver account. ;-)

Gilles

Gilles,

this will be very useful for many people!! Thanks for sharing the info :)

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » March 9th, 2009 11:08 pm

gillesvdp wrote:Among cyworld, naver, and others, naver is the only one you can join as a foreigner without having to give in any major information.

3. Click 휴대폰 인증받기
and then keep on...

Gilles

Guilles! :wink:

I did the process and they call me but it's all in Korean and I didn't understand so for those that are newbie to Korea like me don't try it out or you'll end up asking what :?:

Is my phone register? Now what should I do if I want to try again someday?(until I know more Korean of course :wink: )

gillesvdp
Established Presence

Postby gillesvdp » March 10th, 2009 8:32 am

Ulver_684 wrote:Guilles! :wink:

I did the process and they call me but it's all in Korean and I didn't understand so for those that are newbie to Korea like me don't try it out or you'll end up asking what :?:

Is my phone register? Now what should I do if I want to try again someday?(until I know more Korean of course :wink: )

진짜? They called you?? :roll:
Are you sure you clicked on the 휴대폰 button and not 유선전화 ?

When I registered using my cell phone, I am absolutely certain that they sent me a text message. Try again, otherwise it means they have changed their procedure. :?

gillesvdp
Established Presence

Postby gillesvdp » March 10th, 2009 10:37 am

gillesvdp wrote:
Ulver_684 wrote:Guilles! :wink:

진짜? They called you?? :roll:
Are you sure you clicked on the 휴대폰 button and not 유선전화 ?

When I registered using my cell phone, I am absolutely certain that they sent me a text message. Try again, otherwise it means they have changed their procedure. :?

Just to make sure, I went through the entire process again (using the same cell phone number, it worked). And took a few notes along the way and wrote this:
http://easykorea.blogspot.com/2009/03/h ... nt-as.html

Hope it helps ;-)
Gilles

matthew254
Expert on Something

Postby matthew254 » March 11th, 2009 12:18 am

woah - above and beyond. nice work!

Return to “Learn All About Korean (한국어에 관한 모든 것)”