Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

These spam posts are getting ridiculous

javiskefka
Expert on Something

These spam posts are getting ridiculous

Postby javiskefka » February 20th, 2008 4:37 am

Can we do something about these spam accounts please? Not only are the words in the topics disgusting and distracting, it makes it impossible to see from the forum index if any new posts have been made if the newest post is usually of of these. Can we take more agressive action than identifying offending posts and deleting them? I believe it's possible to identify ranges of IP addresses and block them from creating forum accounts with many packages of forum software. This would prevent any advertising company's nefarious automated bots from simply creating new accounts once spam accounts are identified.

Bouks
Expert on Something

Postby Bouks » February 20th, 2008 10:11 pm

I'll reply here just to bump the thread to the top. I agree that more aggressive action needs to be taken. It seems that whoever is doing it knows to do it while it's during the night Tokyo time. Unfortunately, that's prime time for me here in the Arizona desert. I have to be careful now not to let my 8 year old daughter look over my shoulder when I log into the forum. :shock:

Bouks
On Skype, I'm nenuphar_ (just like that with the underline character ending)

I invite you to check out my new blog about linguistics, translation and culture:
www.shadesofmeaning.wordpress.com
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Technical Support (기술 지원)”