Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Incorrect Audio, S3#11

Larry9999
New in Town

Incorrect Audio, S3#11

Postby Larry9999 » April 4th, 2010 1:25 am

Has anyone noticed that the entire Lesson audio, including dialog audio, for AUDIO BLOG S3, LESSON #11 is actually the one for S3, LESSON 12? The audio on S3#12 is S3#12, so the audio for S3#11 is missing.

trutherous
Expert on Something

Postby trutherous » April 4th, 2010 10:06 am

Hi Larry,

Nice to see another student of the Korean language.

I know how these kind of errors can be really frustrating.

I just checked and you are correct about that being the wrong audio link for S3 #11 - http://www.koreanclass101.com/2009/06/0 ... /#comments but judging by the comments it seems that at one time the correct audio must have been linked.

Regarding the audio for S3 #12 -hmm? The file currently linked to S3 #11 isn't the audio for the S3 #12 that I found at http://www.koreanclass101.com/2009/03/2 ... /#comments

Anyway, the good news is that you are advanced enough in your Korean skill to recognize the error, and the other good news is that so far the current lessons appear to be correctly linked.

Let's hope they get the problem corrected, and in the meantime keep up the diligent study and make use of the forums. We need more chatters to keep things lively.

George - fellow student

Get 40% OFF
Larry9999
New in Town

Postby Larry9999 » April 4th, 2010 6:29 pm

Hi George,

Thanks for your reply.

I should have been clearer, the audio file linked to Audio Blog S3 #11 is Audio Blog S3 #12, not Newbie S3 #12, in other words it's from the next Lesson.

Other than very minor translation mix-ups and vocabulary audio mix-ups, this is the first main problem I've run into since I discovered this site last Oct.

Not sure what you think, but in my opinion, this Korean 101 is the best thing around for learning Korean. There are several other sites, but mainly for the very beginner. I've been self-studying Korean on and off for the past 25-30 years, getting books with cassettes of various courses (Myongdo's Korean (Beg & Int), Speaking Korean (1&2), DLI, FSI, etc. (Now best is Klear Integrated series). All the old courses were set up as Dialog, Vocab, Grammer, and then the nauseating Drills (pattern, substitution, etc), which could get pretty tedious. One interesting small 6 book series I got though was Seang-hwal Yong-o which was actually for teaching English to Koreans, each page had facing translation, and I used it to study from Korean to English, and that used normal conversation, idioms, slang, etc. However, I retained very little from all this off and on studying.

Anyway, I've been through all the Korean101 classes from newbie on up and am now up to Audio Blog S3 (almost caught up to them real time--they're now producing S4), and it really got difficult once I reached the Korean only Audio Blogs. But for some reason I'm retaining a lot more vocab, comprehension, etc from Korean101 than from anything else. Maybe because it's so interesting the way the hosts interact with each other, funny the way they kid around, etc, and you can learn natural conversation, slang, idioms, etc they way you don't get in most books. However, just when i feel like I'm making good progress, I'll go to MySoju or GLOSS DLIFLC and won't understand a thing! Ha! ...but I'll keep plugging away.

Larry

julialim
KoreanClass101.com Team Member

Postby julialim » April 5th, 2010 2:56 am

We are sincerely sorry about inconvenience. :oops:
I just checked this blog and reported the problem to Tech Team.
I'm sure that Tech team will fix this problem as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your your comment and understanding. :D
불편함을 드려서 정말 죄송합니다.

조지님 또 한번 감사의 말씀을 드립니다. :D

heeyuan
New in Town

Postby heeyuan » May 12th, 2010 1:13 pm

It's been more than a month since this problem was raised. Any update on it? I still cannot get the correct audio file.

super_user
Been Around a Bit

Postby super_user » July 10th, 2010 4:16 am

@heeyuan - Sorry for the late response. We should have a fix in place shortly. Thanks for bringing this to our attention and apologies for the inconvenience.

timandyou
Expert on Something

As a member of KoreanClass101.com,

Postby timandyou » July 12th, 2010 1:31 am

Hello KoreanClass101.com listeners,

As one of members in KoreanClass101.com, I have to say, "Sorry".
Yes, as you mentioned, the file is a bit messed up.
I hope our KoreanClass team and our tech team will find the right audio file soon.
Meantime, please do not wait for the correct file.
There are other Audio Blog files and play and learn Korean with them.
cheers,

Tim 8)

timandyou
Expert on Something

Hello Larry9999 and George,

Postby timandyou » July 12th, 2010 4:10 am

:o

The problem has been fixed!
Thanks for our tech team.
:wink:

Thanks for pointing out our mistake.
best,