Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

new PDF lesson notes?? Doesn't work!!!

yezza
New in Town

new PDF lesson notes?? Doesn't work!!!

Postby yezza » November 28th, 2008 3:09 pm

I came back to koreanclass and I noticed something is diffirent with PDF lesson notes. Unfortunately I can't view the text in it, It is saying my adobe reader doesn't support some font used in PDFs.

I downloaded newest version already, so that can't be the problem.

I hope I don't have to stop learning korean here! koreanclass101.com is THE BEST way for me to learn korean.

So Anyone, any ideas how to make my adobe to update this font!??
:?:

Taliana
Established Presence

Postby Taliana » November 28th, 2008 5:22 pm

Your adobe SHOULD prompt you to download the fonts needed to use with the pdfs, mine did so I'm not too sure why yours isn't. Are you sure there are no prompts popping up for you to download the fonts? Maybe an update you're missing?

Get 40% OFF
waterbugg
Been Around a Bit

Postby waterbugg » November 29th, 2008 4:39 am

Are you using adobe or preview?

nilfisq
Been Around a Bit

Postby nilfisq » November 30th, 2008 5:03 pm

It is good that the Pdf files are more "organized" now; I used Preview as well to open them, but I switched to Adobe and installed the support for Korean fonts: no problems at all on my Mac.
One drawback though: the Pdf files can no longer be opened on the Ipod Touch/Iphone.

lukek
Been Around a Bit

Postby lukek » November 30th, 2008 9:04 pm

Maybe it's some good feedback to the admins to embed fonts into the pdfs.

Eegah
New in Town

Postby Eegah » November 30th, 2008 11:49 pm

nilfisq wrote:It is good that the Pdf files are more "organized" now; I used Preview as well to open them, but I switched to Adobe and installed the support for Korean fonts: no problems at all on my Mac.
One drawback though: the Pdf files can no longer be opened on the Ipod Touch/Iphone.

I don't think they ever were; I signed up last week but even older PDFs don't seem to display on my iphone.

If you want a really, really want to get (at least the newer PDFs) displayed, there's a roundabout way to do it, using Stanza. Stanza's computer client allows you to share texts between a computer and your phone if it has Stanza. So you copy/paste the PDF text into a text file using TextEdit (not RTF!), open it in Stanza, then share it to your iPhone. It ain't pretty, but it works.

javiskefka
Expert on Something

Postby javiskefka » December 1st, 2008 6:00 am

Wow, so you've got to use a third-party program to copy a text file onto your iPhone? That's a real "smart" phone there :lol: .

yezza
New in Town

it works

Postby yezza » December 1st, 2008 9:16 am

it works on my computer now^^ I just needed to download adobe reader 9.0 o_O

nilfisq
Been Around a Bit

Postby nilfisq » December 1st, 2008 10:34 am

Thanks Eega, for the Stanza tip: it is useful for any text document!
By the way: the PDF files in the older format are perfectly downloadable on my Ipod Touch.

ognistik
New in Town

Postby ognistik » December 31st, 2008 9:15 pm

Old PDF notes had no problem when seen in my iPod touch. I like how the newer ones are organized, but being able to see them in the touch was very helpful. It seems recent notes have a plain version that works in in iPhone or touch, but something in the fonts or format makes it slow to render.

Return to “Technical Support (기술 지원)”